Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SPM, Bak Mei, Bok Hok, Wing Chun & Dragon style Parallels.

FT:
    I have heard that name before from Man Kwong Fong. I have also heard from alot of schools a form called Sek See Sup Ji Keun. Like I said, we say Siu Sek See is Siu Sup Ji, and Daai Sek See is Daai Sup Ji, as they are both Cross Pattern forms. Perhaps I am wrong that it is from Lam Sek, just what I was told. But I dont know why that is upsetting, what does it matter where the name came from.
    And yeah, Ying Jau is the same as Kau La. In all the forms there is Diu Taai Kau La movement.

Fire Hawk:
    Sou Hut Yee was one of the 10 tigers of canton. He was a Beggar's Stylist and famous for his Drunken Boxing. Lam Sek learned from his line and thats where Jeui Hut Yee Keun (Drunken Beggars Fist) came into Bak Mei. The HK or Vietnam branch also has this form but they changed the name, I dont remember to what.

EAZ:
    There are quite a few uppward movements in Man Foo Ha San and Haak Foo Keun, usually an upward tiger claw used for raising the opponents elbow, or to his face, or whatever. There are a few sets of three tiger claw movements but none are uppward (in my lineage).

Bolt:
    I was never in touch with many of the FutShan Bak Mei guys. They came to our meetings but I didnt talk with them much. Do you guys follow the same history story that Eddie Chong does? The story that has a different founder of Bak Mei and didnt come from CLC.

Im just speaking for my line guys. This is what I have learned and have been told, I dont necessarily believe it to be more right than others information so please dont jump on me eh.

Kei Lun

Tam Cong

Originally posted by kei lun
    FT:
    Fire Hawk:
    Sou Hut Yee was one of the 10 tigers of canton. He was a Beggar's Stylist and famous for his Drunken Boxing. Lam Sek learned from his line and thats where Jeui Hut Yee Keun (Drunken Beggars Fist) came into Bak Mei. The HK or Vietnam branch also has this form but they changed the name, I dont remember to what.

EAZ:
    There are quite a few uppward movements in Man Foo Ha San and Haak Foo Keun, usually an upward tiger claw used for raising the opponents elbow, or to his face, or whatever. There are a few sets of three tiger claw movements but none are uppward (in my lineage).
    Don't know about this form in our Vietnamese lineage, maybe we practice it but I don't recongnise it it. Can you describe it a bit? Is it related to beggar movement in Serk Si or in 3 gates form?

MFHS: this is the way we do it (upwards claws). There is a form in Vietnamese lineage called Tam Cong, or 3 attacks that comes before MFHS. It involves a series of three double unward wrist strikes (we call them crane strikes). I seem to remember FT telling me once that this movement could be found in a version of MFHS. I'm trying to find out where this comes from. The movement is done with one hand in many previous forms (a bit like in 9 steps before you shuffle sideways back towards strating position) but never in sequence of 3 double strikes.

If you do not have a movement like this in your Guangdong lineage, do you have a) any forms to learn after MFHS b) in which this movement might appear? (It is NOT in 5 elements form).

Bye,

EAZ

Kei Lun

Who is upset? Im was telling you that i have heard that the original name for sup jee or sek sze be it small or large came from a form called ying jow sup jee Kol la or da. Its definitly not upsetting that its called sek sze or sup jee. LOL

Eaz,
    I have 3 tiger claws as i move forwards and i have 3 that moves backwards that i learnt from guangzhou that finishes the form. any idea's on this Kei Lun?

FT

The Liou Men Pai of arts were composed of many features it was not systematic. Most of the practitioners originated their skills from the Hung Men styles. As a result Shi Zi is also existant in a different variety in Hung Men. Beggar So was a Hung Men practioner as well (as were many other Liou Men Pai practitioners).

Shi Zi Kau Da is often used as its name as it indicates the the approach of many of the applications. This is the name in Hung Men and it is so called because of leaning against actions within the strikes. In Hung Men the movements defend whilst attacking but without moving the incoming strikes rather deflect whilst entering seemingly to lean. Cai Li Fo also has a set of the same name but considerably different in techniques and concepts of course. Recently, I have seen Liu Jian of the guangdong Hung Fist perform the set very similarily to ours, techniques were the same but the speed was different this is possible due to age ...

cheers