Thread: Question about hung gar forms

Question about hung gar forms

I recently saw a video of the 5 animals/5 elements form (10 shapes) in hung gar (wing lam was preforming it). Here are my questions...

1) Is there a difference between the 5 animals form and the 5 animals part in the 10 shapes form?

2) The dragon part in the 10 shapes looked very similar to the "Iron thread" form, how much similarity do those share?

thanks ahead of time.
    "God gave you a brain, and it annoys Him greatly when you choose not to use it."

Yes, the beginning part of the 5 animal/5 element form is also found in the "Iron Thread" form. . The form is partly used to prepare students for learning the "Iron Thread" form.

Thanks for your answer. Does anyone know about my first question? Is the 5 animals form the same as the first section of the 10 shapes form, only with the 5 elements added to it? Or is the 5 animals form more detailed in it's approach?
    "God gave you a brain, and it annoys Him greatly when you choose not to use it."

The five animals found in the five animals form is EXACTLY the same as the 5 animals found in the Five Animal/ Five Elements (sup ying kuen) form. The five animals form was developed basically so that foreigners could learn it quickly without having to deal with the elements section (the end is exactly like Fu Hok, so it shouldn't be hard to pick it up since you are expected to know fu hok by that point).

The elements are not a big deal really since they are found in all of the forms (the animals as well). Sup Ying Kuen really presents the Hung system in a syllabus format. So it makes it easy to extract singular concepts (tiger moves and fire moves). So this is one of the good things about the set. Another plus is that it has internal moves that are performed in the dragon section that are not found in iron wire, so this also adds some depth to your overall internal knowledge and understanding.

Question

Are there any examples of the iron thread or taming/conquering the tiger in text or image format? My sifu teaches forms but he uses different names, possibly. Black Tiger form, for example, is what he is teaching me/us now. Are these very advanced forms?

Please forgive my ignorance as I am speaking with very little training.

jables

www.hungga.net has some fun stuff. also www.forumco.com/hungkuennet/ is where all the gar guys hang out.
    "Pride builds walls between people; Humility builds bridges."- R. Warren