Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anybody nearby?

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    September the first (in two weeks) at this Virginia place sounds good-ish. Six dollars, a vehicle, directions that make sense to me, leaving Frederick by 9 30 a.m. and no thing major enough to come-up I should, could be there then.

I would shoot~ for the first of September at Y's. in Alexandria, VA.

Ralek, you can get there on your own? Thought was to get you from Frederick that Sunday morning and go. I leave so early from Frederick (9 30a.m.) because it's far to me and unfamiliar. It's for taking-the-wrong-exit-time or missed-the-school-time or there-are- no-more-numbers-on-the-buildings-time or it-should-be-down-that-street-Oh,-no,-it-was-probablly-that-road-two-lights-back-time.

I'd have to see apoweyn another time if their planning or some other aspect of his Life is happening that day :-) By the by(e), much the best, on that to you. :~>
    Last edited by No_Know; 08-19-2002 at 05:06 PM.
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Good no_know!!!! There is a good chance i will be free on that entire weekend. But let's try to find a day that merry prankster can also come.

So it will be Me, no_know, merryprankster, and apoweyn.

That's only 1 kung fu guy. Are there any more kung fu people who want to come to the BJJ school?

I am really interested in the cultural traditions of the chinese and the captivating kung fu styles they created. I wish there could be more kung fu people to come along.

What style of kung fu do you do know_no?

If the yamasaki school is not good for any of you that's fine. Anywhere is fine for me. But i want to go somewhere indoors to avoid police so the yamasaki school sounds good. No stupid people calling the cops.

LEGEND is coming too.

Any more maryland kung fu people want to come to the BJJ school???

Mysteri. You should come to the BJJ school also. We can all be there. Or if you kung fu guys have a problem with the BJJ school we can meet at a kung fu school. It doesn't matter. But it needs to be indoors. But outdoors would work too.

We NEED some more kung fu people. 1 kung fu person is just not enough to go around. I really need you Mysteri. You are in the general area.

Any more kung fu people around maryland, south PA, virginia, westvirgina, anywhere reasonably close. There are way too many BJJ guys and only 1 kung fu person.

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

Blog Entries

Does no Gi indicate, no T-shirt too?

Kung-Fu forms are designed with multiple opponents in mind. So (needle and thread), one at a time or all at once should be fine for me. :-)

What Kung-Fu do I do? I don't have permission to demonstrate any Kung-Fu. Nor do I claim Any Kung-Fu to represent.~

Whatever I comprehend or come-up-with to be appropriate at the moment (each moment) is close to what I do--I Breathe.

Shao-lin five animal forms, Hung gar Tiger/Crane, Hung Family Five Animal Pattern, Sevenstar Praying Mantis, Chuka Shaolin, Chin-Na, Drunken(s), Eight-Diagram boxing, Yang style 24 T'ai Chi Ch'uan and Ying Jow P'ai...are fighting kung-Fus I've heard or read about but that's about it.

I picked-up something about kicking from a University weekly class that, at which I infrequently watched.

May we wear a T-shirt? Are shorts or slacks or pants acceptable for whatever would go on at this Yamasaki training place (Olympus Raquet and Fitness)?

Get me some contact information Ralek if you accept traveling in a vehicle with me getting you to go to meet everyone~by noon-ish that Sunday.~

I might have something come-up on that Sunday (September the first 2002) morning. For me to let you know, get me a telephone number at which to reach you then.
    Last edited by No_Know; 08-19-2002 at 10:48 PM.
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Yes you can wear a T-shirt. You can wear shorts or pants.

Yes we could car-pool. But wait till merryprankster and all them know what is going on becuase they still havn't all said what day they can make it.

know_no. Do you want to spar full contact?

Blog Entries
    I would participate in a full contact thingie but likely won't spar full. I don't want to hurt anyone~. If someone gets hurt it should be me. People seem to have goals and timelines and getting hurt can affect that for them.Hopefully I would be able to manage well enough regardless.

I think that each pair decide how they want to do. I basically relevantly don't have anything I want to study or learn, so (needle-and-thread), I would work with everyone on what they are looking for. Sparring full contact if that's what you are looking for...from me (I suspect you see me merely as a Kung-Fu type guy--a chance in your mind to prove to you something relevant to Kung-Fu not as good as they say or to indicate what you do as good)

I see your reversal of No_Know to know_no as disrespectful or possiblely playful or taunting. Just thought I'd share. Very good
    Last edited by No_Know; 08-20-2002 at 05:59 AM.

OK, just found out that we're not getting the applications which we had orginally been assigned, because of a legal issue. Our consulting firm is now owned by a French-based company, and the work was for a contract with the government, giving us access to some government data. I imagine that our French overlords would definitely have us spying in no time, even though we're all U.S. citizens. That means no more Virginia trips, except for the outside chance that we get another app from that area- Dallas or Kansas city would be more likely. Sigh. It may be for the best, anyway. Well, one day I'll have to make it down there to meet you all.

Legend - I did 6 months of Cheung-style. He made that style up out of existing Yip Man wing chun, rearranging the sets and movements. But it is basically the same. Now I study Yip Man style as well as some JKD, for almost three 3 years more. I think the Chueng entry technique is fine, it is basically one option out of a few. But it works best if your opponent is not prepared, as do all techniques. Nowadays, I like to enter with a front kick, or simply take two quick short steps in and punch - low or high. The time that I enter with a raised knee is when I see that my opponent is going to try to stay back and kick me. Of course in the context of sportfighting, which is my emphasis now, you can't just rely on one move, your opponent will catch on and think of a defense.

I am moving that weekend. Sorry.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Blog Entries
    Take 'em as they come. Shooting for the 8th.

Ralek- in terms of the butt scooter: What if I throw things at you? Will you catch them all?

FAJING...yah bro...no biggie...I only trained in WILLIAM CHEUNG cult for about 6 months also...nor did I buy his story of him being the HEIR to WING CHUN...and he got exposed big time by EMIN. Anywayz...sorry u can't make it...u're entry seems similar to what I've been trying to do...a kick fake groin kick and straight blast( boxing wise not chain punching ). Facinating. Guys...not to many peeps can show up at the GYM...this is unofficial BJJ no gi training...Neto who is the resident BB at YAMASAKI will charge u $15 a cover if he finds out. So not too many peeps please! If u guys want to do FULL CONTACT stuff then I recommend at CARL RUNK's karate skool on a SAT.
    A

Just let me know whass up...cause Ralek seems to want to spar only CMA guys...if that's the case I can have a standup session set up at carl runk's and u guys can play there! If it's a grappling session then it's at the GYM...yes...just wear t shirt and shorts.
    A

Whoa! I didn't read it was Yamasaki... I'd better sit this one out.

I will just chalk it up to politics and leave it at that. I would be more comfortable not going. Yamasaki and Neto both know who I am (nice guys, no problems with them or any of the Yamasaki team.)
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli