Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Al Colangelo? Insta-internal? Take any UFC fighter?

Re: BARBIE DOLLS

Originally posted by Kungfu Bandit
    Hey, we don't deal with chicks, so your being full of ****, is self-explanatory. And to sign up? Since no balls, better stay with
    Barbie Dolls, this stuff is way over your head, huh?
    OK, you pin-dicked sexist *****: now I can't believe I was really starting to feel remorseful for being so abusive. And I can't even believe you're a fuwwy-gwown 'man' either...
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

I wouldn't care at this point if Al Colangelo were some kind of martial messiah...if this is how he allows himself to be represented online, I would never consider learning how to tie a shoelace from this man. While some have been rude and obviously baiting in their responses on this thread, there are STILL some very polite, very simple, very objective questions that have yet to be answered. Rather than establishing rapport with potential customers/students of Colangelo's, some of which have stated their lack of bias, this person chooses to insult everyone on the thread instead. I'm not sure exactly which class it is in a marketing degree where they teach this strategy.

Anyway, without answers to the original questions and, at this point, without reparatory explanations and apologies from Kungfu Bandit, I will have to assume that Mr. Colangelo's entire operation is tainted with fraud. What a shame if he's really a quality teacher with quality information. Too bad he doesn't take more care in controlling how he is represented to the buying public.
    "Bagua can look pretty, especially when you wave your hands around alot and walk really fast and bounce back and forth like a goof." -- Braden

OK, it's only a... teenage TROLL

disengage -

from -

thread - !

I will be waiting for contact from 'your' 'students' here, though. Please do not disappoint me.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Re: BARBIE DOLLS

Hey, we don't deal with chicks, so your being full of ****, is self-explanatory. And to sign up? Since no balls, better stay with
    Barbie Dolls, this stuff is way over your head, huh?
    What? You don't deal with chicks?? Are you guys a bunch of ROMOS? That's ok, I am almost positive that barbie dolls are more in touch with their stuff than you guys are! It's ok though, I understand....I will stick with my art. You're right, I don't have testicles...but I think I have WAY MORE BALLS than you do....

um, that sounded really wrong, but the rest of you guys get the point!!

~Wen~
    The greatest thing about me is that I know that I am the ONLY one that knows the truth about all! Damo lives within me, and me ONLY - for there is nobody that knows the truth more - so stick that in your pipe and smoke it sparky's!!!

Originally posted by Chris McKinley
    ... some have been rude and obviously baiting in their responses on this thread...
    Sorry about that Chris, my bad, this geezer was just really winding me up.

Maybe I need a rest from the forum!

And btw, not dealing with someone because they are female and assuming that any particular intellectual concept is beyond them for aforementioned gender reasons is what I call chauvinistic. More to the point, it makes Kungfu Bandit a good old-fashioned ass-hole. Don't like it, Tom? Too bad. Unless and until you can bring it instead of singing it, I don't give a rat's ass. You're a coward and confidence man, yet you're only skilled at the former.
    "Bagua can look pretty, especially when you wave your hands around alot and walk really fast and bounce back and forth like a goof." -- Braden

OK, as many of you know, I don't usually do these types of threads. Al Colangelo is clearly guilty of hype. The actual content may or may not be valid, but it is so steeped in incredible suggestions that the style loses credibility.

However, I have gone through the site www.mindboxing.com. I can't find where it claims that students can learn to defeat any opponent in just a weekend, or any other such unlikely claims.

It is possible the site has been recently edited in response to criticism. I just wondered if someone could point me to the place where such a claim is made.

Granted, there are some very questionable elements such as strange interpretations of traditional principles, unlikely testimonials that all sound like they were written by the same semi-literate person, and "a Monk who needs no name recognition".

None of these things bothers me nearly as much as the aforementioned claim. If such skills did exist, and have existed as long as is claimed, they would surely have floated to the surface as the definitively superior art. Also, if they were so quick and easy to acquire, it would quickly become common knowledge.

Tom/Scott - Before you go on about how the art is not about defeating external opponents, how it is a healing art, etc, save your fingers. I fully understand that these other claims are very achievable with some effort and practice. I specifically take exception to the aforementioned claim.

