Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: internal knife dissarming

internal knife dissarming

As an internal artist how would you disarm someone with a knife?
    Would it matter if it was a domestic knifing, or a "hey give ur money" situation in a alley, and so on.
    Thanks.

__________________________________________________ __
    '' KICK SOME ASSSSSSSSSSS AND MAKE EM BLEED LIKE PIGS"
    " GET HIT IN THE HEAD, HARD, TELL YOU LIKE IT"

Well, it's pretty simple.

Guy comes at you with a knife. He sticks you in the gut with it, and lets go.

You have now "internally" disarmed the knifewielder.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Talking lol

Its stuff like that, that keeps me coming back!

Skard1
    skarbro -- you're in, brother. your sole responsibility -- mock temple kung fu. -rubthebuddha

Its not what goes in a man that defile's him, its what comes out.

www.torontohiphop.com

Guy comes at you with a knife. He sticks you in the gut with it, and lets go.

You have now "internally" disarmed the knifewielder.

Wakka wakka!
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

Alright there fozzie... maybe you can do better!!!!

:P
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

i was gonna answer this thread, but i really couldn't be bothered.

what do you expect us to say man?
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

But what if the guy sticks the knife into your a.s.s? Wouldn't that be considered internal?
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Copyright 2003 - African Tiger Inc., a Nevada yada yada yada. Any reproduction...oh, to hell with that round kick, my knees are killing me. How about a nice Iron Palm to the nuts, sonny?

Dangit MP, I saw the subject, and you beat me to the gag!
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

Internal Knife Disarming:

Hmm, lets see.

Get the ol' Chi-Ball ready and fired up, send it to engulf the Knife and chi-blast the Knife to it's component molecules.

Does it matter why I get a Knife stuck into me what the Guys motivation or circumstances are.

HECK NO.

Think about it too long and your last thought will be along those lines:
    "Ouch, that hurts, maybe I should have disarmed him before the stuck the thing into me."

Cheers.

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    I hopefully would allow person to commit to the stab or cut. As I can likely withstand a thrust of a knife (moving back to exhaust the thrust energy or use My Breathing to accept the stab). I would allow the thrust or cut (a full commit action), then grab for the hand/wrist. Wrrench to disarm or follow alongto loosen the grip while disarming~. My skin is reddened and sore later but not stabbed through because of My Breathing.

Life and Death things should not be tested. As if Even the best of things can fail. Try such skill or ability ONLY~ when most dire and must to Succeed.

Perhaps some-such some might say, very good whatever whatever.
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Well, I'm pretty new to ma generally, and have never trained a knife disarm, but do study what's generally considered internal, so...

If I can see the knife, I'll concentrate on the hand holding it. Feint with the body, and use the 'off' hand (my left) to attack the limb holding it, hoping the assailant buys my feint. Once control at hand or wrist is achieved, twist the hand so the thumb is pushed toward the elbow - I'm no chinna expert, but this usually causes pain. The knife itself is now about 50%-75% under my control, I would think. Using the flat of the hand against the flat of the knife, exert contrary pressure to the blade (once again, hoping my opponent has more or less forgotten about the empty hand they still have free) to fully break the grip of the assailant, forcing him to drop the weapon. Since he's already committed to an assault with a deadly weapon against me, go ahead and break whatever seems easiest to break from the resulting position.

But, more likely I'd get cut bad. Still, the guy was coming at me with a knife. I'd have been cut bad regardless - at least this way I had a slight chance.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

No Know,

Been watching a lot of Kung Fu Theater or something? What is this "My Breathing" thing in caps, anyway? Is it some kind of proprietary or trademarked method? Anyway, I'll assume you're just having a little fun with us on that last post since what you described is remarkably consistent in its likelihood to get you dead as quickly as possible.

Chang Style Novice,

Excellent post. Not something I personally would try, having faced a bladed encounter more than once, but at least you were posting something serious.

I'm also assuming in this thread that we are talking about being empty handed at the time we are facing the bladed opponent, since it wasn't specified either way. Facing a guy with a blade is a lot like being in a blind alley on foot and facing a guy driving a car and attempting to run over you. Ultimately, it's the MAN you are fighting, not the vehicle, and your tactics should reflect this, but you sure as hell BETTER stay the fock out of the path of the car.

To attempt control of the blade or not to attempt control of the blade? That's the old and ongoing question. IMO, anybody who tells you that the ONLY way to go is this way or that way on the issue is full of it. The crime statistics DO reflect the fact that most encounters where the victim survived the attack involved a controlling of the weapon-bearing limb at some point in the altercation. However, they also reflect the fact that you are more likely to get cut attempting control of the attacker's weapon-bearing limb than if you attacked the attacker more directly. Now, it's obviously better to get cut and survive than to get killed, but what usually doesn't get reported in the stats is that the increased survival rate of those attempting control was only significant in those who FIRST managed to strike a disabling or distracting blow to the attacker before making the attempt to control or disarm the weapon-bearing limb.

What's to be learned from this? The very same thing that has saved my ass more than once in facing a bladed opponent: strike first, fast and hard to a vital target and/or the weapon-bearing limb THEN attempt control of the weapon-bearing limb.

Even with this combination, there are NO guarantees. The same tactic may not work the next time for me if God forbid I should be attacked by a knifer. Going empty hand vs. a blade, even with an untrained assailant, is a horrible focking nightmare that you are not likely to emerged unscathed from. With such a do-or-die situation, each person has to make up their own mind about attempting to control or not.

Remember kids.....always carry your OWN weapon, mmmkay?
    "Bagua can look pretty, especially when you wave your hands around alot and walk really fast and bounce back and forth like a goof." -- Braden

I have a friend in the army and he is gone now to some fort or something. But when he was here we were always wrestling or something. I would just let him take me down with the double leg and then i would pull guard. I could armbar him easily and lots of times take his back or triangle him.

He would get real mad when i let go of a choke because he WANTED me to put him unconcious. He got really mad and took off a chain necklace around his neck when i had him in guard. He tried to hit my face with it. I was able to pull him forward with my legs and tie him up. I got his arm in that arm wrap thing where you his arm is around his neck and you hold his wrist. Then i swept him with sort of a flower sweep and ended up on top with a triagnle around his body that was crushing his ribs. Then he siad he gave up.

He is a nut case. Then he was complaining about a headache and i told him he should tap out when i'm choking him or he can get brain damage.

This was not a knife or anything but that chain was kinda scary. i think tying up their arms somehow might work but if they are already far away that might be impossible.

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    Chris McKinley,

.....My Breathing, I don't think I could call it a Kung-Fu and hopefully it's not qigong. It's a reference to things I do. There is constantcy, therefore the capitals.

Absorbing a thrust based attack by moving with it (same speed or slightly slower (to get closer to the attack limb when empty of primary attack, might not be something likely to get the user killed who does it appropriately at that moment.~
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

I think no_know is chinese so he doesn't speak very good english. I think what he was trying to say was that he wanted them to swing full power and over-extend thier arm and make it easier for him to put them off balance when he catches their wrist. Rather than having them do little quick slices and fakes where it would be impossible to ever get control of their arm. If they swing wildly it might be easier to gain control of their arm. One big swing that you can see rather than 10 little quick slices and stabs.