Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Park's Pakua

Hybrid View

Park's Pakua

This is for any of parks student's
    where is the stele that Lu Shui tien and park are mentioned, located in the Tomb? and, is it the 5th stele to be erected?

Maoshan

Not sure exactly where it is off the top of my head, but it's at Dong Hai Chung's burial site in China. I'm sure if you just send an e-mail to the school, they will respond. Not much is really made about that in class. I would have never known if I didn't get his book.

According to Park's Website

As a testament to his authenticity, Park Bok-Nam's name appears on a stele that was erected at the burial site of Dong Hai-Chuan* in China (see picture at right), formally documenting him as a true sixth generation lineage disciple. We are aware of no other Pa Kua practitioner in the U.S. that has this distinction.
    The picture on the page shows the stele on a stone outside the tomb. I presume it is in the present location as opposed to the original.

*disclaimer: I know you know I am not one of Parks students.
    Last edited by count; 08-08-2002 at 07:45 AM.
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM

Yo, I was at Dong's Tomb area this year, And I didn't see any stele that Lu Shui tien and park are mentioned. I have taking many pictures of many of the Pa Kua Zhang masters tomb stone that were there.

And park So Called tomb stone was no where to be find in Dong's tomb stone area.

Yo Maoshan You know I'm the Ba Gua Zhang FBI...LOL When I get time I'll put the pictures up on my web site of Dong's Tomb site as it is today, and you see for yourself there is no Park Tomb Stone in any part of the area. Most of the people in dong's tomb area are mostly Liang Zhen Pu and Li Zi Ming people (students) that have tomb stones.

Yo, Here one for you, Yin Fu don't even have a tomb stone in Dong's Tomb area.

Mostly there are Cheng Ba Gua practitioners and Li Zi Ming people that are mentioned. There are few Yin Style practitioners mentioned.

blacktaoist,

The link I gave above shows the stone right next to Dong's tomb. If you open the picture in another window, it is larger so you can actually read it. It clearly says Park's name. Are you saying that the pictures on the site are fake?

Many names were added later because people gave money to help move the tomb. I can't believe Yin Fu would not be there since he spent more time with Dong than anyone else. I guess it's all about money.
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM

The link I gave above shows the stone right next to Dong's tomb. If you open the picture in another window, it is larger so you can actually read it. It clearly says Park's name. Are you saying that the pictures on the site are fake?
    [/QUOTE]

Yo Count Like I said I was in Dong's tomb area This year, and park so called tomb stone WAS NOT THERE!!!! NO WHERE TO BE FIND!!!! like I said when I get time I put the pictures up of dong's tomb area as it is today on my web site, that way you can see for yourself. Copy -paste work is what I think.

I can't believe Yin Fu would not be there since he spent more time with Dong than anyone else. I guess it's all about money.
    BELIEVE IT! because what I said his true, Yin Fu don't have a Tomb stone in Dong's tomb area.

Yo Count I just look at all my picture's Of Dong's Tomb site, It seems that park' do have a tomb stone there at Dong's Tomb site. Park tomb stone is behind Li Zi Ming tomb stone. in a area where people that have donated money for the restoration of Tung's tomb or just paid money for their stone stele at dong's burial site. They even have a japanese Ba Gua practitioner stone stele. Count any one that have money and can pay two hundred thousand Yang, Can put a stone stele at Dong's burial site, even you or myself if we have that kind of money.

The link I gave above shows the stone right next to Dong's tomb.
    Count picture of Park's stone is next to the tomb tower, not dong's tomb which is way in tne front. The tomb tower is the back area of dong's tomb site. the area where they put people stone who pay money or donated money. That area have nothing to do with formally documenting him as a true sixth generation lineage disciple of any of Dong's lineage's or Yin Fu's.

Taoist,

You ever stop by Park's group in NY? If so, what do you think?

Blacktaoist

Agreed!

Be sure to let us know when you have posted some pictures of your trip.
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM

You ever stop by Park's group in NY? If so, what do you think?

Ford I never stop by of any of Park's Group's in NY. But I have met many people that studied we him or people that are so called formal disciples of his Ba gua Zhang method.

I have no opinion of Park's fighting skill yet, because I never crosshands with the man. So my only opinion can only be base on the tapes of him I saw. And from what I saw of the footage of his demonstration of Ba Gua Zhang, I don't see why many of his students talk like Park is the God Father of the Ba Gua Zhang world!! I saw nothing ultimate or extraordinary about park performing Ba Gaua On his tapes. Most of the so called Pa Kua drills he was doing on his fundamental Ba Gua tape are common in many other kung fu styles, there is nothing in my opinion remarkable about what park teach.

As for my opinion about his people that studied with him, I never spar any of his top student, But I love to anyday or anytime. The only people I met were a few of Park formal disciples students, and these guys had no skill at all. I never met anyone from Park Ba Gua camp that can fight or utilize Ba Gua zhang in freefighting. Park may be good , But the people from his school in my opinion can't fight, So Ford this is way I have no need to stop by any of Park's groups in New York.

It be a big waste of my time, they have nothing I want to learn from them or even exchange martial art information. These guys don't even know or practice The Ba Gua method of push hands.

So my opinion of Park's method is not a good one. But hey thats just my viewpoint, you may like his way of teaching Ba Gua Zhang.

Count I"ll let you know when I put the Dong Hai tomb site photos up. That way you see that there are new tomb stones at his tomb site, and you see parks stone is way in the back, Hard to see even in real life.

Taoist,

Thanks for the honest reply. Out of curiousity, where do you study?

ford I study with many teachers, But I have three main Yin style Ba Gua Zhang teachers that I'm training with at this time, my first Yin teacher is Chen XiaoPing of queens NY., and the other two is Zhang Lie, and Master Xu shi Xi of beijing China Who I now will train with every other year.

I also train under Li tai Liang in Cheng style Ba Gua Zhang and Sifu roosevelt Gainey in Ba Gua Zhang Nei Gung and combat methods.

But what I practice most is Yin style Ba Gua Zhang.

So you don't like Ba Gua then I take it...

LOL Lads.........Lads......... Ever thought of an Anti-park web site? after all he is satan reborn!!