Thread: Addiction to ice cream...

Addiction to ice cream...

I'm pretty sure i'm addicted to ice cream, maybe its the cream?
    Last night i was thinking about just ice cream for about an hour until i went out and got some... that can't be a good think.
    I'm in the process of getting milk out of my diet, i'm switching to soy milk instead. I just realized we really dont need milk after infancy. just take a look at every animal on earth! (and no! we are not animals, but we still eat the same things)
    I'm thinking that maybe the ice cream craving is a result from not having milk for a while... hmmm

Mmmmm... Ben & Jerry's Half Baked.

Don't worry dude. The same thing happens to me with Chick-Fil-A. Resistance is futile.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Talking

Whatever you do, don't think about CHERRY GARCIA.
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

Talking

May The Cow be with you!

Are you 100 lbs over weight?
    Is they something signficantly wrong with you health?
    Are you morally opposed to drinking liquied form a quadrapeds mammary glands?
    Do you feel that you are some how not manly or macho?
    Are you repulsed by the flavour of Cherry Garcia?
    Is consumption of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream against your religion?

If they answers to these questions is NO, then I say go for it and have a little ice cream once in a while. (I reccomend Sunday evenings.)

There is no logical reason to deprive your self of that which you truely get joy over. Stop listening to those wackos who want you to feel guilty that you dont follow their diet of seaweed, carob and raw almonds.

You harm no one including your self by consuming NEW YORK SUPER FUDGE CHUNK every once in a while.

Just make sure you consume in moderation, and keep up your daily work out so that it does not go to your waist line.

Peace,

Sin Loi

Yi Beng, Kan Xue

i said i have an addiction because i have been eating ice cream EVERYDAY for over 3weeks now.... almost a pint a day

I get this to.

I think ice cream addiction is normal.

Wheni compeat i run to get into my weight class and it takes me about 3 weeks normaly. In all that time i keep telling my self that my real reward is not winning but is ice cream after my weight no longer matters again.
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

Well, you know what they say, "treat your kids to pack, it'll get 'em off crack!" er, I guess that' doesn't aply here.
    I am nothing.

Ice cream Xu

It sounds like that you could possibly have Spleen Qi Deficiency. Abnormal diets , and from what you've mentioned it is, are a result of a disharmony in the body's need to centre itself inapropriately on one of the five tastes more than getting a good mix of all of them. This constitutes as a symptom an upset in the spleen. Don't worry too much c'os most westerners have a problem with there spleen. By eating too much cold, raw, too sweet and uncooked food in TCM they would recognise that you are harming both your spleen and stomach. By doing this you are causing them to work too much in processing the foods which take more effort to break down and thus result in over exertion and depletion of their basic energy, hence the condition of Spleen Qi Deficiency. Seeing an acupuncturist could help you to a) strengthen the splenn so as to b) help give up the ice cream cravings. Ice cream is nice (well to be honest I hate the stuff but most people like it) and thus in apropriate amounts its relatively ok, however in the frequencis and amoinuts you're talking of its not ok. In those amounts I would expect coldness/weakness in the limbs, loose stools, if the spleen is weak then a propensity for over-thinking and unecessary anxiety/pensiveness, weakness/tiredness especially in the mornings and a slightly swollen tongue.
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith

Nothing a good homemade sorbet won't cure!

Vinegar ice cream

Shanxi shop leaves a sweet taste with its vinegar ice cream
    'Delicious' and 'sweet and sour'
    by Jethro Kang October 15, 2018 in Food

In China, vinegar is a no-brainer addition to everything from noodles to breaded pork cutlets, but a store in northern China is using it to flavor something rather unconventional: ice cream.

A dessert shop in Taiyuan, the provincial capital of Shanxi, has recently created the sweet treat with the sour condiment as the highlight.

The ice cream is made from milk, sorghum, peas, barley, and Lao Chen Cu (老陈醋), a type of aged vinegar the province is famous for.

“We use mature vinegar that has been fermented for three years to five years,” store employee Chen Yichao told Xinhua News Agency.

According to Chen, it took many experiments to make the vinegar ice cream palatable.

“Some people don’t like the flavor,” he said, “but we are catering to those who dare to try new things.”

There seems to be a lot of adventurous eaters: over 200 cones are sold everyday, according to China Global Television Network, and Chen said it accounted for at least 60 percent of their total daily sales. Each vinegar ice cream cone costs ¥10.

In a Weibo video by China News, a lady described the flavor as “delicious” and “sweet and sour.”

Lao Chen vinegar is considered to be one of the four famous vinegars in China. It has a history of over 3,000 years and it’s thought to be the first style of vinegar in the world.

[Photos via CGTN]
    I don't eat ice cream any more for dietary reasons, but I would give this a taste. I love vinegar. I guess it's the Chinese in me.

THREADS
    Addiction to ice cream...
    Chinese food
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart