Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A challenge to Shyun

Originally posted by Stacey
    There is also another in SD and another in Iowa that kicked ass in local bar cage events and was approached by a promoter to go pro. He told the guy to shove his contract up his ass because it was pure exploitation...he went to college instead.
    bahahahahahahahaha bahahaha ha ha hahahhahaha hahahaha bahahahhaha you should take this stuff on tour babbahahahhaha!
    "Yeah baby of course it real, it's all me all 12 inches of Grogan!"
    "No baby that's not a Handy Cam mounted to the ceiling, that's my new fangled smoke detector".

Exclamation

Originally posted by Stacey
    Paul Lin is full of sh*t

he claimed that he would fight Master Shyun and that Shyun was hiding from him. Even when given his address he wouldn't go to back up his claims.

Everyone is invincible from the sidelines.

BTW...what kung fu styles have won in NHB tournaments?

Oh yeah 8 Step Praying Mantis a la Grandmaster James Shyun's students.

How exactly does he overcharge? What does Yang JWang Ming charge for forms? How about Su Yu Tsang and Adam Su? How about others? Its very comparable...and if its more, its worth it.

For those of you who say its a scam, have the balls to back it up with your forms and 2nd rate kickboxing. We don't fall into the kickboxing trap because we know what were doing......think you know better?

Back it up with your fists.
    Just for your note, I have recieved a message form my friend/kung fu bro. I wondered how Mr. Joel Sutton would say about this.
    [Hi Paul,

I know and am friends with Joel Sutton (the one who fought in UFC-Shyun's old
    student)...I trained with him when we both belonged to Shyun's group. He left
    Shyun's federation before I did. Joel had to sign an agreement to give all
    money he makes from the UFC fights.

Shyun had him make a tape on the ground fighting techniques Joel learned
    while training with other UFC fighters. The tape was made with techniques
    divided into 8's...8 arm locks, 8 take down's, etc. Shyun showed this tape at
    a shifu camp he held in a branch school at West Palm Beach, FL claiming these
    were secret 8 Step techniques he showed to Joel before he left the
    Federation. I have a copy of this tape, Joel gave me before I even went to
    that camp.

When Joel left, Shyun and his students bad-mouthed him saying Joel stoled the
    secret ground techniques and took off. They would say that is reason why
    Shyun won't teach you everything until he know's he can trust you. Whenever
    anyone leaves, they make up stories to discredit you so the other students
    aren't wondering why you left.

Hope this info helps,
    George]

I have also posted one like this in the Northern Mantis forum, but it was erased. No wondered.

As of this afternoon, I have found my post in Northern Mantis forum again.

I would also add this to Stacey's challenge, just in response of where he has posted:

If you, Stacey, don't mind to hook it up, I am interesting in an open public tournament only with Shyun, since I have got an issue with him(that is Shyun has to response and announce it in the public, dare he not). And I have no issue with others so far. If he really think he is the real one, and knows many "never-heard-of-materials-that-better-than-the-traditional" why not prove it?

Tell you one more thing. In 8-step mantis, more doesn't not mean better. In fact, more means unwise. Do you even know what the main body of 8-step form--Zhai-Yao-- means? It means the condensed forms of the only importances. Go research more and then think about it. I could have creates 10 times more better quality forms then Shyun form what I know. But more don't mean better, it means the opposite. It means the one who favorite more don't really understand the most important things.

There are many other mantis styles out there. They have their forms and techniques links to the 8-step. You can trace them like relatives lines. The extra stuff forms Shyun, could they be traced? Or they have nothing to do with other style of mantis? Or they have to claim under Shuai Chaio? Even without the proper foundation support of the Shuai Chaio moves?

Don't think any one would be fallen for this. I certainly won’t buy it. Especially I known Shyun's past. When you have lived 5 min. walking distance form him, you sure know his family well.

If you really want to see the backing up with fist, I would love to see that more than you, but you are not making it openly and formally, that is not worthy to play a private game like you can come up with.
    Last edited by PaulLin; 08-19-2002 at 01:46 PM.

Thumbs down

It took too long for some simple answers which should have been known before I even asked.
    Last edited by PaulLin; 08-22-2002 at 02:12 AM.

Thumbs up

Checkmate.

Nice job, PaulLin.

Talking

Originally posted by HuangKaiVun
    Checkmate.

Nice job, PaulLin.
    Thanks, but I am really terrible with chess

Paul Lin, I think it would not be fair of you to refuse to teach someone who had studied Master Shyun's system. What if someone who studied his style saw the light, realized that his style was not the real deal, and then came to study your style?Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Sifu George Lisjack study Master Shyun's style for quite some time before he studied with you? You do not seem to have any problem with teaching him your style. It is very hard for the average joe off of the street to know for sure who is legit and who is not. I am not sure who teaches the real eight step style, mind you, I am just giving you the benefit of the doubt here. It seems to me that both versions of eight step have been taught for quite some time, which makes it hard to decide who is teaching the real deal. Peace.

Originally posted by phantom
    Paul Lin, I think it would not be fair of you to refuse to teach someone who had studied Master Shyun's system. What if someone who studied his style saw the light, realized that his style was not the real deal, and then came to study your style?Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Sifu George Lisjack study Master Shyun's style for quite some time before he studied with you? You do not seem to have any problem with teaching him your style. It is very hard for the average joe off of the street to know for sure who is legit and who is not. I am not sure who teaches the real eight step style, mind you, I am just giving you the benefit of the doubt here. It seems to me that both versions of eight step have been taught for quite some time, which makes it hard to decide who is teaching the real deal. Peace.
    Both styles has been taught for quite some time.......hum....But we never change our forms, while Shyun's forms has been changed many times when he found out his old invention is not good enough.

I don't know who give you the idea that I refuse to teach any one who learned form Shyun before, I certainly never say such. Where the hack did you got that impression? I will only see each person as individual cases. Their past is only part of consideration, not the main determination. George now is study with Sifu Ilya now since he can't be here in CA with us.

One basic way I can tell you, and every one who read me, how to tell who are real who are fake. You must first have good Qi yourself to do this. By practicing Zhan Zhong (standing Qi kung), until you can feel your Qi process cycle (how your energy turn into matters and matters turn into energy), don't have to match exactly the nature's cycle, just good enough to relate to it. The use the same relating to relate to the person you want to find out if he/she has good CMA. The Qi will tell you how the person is. That technique has never fail me, and I am happy to share it.

It will be very hard for an average Joe to see the true face of the fakes. That is why I am thinking that the shifu should provide a background check, many fake people has their records in some where that tells you if they have fraud history. Just like how bank decided who they will lend/loan money to.

Post Re: xdfg

Originally posted by Le nOObi
    Does anyone have any information on the " International Full Contact Martial Arts Championships" That shyun competed and won in?
    I will bet you that no one can come up with any tracible info. on Shyun.
    Last edited by PaulLin; 08-27-2002 at 11:47 AM.

Originally posted by Maboroshi
    this is a total ego trip, which I cant really blame anyone for, but it is counterproductive nonetheless...
    Don't mistaking exporing the truth with ego trip. This is the advantage of modern technology can do with communication, put all things under the sun light, no hidden games or mysteries.