• Sniper

1 2.86%
  • Runner

5 14.29%
  • Or are you an All-around bad ass?

9 25.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your personal fighting style

Question What's your personal fighting style (Its not what you think either)

Read the article and then vote. It ain't too long. Stop being lazy.
    http://martialarts.about.com/library.../aa061002a.htm

Its more a question of how you fight using the techniques in your own style buts i think its a valid question. I picture myself more as a Blitzer or Slugger but i do strive to be a Counterpucher
    Last edited by Leonidas; 07-25-2002 at 06:17 PM.
    "If I'm gonna get my balls blown off for a word, my word is p00ntang."-Animal Mother

Hey, wheres the friggin replies.

Blitzer - i tag with a light slap to their guard. then fire in and try to score an elbow shot.

I have running tendencies which haven't been totally unlearnt yet, other than that 'Blitzing' works well for me, though I've got a few sniping and counterpunching techniques.

My main trouble is that at the moment I don't have a particular style, I try to be too inventive which can get me into trouble. (but sometimes works a treat.)

i'm a wing chun guy
    Travis

structure in motion

That article was crappy, but I am a counter puncher.

Thumbs up

Philosophically a "counterpuncher".
    Always a "runner" if possible,but that is not the case when you have to be "counterpuncher".

Never starting the trouble.
    Firing clean atemi shots with some chin-na.
    Always searching for a nerve to pinch or joint to bend.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Not in the face!! Not in that face!!!

Blitzer.
    "Courage is the moment when ordinary beings become extraordinary beings."-Brian Jacques

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but rising every time we fall."-Confucius

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    I am the first 3 mixed
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

The article being crappy is not the point, its the message.

Depends on who I am fighting, and where....
    small dude I'm prob. either going to be a slugger or blitzer. If the guy is a lot taller I would either try to be a sniper, blitzer, or counterpuncher. If I am matched up, then I'm the all around bad arse.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

My tendencies lean toward blitzing.

I thought the article was a good start, but needed to be a little more in depth. To me, the author's categoration of tendency reflected a more positive and negative value system of body types. For example, the blitzer and the slugger are comparable in body type, however the blitzer has added mobility; the runner and sniper are similar, but the sniper has intention and timing; if the runner is of a bigger build, he may evolve into a counter puncher, who resembles the runner with technical efficiency, range, and opponent reading down.

Of course, the all around guy or gal exibihits all of these skillful qualities of the blitzer, counterpuncher, and sniper. Of course, added is the overall wisdom, will, and strategy to apply the appropriate qualities at the appropriat time--without falling into tendency.

So, if you all aspire to be the all around guy--as I'm sure we all do--then how would you or do you train to enhance your strengths and improve your weaknesses?

--------

For me, I spend a lot of time around smaller, faster gentleman who love to counter. I play into their styles too often, which makes me adapt strategically into something else or get hit and kicked and choked.

I'm a blitzer when I should probably counterpunch, and a counterpuncher when I should probably blitz. So, not very good basically.

Strangely, I make a great sniper, cos I'm fast as **** and rarely telegraph anything even from a distance. I find dancing rings round my opponent really really boring though!

It is a bad article isn't it!?
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Damm!t Mat, this is my first poll. Gimme a break. Your making this seem like a complete and utter waste of time. You dont have to analyze everything you know. Just read the friggin article and vote. Just think about the way you spar most of the time and make a choice.
    Last edited by Leonidas; 07-26-2002 at 08:37 PM.