Thread: Back aches

Angry Back aches

Why is it that when you injure or pull muscles in your back from training, you are uncomfortable at all moments of the day for however long it takes to heal. ?

Last time I let 220 pound "future bouncer" boy show me his neck crank submission holds...

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

Smile Your ass...

Sorry to hear that you hurt your back Ryu. But imagine if you will an operation to ease the pain of a hemorrhoid the size of a large grape. When that sucker is sliced open you realize just how much you need your ass.

When you sit you use your ass.
    When you stand you use your ass.
    When you walk you use your ass.
    When you sleep on your back you use your ass.
    When you roll over to switch off the light you use your ass.
    When you put something on a shelf you use your ass.
    When you take a dump you use your ass.

If you’re smiling, that’s good. Hope you feel better soon!

Godzilla
    Last edited by Godzilla; 08-12-2002 at 07:30 PM.

You forgot when you think.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Also

When you talk...
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM

Because your spine is complex and stabilized by your back and torso muscles. It's so central, that there really isn't many positions you can be in that don't need some stabilizing of some kind.
    "Freedom is the ability to move in any direction the mind can imagine" -Mestre No

ice ice baby!

Ryu, if you haven't already: ice down that injury. It helps numb the area, reduce the inflamation, and reduces spasms. It's seems a lot less comfy than a heating pad, but I tell you, it's actually just about the best dern thing in the world for a tweaked back.

Hope it helps,

-crumble

Just go down to the local University and find a soccer player to kick you really hard about 25 times right in the shins. The back pain will begin to subside as you concentrate on the newly found pain in your shins.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen