Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: INVITATION to a Bay Area WC picnic

Thumbs up INVITATION to a Bay Area WC picnic

Hello all WC practitioners!

Sifu Ken Chung and Sifu Ben Der's schools are having their annual WC picnic and we would like to invite more people from different WC schools to come and enjoy a day of great BBQ, great fun, meet new friends and if your spirit moves you some WC!

The key here is to have fun. There is no ego and no challenge. If you just want to come and enjoy some great BBQ, GREAT! If you want to come and meet new friends, GREAT! And if you want to come and meet Sifu Ken and Sifu Ben, GREAT!

Info:

Date: 24 Aug 2002
    Time: 10:00am-3:00pm
    Place: Cupertino
    Cost: $10 per adult and $5 per child

If you are interested please contact either myself or John Weiland (imjlshaw@yahoo.com or john_weiland@sbcglobal.net).

JL Shaw

Thumbs up Have fun and good luck

Hello,

How can you post something positive which transcends boundaries of lineage????? Perhaps there is hope for us all yet

I wish you all the best and wish I were closer and able to attend. Of course if you want to fly me out...............................

Peace,

Dave

Re: Have fun and good luck

Originally posted by Sihing73
    Hello,

How can you post something positive which transcends boundaries of lineage????? Perhaps there is hope for us all yet

I wish you all the best and wish I were closer and able to attend. Of course if you want to fly me out...............................

Peace,

Dave
    Hi Dave,

Likely you can hitch a ride with someone from the Minneapolis contingent. How about it guys? Got room for Dave?

Regards,
    John Weiland
    "Et si fellitur de genu pugnat"
    (And if he falls, he fights on his knees)
    ---Motto of the Roman Legionary

"Aim at Heaven and you will get earth 'thrown in': aim at earth
    and you will get neither." --C. S. Lewis

ILL GO...

Reasonable activity for reasonable folks

> How can you post something positive which transcends
    > boundaries of lineage????? Perhaps there is hope for us all yet

LOL, despite an isolated hornblower, all the people from Ken Chung's lineage that I have met and worked out with are wonderful, reasonable people.

Our school plans on sending some people down (though we might bail early because of Kungfu Qigong's free KF demonstration nearby!).

-jk
    JK-
    "Sex on TV doesn't hurt unless you fall off."

Re: Replies

Sihing73,

You would be welcomed any time if you find yourself in this neck of the woods. Just drop me a note first.

Anon,

You too are welcome to come. If you are serious in attending, please send me an email directly. I rarely log on to read messages.

All the best to everyone!

JL

Perhaps another time

Hello,

First of all thanks for making me feel welcome. I know you are really just trying to ambush me

Seriously, since I am hosting my Sifu for a seminar in the Philly area on August 24th, I must beg off. I do not think my sifu would appreciate him coming to the new school and me not being there, of course he might be happy to see less of me

For those in Kens lineage I will be attending another event later which should provide me ample opportunity to partake of the fruits of your lineages generousity. I am sure it will be time well spent.

I wish you all the best and hope to make it out that way one day.

Peace,

Dave

Sihing73 visit to the Bay Area

Hi Sihing73,

You may have misundertood me. I understand the 24 Aug is not a good time for you to be here in the Bay Area. I.e. no transportation and now of course other demands on your time. But the invitation is open to any time you happen to be in the area. I or Ken's lineage is not looking to sucker anyone.

I understand there is someone that purports a fantastical enlightenment, but that is soley a personal journey. It is not guarenteed nor is it part of the ambush plan...

Seriously, you and anyone else who just wants to come and meet us are always welcome. WC is bigger then just us. Besides you might just be able to refute all these cult-ish claims and set the record straight.

All the best!

JL

Re: INVITATION to a Bay Area WC picnic

So far more than 60 folks have committed to attend. We have reserved facilities for up to 80, so it's not too late to decide to RSVP.

John Weiland

Originally posted by imjlshaw

Sifu Ken Chung and Sifu Ben Der's schools are having their annual WC picnic and we would like to invite more people from different WC schools to come and enjoy a day of great BBQ, great fun, meet new friends and if your spirit moves you some WC!

The key here is to have fun. There is no ego and no challenge. If you just want to come and enjoy some great BBQ, GREAT! If you want to come and meet new friends, GREAT! And if you want to come and meet Sifu Ken and Sifu Ben, GREAT!

Info:

If you are interested please contact either myself or John Weiland (imjlshaw@yahoo.com or john_weiland2000@yahoo.com).

JL Shaw
    John Weiland

If you're attending the picnic, bring your kung fu slippers so we can compare the signs of wear and settle this footwork issue.

Originally posted by John Weiland
    So far more than 60 folks have committed to attend. We have reserved facilities for up to 80, so it's not too late to decide to RSVP.

John Weiland

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by imjlshaw

Info:

If you are interested please contact either myself or John Weiland (imjlshaw@yahoo.com or john_weiland2000@yahoo.com).

JL Shaw

John Weiland

Question Slippers?

John, you are such a joker. The picnic place really doesn't have much flat surfaces to use the Kung Fu shoes except the parking lot.

I'd suggest wearing comfortable shoes and T-shirt and shorts if the weather is hot enough.

BTW John, do you know if any of Carl's people are coming? Like r5a?

Later!

JL

imjlshaw, unfortunately I myself will not be attending. It sound slike a good time and I love a bbq. I am hoping to attend the summer camp however in the spring and hope to see most of you there!

HAHAHA

imjlshaw....hope to see most of you there!
    Hmm.... Didn't know I had gained that much weight.

Seriously, guess our picnic will have to do without your enthusiastic report and rely on us less enthusiastic mortals.

See you at camp next year (assuming we have camp next year)!

All the best!

JL
    Last edited by imjlshaw; 08-20-2002 at 12:33 PM.

WHAT?! There better be a camp next year!

I've missed the previous ones and have commited myself to going this year!!!

Meet Me at the Bubbling Well

Originally posted by gnugear
    WHAT?! There better be a camp next year!

I've missed the previous ones and have commited myself to going this year!!!
    Hi Gnu,

Are you volunteering to organize it?

JL,

Isn't there a large flat space over by the "bubbling well?"

Regards,
    John Weiland