Does such a claim exist? If so, where? Who made the claim? Is the claim explicit or inferred? I am not interested in Tom/Scott's claims unless he officially represents Al Colangelo.

So, can anyone show me where this type of claim was made?

Best regards,

Brent Carey
    Last edited by BrentCarey; 07-28-2002 at 12:50 AM.

Chris? Chris McKinley? The one who started this mess along with Gary? Talking about learning from Al? Naaaa, never happen. Al has made it quite clear we don't want customers, get it? We don't need people who are derilicks, skeptics, wannabe's. No, you should go down the street to the local mess hall. Don't start preaching now boys, it's wayyyy past that time. Time's acoming for the proof and you gotta pay the fiddler, eh? We'll find out what you really are made of...

We don't want the buying public. Hello? The honest, sincere people who have found us are in the thousands and they stay.

Sorry about your mis-information on us.

(customers? buying public? money making? Whew, are you ever in
    another fantasy land)

We be about everything except your cheap, ******* martial arts
    clowns. We be about health, daaa, vitality, regeneration. Ever hear of it? Better catch up. Life has no mercy.

"Life's tough enough without being stupid." John Wayne
    If you don't have the health and vitality you are NOT even in the game. Hello?
    Tom Marsh

We don't need people who are derilicks, skeptics, wannabe's.(..) Time's acoming for the proof and you gotta pay the fiddler, eh? We'll find out what you really are made of...
    And you plan to prove this .... how? You certainly can't prove it if you turn away everyone who isn't already convinced..
    "Freedom is the ability to move in any direction the mind can imagine" -Mestre No

Originally posted by BrentCarey
    OK, as many of you know, I don't usually do these types of threads. Al Colangelo is clearly guilty of hype. The actual content may or may not be valid, but it is so steeped in incredible suggestions that the style loses credibility.

However, I have gone through the site www.mindboxing.com. I can't find where it claims that students can learn to defeat any opponent in just a weekend, or any other such unlikely claims.

It is possible the site has been recently edited in response to criticism. I just wondered if someone could point me to the place where such a claim is made.

Granted, there are some very questionable elements such as strange interpretations of traditional principles, unlikely testimonials that all sound like they were written by the same semi-literate person, and "a Monk who needs no name recognition".

None of these things bothers me nearly as much as the aforementioned claim. If such skills did exist, and have existed as long as is claimed, they would surely have floated to the surface as the definitively superior art. Also, if they were so quick and easy to acquire, it would quickly become common knowledge.

Tom/Scott - Before you go on about how the art is not about defeating external opponents, how it is a healing art, etc, save your fingers. I fully understand that these other claims are very achievable with some effort and practice. I specifically take exception to the aforementioned claim.

Does such a claim exist? If so, where? Who made the claim? Is the claim explicit or inferred? I am not interested in Tom/Scott's claims unless he officially represents Al Colangelo.

So, can anyone show me where this type of claim was mode?

Best regards,

Brent Carey
    Brent,

At least you are a thinking person, thank you. No, we have not made any claims about instant this or that. yes, our 600 testimonials suggest whatever you want to infer. They claim the benefits not Al or us.

It's simple. Forget about us and buying anything. The site says that right up front. No, we don't want nor need your money.
    Hello?

But we will fight about what we know is empirical evidence. It's shameful that people know nada about the real internal.

"Life's tough enough without being stupid."
    Tom Marsh

"Life's tough enough without being stupid."
    Is it just me, or does this quote strike you guys as funny coming from HIM??

Hey, Kungfu Bandit, I learned from a "secret Monk" as well. I bet I could make you 1000 times better than what he made you, in only a few minutes....it won't cost ya much....just a few hundred bucks...you wanna jump on this one too??

Why is it all these guys say "Secret Monk" or something to that effect? These people are just getting way out of control with all this happy horse sh!t.

~Wen~
    The greatest thing about me is that I know that I am the ONLY one that knows the truth about all! Damo lives within me, and me ONLY - for there is nobody that knows the truth more - so stick that in your pipe and smoke it sparky's!!!

