Thread: new film clips @ wahnam

Exclamation new film clips @ wahnam

sorry for the spam, i thought it was worth the mention seeing two of the clips are over 15mb each. http://www.atu.com.au/~wahnam/ enjoy!

dan

hi dan
    you may want to post this on the southern forum.
    vts
    [disclaimer- i am about to be rude, antagonistic & terribly offensive- but i love ya's all]

Very nice!

Reminds me of about four years ago when one of my WC training partners (also well-practised in Pak Mei) taught me some of the retreating/advancing moves from a couple of the forms, to try and improve my WC footwork... all I really remember is falling on my arse many times on the beach and up mountains, trying to get that strange sit-down unicorn stance after the front kick on the second of those vids!!!

I also remember that very forward-leaning stance... is the chin-first approach always used in Pak Mei? I only ask, cos it was always too easy to clock my friend! He said Pak Mei artists expect to take a couple of shots as they come in, and he was a big guy, but I always managed to rock him and I wondered if it was a generic problem in the style caused by height differences in the Westerners, or if there is a reason...? The sifu doesn't seem to stick his chin out...

What's the meaning of the last drill in the walking sequences when the appear to be slapping their forearms?
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Re: Very nice!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mat
    The sifu doesn't seem to stick his chin out...

As I understand it, the shoulders should be forward and the back rounded, to create internal structure. It's easy to let the chin stick out when you do this, but it's not safe, and I'm pretty sure it's not correct. Watch sifu.

Angry take II

i gotz to wise up a bit, im in the middle of lowering the bitrate so that the files will be smaller to d/l. check back in an hour or so, ill just be re-encoding the BIG files ill try to keep most d/l under 10mb from now on, i wasnt thinking clearly before hehe

dan
    i have adsl and those file sizes are fine for me
    vts
    [disclaimer- i am about to be rude, antagonistic & terribly offensive- but i love ya's all]

Wink lucky

well, i couldnt stop myself, i went and re-did all the public downloads, totals dropped from 90+mb to 40+mb. i cant notice a difference in quality - probably because we havent started using the digital camera yet! heh so all the vidz that are up came from dirty original sources. bah, until the day we co-locate our own server and lose the file quota restriction! if that day ever comes, ill make sure theres a high-qual and low-qual for the adsl users out there

Lightbulb reminder?

Anyone can sumbit a video clip they know of in the download section, for an example check out the YKM in video category, would be the only MA film clip database i know of, so why dont you post something already?
    Last edited by Dan; 08-04-2002 at 05:07 PM.

Wink Dan

Just for the record its YKM not YMK! you seem to do that all the time but thanks for adding us to your site.

garry

YKM link

Why does the Wah Nam website have a link to the YKM website? Do you want to have an association with such a bunch of pussies!!

Smile Daniel Son

Because it makes you guys get hits on your site!lol

Who loves you?

FT

Ngor Mei

I guess it's true what they say...You are what you eat. Yeah we're pus$ies alright, but that would make you a D!CK. Go suck on a fat one, D!CK.

Buby