Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TKD vs. No training MPG see it in its entirety

TKD vs. No training MPG see it in its entirety

Go to defend.net/deluxeforums and go to the JKD forum. Click on Jeet tec's "MOVIE" thread to see the TKD vs. Kid movie. No still pictures this time. You be the judge.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

here's a link right to the movie page, it's 6.22 megs.

http://horizontal.4t.com/0wnag3.html

you can tell without a doubt the TKD guy is a sport fighter. no follow through, he'll kick and back off. the untrained guy....well...you can tell he's untrained hahaha.
    too many **** high kicks. looks like maybe 1 or 2 punches might have been thrown.

thanks for finding and posting this, ryu.
    "heres to you as good as you are
    heres to me as bad as I am.
    But as good as you are,and as
    bad as I am,I'm as good as you are,
    as bad as I am"
    --
    "It's too bad my friend Chad's brother wasn't there, because he totally knows t'ai chi and sh*t."

"street dude" is heading into trouble.

Luck. Let me add that I think "street dude" was trying for a groin shot. I can't tell if TKDBoy was trying not to land them hard or just sux, the sport TKD guys I know tend to land hard.

Well now that "street dude" has established a rep for himself against TKD fighters I can't wait to see his next match.
    Last edited by rogue; 08-09-2002 at 06:13 AM.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

I agree with Rogue that the "street dude" had his little plan as he tried it in the first sequence of the "fight". The TKD guy should have taken notice of it and stop point fighting at the instant.He could have punched him at will but did not and was stepping back after every point attack. The little bast@rd was very lucky to fall into a Mc Dojang!
    Last edited by old jong; 08-09-2002 at 07:35 AM.

Talking

By point-fighting rules the Tae Kwon Dude won.

Point-Karate is the only combat sport I know that you can win by being knocked out.

Badger
    Justice, swift & raw. US Constitutional absolutism, a return to the American Dream based on the 10 Commandments, The Golden Rule, US Constitution & Bill of Rights, zero tolerance for bloodsuckers, criminals and evil.. Peace through superior firepower & tactical might, zero free rides, only the truly needy get jack****, Don't Tread on Me & Remember the Alamo muther****er

Originally posted by Badger
    Point-Karate is the only combat sport I know that you can win by being knocked out.

That reminds me of an old friend of mine when I practiced Choy Li Fut:

"I knock the guy right in the mouth, blood everywhere, and he wins!"

Well, that video proves what I've always said: Never spar with an untrained individual: You'll go easy on him, then he will hit you once, and he'll go out saying that he beat you in a rude fight.

Or, at least, if you're gonna spar with one, made him know that you're not using full power.

He should've used some follow-through..well...maybe they didn't teach him that at his McDOJANG
    "I'm into murders and executions, mostly"

Or, just beat the living $hit out of him.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Beat the poo-poo outta him & say: "You Win!"
    Justice, swift & raw. US Constitutional absolutism, a return to the American Dream based on the 10 Commandments, The Golden Rule, US Constitution & Bill of Rights, zero tolerance for bloodsuckers, criminals and evil.. Peace through superior firepower & tactical might, zero free rides, only the truly needy get jack****, Don't Tread on Me & Remember the Alamo muther****er

A very sad display of fighting skills. That's a TKD black belt, no wonder people make fun of them........

well, that's an unwarranted taekwondo black belt. there are entirely too many of them.
    When you assume, you make an ass out of... pretty much just you, really.

Thumbs down okay now that i have seen it

first of all the street guy who read from a book landed the winning blow,in my opinion. the TKD guy had alot of flash and dash and came in striking and kicking(both very inexperienced)
    but i tip my hat to the street guy for landing the kick to the groin. there it is kids. kicking high is no good unless you have stunned the guy and you wanna finish him off hollywood style.
    we see more technique on the TKD guys side. now all he needs to do is be a little more reserved,,,quit tkd and go take Hsing i classes and he will be a good martial artist one day.

Many respects,,,The Willow Sword
    Last edited by The Willow Sword; 08-09-2002 at 09:31 AM.
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

You get a blackbelt in every Happy Meal at McDojo's.

good point Willow; the tkd kid is actually using techniques he's learned (more than i can say for a lot of MA's in a real fight). give him something real to learn and he'd win the rematch.
    "heres to you as good as you are
    heres to me as bad as I am.
    But as good as you are,and as
    bad as I am,I'm as good as you are,
    as bad as I am"
    --
    "It's too bad my friend Chad's brother wasn't there, because he totally knows t'ai chi and sh*t."

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    Street guy was hiding. Throwing up stuff--was lost. TKDer didn't take it seriously--wasn't trying to do any damage.

TKDer was playing. Streetguy was scared and couldn't lift his leg any higher than groin level. But he was not trying for the groin shot. Merely scared. TKDer knew he could have hurt streetguy and was satisfied and didn't try.

Morals:enough stuff hits the fan you might get hit; don't seperate your thighs unless you mean it.

I don't see Tae Kwon Do techniques as bad. It's more at how one uses what one Knows.
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

in tkd point sparring you can win by knockout