Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: kicking when entering

Originally posted by Matrix
    When you say that your upper body is "out of range of an attack" do you mean out of range FROM attack or out of range for you to use in an attack? Think about it.
    Besides, why do I need to attack your upper body when I can just take your legs out from under you??

Matrix
    I mean an attack is coming and you lean to avoid it, while kicking. So the opponent already had intent to attack your upper body. Kicks are best when they are unexpected, although I still think they are pretty effective even if they are expected. Heck, punches are best when they are unexpected, that's something I was alluding to earlier.

Read it again....

fa_jing,

I knew what you meant, but I was asking you to think about the other consequences of doing this.

When you are standing sideways on one leg, with your torso leaning back to counterbalance for the leg extension there are consequences to doing this. Someone is going to come inside and knock that post out from under you, or maybe they'll do it from the outside. The results are similar.

In any case, you should do what you feel comfortable doing.

Matrix

sui- I suggest that you continue to make a fool of yourself on the southern forum. Except for your compulsive trolling,you have yet to show much of substance here.You show no real curiosity about wing chun. Your bak mei posing really belongs in the southern forum. Juvenile jibes are not very interesting. Why not try to be more constructive?