Thread: shaolin throws

shaolin throws

i posted this question a long time ago, but i figure that there's some new people here that might know the answer;

shaolin taught a system of 18 throws based off of shuai chiao, does anyone know what the system was called or have any info on it?
    "heres to you as good as you are
    heres to me as bad as I am.
    But as good as you are,and as
    bad as I am,I'm as good as you are,
    as bad as I am"
    --
    "It's too bad my friend Chad's brother wasn't there, because he totally knows t'ai chi and sh*t."

throws

First I like your quote "as good as you are". I would rather take the dumbest people for my class than the smart ones. Dumb ones you can build from the bottem up, smart ones think they know everything and you got to break them down to build on. As my Instructor says I'm a piece of Sh$t.
    I do know the throws, John Ng had learned them from one of the highest ranked people in the system about 30-40 years ago the original throws not the revised ones that and judo philosopies into them.
    Originally there are 18 arm throws, 18 leg throws they were developed in the temples and brought out by those that left the temples. They began to teach the original throws to students that would not change them. but to the students who would abuse them they only taught a select set of the throws and that is why there is only 18 now. The leg throws will snap an opponents leg as soon as you start throws.
    I will get the original names of the throws for you. The original throws are incorperated our system "Ng Family" good luck in your indivers.
    Sifu: Frank Sexton

thanks for the reply.
    interesting history here.
    if you post the names of the throws, could you do it in english? i don't speak chinese beyond 'nei hao'.
    have you learned these throws?
    as bad as I am"
    --
    "It's too bad my friend Chad's brother wasn't there, because he totally knows t'ai chi and sh*t."

Thumbs up

Throws that snap leg(s),sounds interesting.
    I think Iīll release a throw oriented thread at main forum.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

throws

I have permission from my teacher Grandmaster Dr. Winglock John Ng if I can figure out how toget it to post as an attachment. I will post pictures that take you step by step through one of the throws.

cool!
    as bad as I am"
    --

Excellent!

Sifu Frank
    a Leg breaking throw as taught by "Leg Breaker" Ng.
    That should be great.

If you have probs getting the Attachment to post you can mail It to me and I can post it for you. I'm an IT guy, I do this stuff for a living.

By the way Sifu Marcum has helped me alot with the 5-Animal material. He will coming up to do a workshop at my school sometime soon.

I spoke with Master Pickens and I will begin Regular (Monthly) Training in Sept. or Oct. when this School quarter is over for me.

Daniel Eckart (a work in progress)
    Ng Family Sil Lum