Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: any1 have info on original dragon kf

diego Guest

any1 have info on original dragon kf

???

meltdawn Guest
    What kind of information are you looking for? Just want to find out about it, or looking for a teacher?

"Waiting is bad." - Musashi
    www.lungyingjingjung.com

Shaolin Master Guest
    what is the original dragon kf ?

eviljungle Guest

Me too

I actually have a few questions about Southern Dragon. It's a pretty rare style, but one that has caught my fancy.

What is the primary distance range of the style (if there is one).

Is it a style where the internal developes the external, or the other way around?

Am I asking the wrong questions? :confused:

Kevin Barkman Guest

Dragon Style

Hi Diego - always happy to chat about Lung Ying if you have questions...eviljungle - Dragon is considered a mid-range style (leaning towards short).

Cheers - Kevin

meltdawn Guest
    As ******** would say:

"Dude, dragon ROCKS, huh huh... huh huh!"

You won't find too much info out there, but I'm sure a few people on this forum, like Kevin and Mantis 108, will be more than happy to answer any questions.

Like any art that you get serious about, it's difficult to describe lung ying to someone who's not learning it. The style is technical and builds progressively. The system has been held close to the family, so it's principals have remained relatively pure. If you find a master to learn from, you will have a teerrific journey.

www.lungyingjingjung.com

meltdawn Guest
    You guys censored Bevis' buddy's name?!?

www.lungyingjingjung.com

diego Guest

in my style we have a set called dragon dance

init is many strikes from differant feetplays all using the dragon claw"thumb,index&middle fingertips"
    can you guys tell me about the claw hand and fighting stance sayings--like do you guys curve your chest // tounge on pallette sink shoulders etc....stuff like that.

is the system most known to date back to shaolin is that the sane techniques you would find in shaolin 5animal kf--tiger,leo,crane,snake&DRAGON.

meltdawn Guest
    Diego,

No, Lung Ying is not the same as the dragon in Shaolin Five Animals.

diego Guest

whats with chinese kf and dragon posturing

you see in many styles especially family dragon frames..was there like a really famous school and everyone copyied what they could from that method or?????

mantis108 Guest

What's with dragon....

For a starter, dragon is majestic and mysterious.

Lung Ying is, IMHO, conceptual. In other words, it is not an imitation of an imaginary creature, rather it is an inspiration of an imaginary creature. The principles (martial, civil and spiritual) of this art often elevates self cultivation to an extraordinary plateau which infatuates, even intoxicate, the practitioners. Try it, you will fall madly in love with Lung Ying. :)

Mantis108

Contraria Sunt Complementa

Kevin Barkman Guest

Lung Ying Moh Kiew

Hi Mantis108 - you hit the nail right on the head! Very nicely put!

Cheers - kevin

diego Guest

im not talking about the opium aspects of the aura on the lung

in the ching dynasty was there a main school that inspired frames in hungar/hopga/bakmie-----and even pakua and hsingyi???

BIU JI Guest

Lung Ying

Is HAM HUN BAAT BOI an aspect of Lung Ying? I thought the shoulders were rounded like systems such as Bakmei, sth mantis YKM.

mantis108 Guest

Thanks, Kevin

Thanks for the kind words, my friend. :D

Mantis108

Contraria Sunt Complementa