Thread: pregnancy

pregnancy

My partner is trying to get her stomouch back into shape after having twins. She got back to shape pretty quick after our first but she is finding it hard this time - obviously with twins she got pretty big.

Has anyone got any experience of this - personal or second hand. She is running for 30 minutes (about 3 and a half miles) twice a week and she does some stomouch exercises three times a week which are:

- lies on floor and raises her head and shoulders a few inches, repeats until fatigued
    - holds press up/push up position only with weight on elbows instead of hands for 20 seconds - repeats twice.

Is it possible that the pregnancy has stretched/damaged the muscles in some way or is it just a case of hard work ?

After 2 pregnancies, one of which was carrying twins, she's going to have some after-effects.

Pregnancy changes the body significantly. Some of those changes will be semi-permenent. These include, but are not limited to, stretching of the pelvis, stretching of various internal connective tissues, etc.

Good excercise routines will help her get the stomach flatter, but after 3 kids, she will not likely go back to having a perfectly flat abdomen again.

She might want to consider adding some yoga postures which concentrate on pulling the stomach muscles in and up.

Also, leg raises and leg rotations will help the lower stomach muscles.

She should be carefull to avoid any excercises that stengthen one part of the stomach by buldging out another part ...
    Last edited by Kope; 08-07-2002 at 07:00 AM.

Is she still nursing?

A woman's body is still in transition until nursing stops.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

. .. waits for iron fist to decide weather or not to tear kopes post apart.
    where's my beer?

my girlfriend got back in shape with lots of walking and lots of time. she only had one kid, but it still took her about a year to get her stomach flat again. the thing to remember is to be patient and always tell her how fat she looks.
    where's my beer?

lol at GDA...

I've been trying that with my girlfriend for months now and she still won't take a hint. I guess I need to start being more specific.
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

My partner's breast-feeding at the moment and is going to post-natal exercise classes. She's losing a bit of weight as it is, but anecedotal opinion is that a lot of weight is lost once breast-feeding ceases.

The medical advice is not to do to much exercise as milk-production can dry-up.

i also heard that it will also taste like sh it from all the lactic acid and the baby might stop nursing.
    where's my beer?