You know, memory is a funny thing, especially mine, and I blame my lapses on too many blows to the head. Many of my memories are martial casualties...

There is only one book - Song Shan Shao Lin Si Bei Ke Shuen - and it is translated into Chinese, Japanese and English. It's big, 170 pages, 15" x 10", a great resource if you study calligraphy, which I do not, so it has been sitting in my library gathering dust for years. That's a shame because it's quite a treasure. It does have a rubbing of the tablet in question I think - I can't read it and I beleive it is incomplete. It's in an old calligraphy and I can't even find Shinmin's signature and am going by the caption.

There were actually two Li Shinmin tablets, one carved in 621 and another in 728. Both bear Li Shimin's signature and tell the same story although the former in Han script, the latter not so. Li Shinmin died in 649 and yet the latter tablet signature is still reputed to be by his hand.

r.(shaolin) - I can xerox the page for you. Contact me privately with a fax # or address.