Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bak Hok Pai

diego Guest

also im going to order that book asap

do you have any keywords i did a quick 2minute search on altavista,typed in sifu steve richards and chan-fat-fu and got to many sifu names..

can you think of related links,they must have students who built thier own private pages.

dunbarj01 Guest
    Hi Friday,

Just curious - I don't know Sifu Peter Kuo personally. I remember watching him and his students in Chinatown performing Lion Dancing. It was quite entertaining. At one point they were dancing out the front of an Omiyage shop and he convinced the shop keeper (a Chinese woman in her 30's)to let them use a Ming-dynasty style vase (about 2-3 feet high) to grab the red packet. It was quite amusing to watch when the lions head jumped onto the vase the woman nearly freaked out. She looked pretty relieved when they finished. :D

Cheers

diego Guest

ya barefoot that tech

the left mantis stance is r toe up.

have you heard the name alexander"kaido"pollintain
    he started teaching the art in 72??
    died about 15 years later.
    i wonder if its the same method?

Gum Gong Guest

Su Ko Ming Jong Shr

Hi guys,
    I practice T.White Crane And Hop Gar.Hey Kong Zi Wu do you guys ever practice Tin Sin Choi Yam drill with in/out steps?I been doing some intensive training in Hop Gar and would like to talk with you.My teacher got his Hop Gar from GM Ku Chi Wai a couple of years ago so it's the same stuff your doing.I know all the drills and have been shown all of the kuens but one,so we could have a good sharing session.

Friday,I too spent a lot of time training every day,but only for 2 hours a day,and that seemed to work well for me.I never got injured but I guess it's because I was lucky.I think the trick is listening to your body.If you start to train and you just can't get warmed up no matter what you do you had better have a light training session or else your setting yourself up for a sprain or a pulled muscle.

We cling to our own point of view, as though everything depended on it. Yet
    our opinions have no permanence; like autumn and winter, they gradually pass
    away.

diego Guest

ONE THING that would be good

is if those willing could share the gist of thier fighting methods,based on the old lions roar principle sayings.....wich i dont know.

i would be willing to take the most signifying aspects of my techniques and post online....

i mean its know big deal its just text, i feel it would create continuos historical discussion;
    wich we all can agree its hard to find open info on lions roar'related.

so i'l start with a basic i notice the major method in my style is to evade/stun-set off balance and knock-out....like the tech i described in my other post..a simple variation of that would be to sidestep to your left and r outward grab and r sidekick to shin or knee--r steps into opp in a r horse and l presses shoulder and r 2bigknuckles to temple. we use that alot the drop into horse and smother shoulder and temple or back of head shot.

maybe we could share competition training,relatable endurance conditioning drills etc,all to build further discourse in this forum..get all the tibets out the woodwork.

although as of now im teacherless until i can get to montreal,i have a good idea of the fighting strategie. for the hop frame

Barefoot Mantis Guest

Re style

Hi diego,

Which style friend? The one you mention no.. the combined Hop-Mantis yep, train it with my Si-Fu and brothers.

Very interested to hear more from you.

Barefoot Mantis Guest

Steve Richards

Hey diego!

Go to mantis.org.uk and link up to books, it's reviewed there. Also, the UK martial arts magazine COMBAT reviewed it in November 2000. It's on Amazon (UK) too, with a review.
    mantis.org.uk has info on Steve Richards and his Tong-Long lineage. You can try the UK 'Iron Ox' mantis site too, that has info on Si-Fu Richards.

Si-Fu Richards teaches both styles together, but also as separate teachings.

Ego_Extrodinaire Guest

Training whitre crane

how could you guys train for hours each day. Don't you get bored doing Jins and the other basic punches. The style is meant to be repeatitive for southerners who were mainly farmers and peasants.

Maximus Maximize!
    ego_maximus@hotmail.com

diego Guest

WHAT STYLE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

were speakn on tibetan arts and most the arts when i look at what i learnt would have been used by bodygaurds......thats a good post

any of you guys have info on the lama bodygaurds
    i red they were in range of over 6 feet tall in general they would shave half thier head and let the other side pony tail,i think they were like a class in tibet society...probably almost similar to a pirate/samurai

any idea's

EGO WATCH OUT YOUS'E BOUT TO GET BANNED....

diego Guest

yeah they also dyed the shaved side red

and were heavy drinkers??? with knives stashed all throughout thier sash.

Ego_Extrodinaire Guest

Lama Bodyguard

Diego,

Lama bodyguards are ancestors of the Dali Lama. They are generally hired by those who can't afford to hire Northern Stylist body guards.

Lama body guards are also very fierce and would be the first to venture into the dark alley with arms swinging. Their war cry consit of Jin! Pow! Chow! which they repeat over their life time of repetitive traning.

Maximus Maximize!
    ego_maximus@hotmail.com

diego Guest

freakin ego making me forget my purpose

hey barefoot i couldnt find any pictures but the book asap,hehe

i was watching home video of the main guy of my style and the second and first form i remarked heavily reminds me of the pheonix eye book of the hakka uno the book i cant remember the title its new uno..

ya like when we learn its very low stance
    """do you know kajukenbo,or any idea!!""
    from the kaju it makes the hopga attitude put into the midrange from the kaju,wich is original kenpo hawaii ghettoe fighting big american service men & samoans---so its very much the attitude of a hunga/bak mei from what i can see.....;all in the mid range""ive been up all night""
    so we learn the stances low always in form,
    but in midrange we sit in horse and do 2-3 single hand rolling techniques,sometimes if u hammer the groin before dragon claw to face both from the lead hand you can rear palm or flick the face.INBETWEEN EACH SEGMENT'BUT U ALOT WE DO MOMENTUM SNAP/FLOWS'LIKE SPEAR THE ARMPIT THEN RIDGE STRIKE SIDE OF HEAD THEN ROLL BACKFIST TO GRILL ALL WITH SLIGHT SHUFFLE STEP,ETC......"""NICE LITTLE CODES SPECIALLY TAILOR MADE FOR EGO'S ILK//HEHE"""

IN THE VIDEO HES WEAARING 70S JEANS AND COWBOY BOOTS WITH A LEATHER JACKET AND THE SECOND set is 8 sections of 8 attackers from each flank and infront all above you....doesnt really get into the pakua steps until the 7th set...

so hes all upright in a light horse! it reminded me off hakka...

but im sure thier differant because he was raised in the phillippines and mastered those particular famous methods so thier is alot of slight angulation on the inside game

hope this makes sence i'm off to sleep

EGO FORREALL U GONNA GET BANNED
    WE BE HAVING CONFERANCES ON YOUR INADEQUECY....

2 MORE VOTES YA OUTIE CAPEESH!!!!!!?.,
    S

Ego_Extrodinaire Guest

Purpose

Diego

"freakin ego making me forget my purpose"

Your purpose in life is to provide me with amusement. I have a hamster who does just that. You'll probably get on well with it.

What's this voting thing your talking about. Can I vote? I'm also a member.

Maximus Maximize!
    ego_maximus@hotmail.com

diego Guest

YA HAHA BLABH

KISSES

Ego_Extrodinaire Guest
    yes deep down i know you love me.

Maximus Maximize!
    ego_maximus@hotmail.com