"You're a coward and confidence man, yet you're only skilled at the former."

Well, here's the deal then con man...

Now, will Chris McKinley, the man who quotes from Gary have the balls to show up to see Alan? Yeah, end of tough mouth, Chris.
    Come on, show or get the hee haw off of here. Gary? Same deal, pal. You two started this thing. Let's find out. I'm sick of the wannabe's even though Al tells me to end this. I am but...
    that's the deal.
    Tom Marsh

>our 600 testimonials suggest whatever you want to infer.

Testimonials are absurdly easy to fake. We have only our trust in the honesty of the source of the testimonials to use when evaluating them, and clearly, this renders the testimonials useless when the validity of the material described in the testimonials is in question. Since for purposes of examining the credibility of your claims we must arbitrarily make the assumption that the source itself is utterly fraudulent until demonstrated otherwise by indirect means, the testimonials are of no use whatsoever for this discussion.

Several quite reasonable methods of demonstrating these claims have been offered. None have been accepted. This in itself is a datum. Until one of these entirely reasonable tests are done, the entire set of claims, due to the "Physical impossibility", that is, the fact that claims are made which violate the experience and understanding of a large number of authorities on the matter, render everything claimed, as well as every single testimonial given, to be lacking in the most simple and rudimentary standards of evidence.
    "Freedom is the ability to move in any direction the mind can imagine" -Mestre No

Hi there, Tom. Just to help you keep your facts straight....Gary started "this mess" of his own accord. He called me one afternoon asking me about my opinion based on the claims made by both Al Colangelo and his students on one of Al's videotapes. I told him exactly what I told the readers of this thread on my first post to it. Namely, that even if Al had the best information out there, he is acting as a charlatan for advertising it in such a blatantly untrue manner. I did add one other comment to Gary in private conversation that I didn't include in my post. Again namely, that the idea of "freezing", AS IT IS DESCRIBED on the tape is 100% pure grade bull**** from a Traditional Chinese Medicine point of view. Yes, there are related concepts taught as possibilities, both within the domain of martial and healing arts. However, such methods are reliant on the cumulative influence of such a variety of factors that it renders all thought of teaching it as a reliable, consistent method for combat completely moot.

About learning from Al, you're right...as I stated quite clearly, it will never happen. I wouldn't accept 5 minutes of teaching from the man if he begged me and/or offered me cash. BTW, I'm not sure what a derilick is. If it's anything like a derelict, than it simply does not apply to me, though I don't see why a person's having a home ought to be a criterion for martial training.

RE: "Time's acoming for the proof and you gotta pay the fiddler, eh? We'll find out what you really are made of...". There shall be no such transaction occurring.....with a fiddler or any other kind of person. Unless, of course, this statement is a threat of physical violence, in which case and in good conscience, I ought to bring up the legal/ethical appropriateness of such a comment on a public forum, not to mention the intelligence of such a choice. No, there shall be no reckoning since I have not requested nor demanded one. Neither do I suspect that there shall be any answering of the original questions, any apologies to those insulted by you, or any provision made to those on this thread who offered to meet with you on legitimate grounds.

As far as I'm concerned, you're still a coward. The rest of your post makes you appear innebriated at best, hallucinatory at worst. You appear to be changing strategies on us currently. You now seem to be attempting to make it sound as if everyone EXCEPT you and your organization has made unsubstantiated claims and that now you are taking it upon yourself to call US out on it. Interesting twist. Not particularly effective, I'm going to guess, based on the intelligence of those posting, but it doesn't hurt to try. Especially when you seem otherwise to be losing this battle so horribly.

What a shame that a potential opportunity to further honor the teaching of Al Colangelo in an on-topic forum was instead squandered and his name has now been rather strongly associated with the stereotype of martial arts frauds. Oh well.....live and learn, I suppose.

i just looked at the website.... it was posted here a while ago before. I'm trying to find the thread before...

There are 2 pics of Yip Man in the picture section... do you have any link to yip man wing chun?

Also, nice photography in one of the pics... i could do that myself if i had a strobe light or multiple exposures on a single film... It's nothing to do with Internal though, unless i influenced the photographer

good luck,
    david
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.