Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ....

Yegor

As for this shaking thing, don`t know brother. Your a Tai Chi guy, who has been taught in China?

yu shan . I think ye gor is looking for your veiw on body fa jin , How do you see it . can you explain your view?

Taken from the kfo glossary "Fa jing (Fa Ging): explosive energy, exert strength. The explosive release of strength or power that was previously stored. Especially emphasized in the martial aspects of Taijiquan, fajing is classified as the use of internal strength to produce a powerful strike, whip, or push."

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/reso...lossary.html#F
    killer kung fu commando streetfighter who has used his devastating fighting system to defeat hordes of attackers in countless combat situations

TTT for those who haven't seen it
    killer kung fu commando streetfighter who has used his devastating fighting system to defeat hordes of attackers in countless combat situations

fa-jing / explanations

Yes, Sifu, I'd like to know what is meant by 'body fa-jing'.
    But I also would very much like to know what fa-jing is in general. 'Explosive force' is nice but what exactly does THAT mean? (I think that 'explosive force' is pretty subjective, where as implementing fa-jing is something quite specific. As in many MA techniques, if you ain't got it just right, then you ain't got it.)

For example, here is a link to a great explanation of 'grounding' or 'finding the path' (http://www.iay.org.uk/internal-strength/ , choose 'Peng Article Index', then the very first link 'Peng and Connection...'). You may think you know what grounding is, but in fact it's something quite specific (at least in Chen), not just a 'feeling of feeling the ground'. If you look at that article, you'll see that it takes more than a few catchy words to really explain it.

I don't expect (but I may be surprised!) such a in-depth explanation of fa-jing on this forum, but I would really like to hear 'what it feels like' or a similar description from those of you who have the technique.

---------------------------------------------

Yu Shan, my Chinese taichi teacher, Li Enjiu, doesn't speak English. I don't speak Chinese. So... In fact, he warned me the very first time I went to China: "you have to learn Chinese to learn taichi from me". At first I blew it off, but now I think he's right. (BTW, his younger kungfu brother, Joseph Chen, lives in Edmonton and speaks perfect English. I went there once, and what an eye opener that was.)

---------------------------------------------

'TTT'... Que cosa? Shto eto? Shenme?

Greetings..

I will try to offer "my" perspective of "Fa Jing".. its not the "only" perspective, and it might not even be "right".......

I personally experience what i believe to be "Fa Jing" by first sinking my energy into my power leg, almost like bouncing it off the ground through the loaded leg/foot.. then, as it rises from the bounce i add the muscle push of the power leg to enhance the bounce.. then, as the wave of energy moves into the waist region the front or empty leg adds steering and a little more power.. the steering is by way of directing the waist motion to spiral the now growing wave of energy up the spine, twisting the wave into the shoulder/chest area.. the shoulder/chest erupts in a horizontal twist that launches a relaxed arm/hand which is "gently" steered by light muscular control to its target.. as each portion of the wave supplies its contribution to the rising energy it "firms up" to support the final expression of energy through the hand/arm.. now, "firms up" is not rigid, it is a transition from "water" to something like rubber, and.. as the energy fills the hand/arm and reaches its maximum expression of speed and force supported by a "firm" frame we get the whipping crack of "Fa Jing", then the whole frame returns to water, absorbing whatever energy may be directed at it and begins sinking for another "bounce" of energy... this all happens very quickly.. unfortunately, the training to get to this point does not..

Just another perspective from the "Far-side".. <bows respectfully>
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Nice tcb. We'er still waiting on a response from yu shan. YS how dose that sound? whats YOUR idea>

Smile

Thanks, TCB.

I see fa-jin as a way of outleting the breaking down force, which that balanced with the condensing force. In Taichi, it would be the relax and sinking. So the one who can execute more relaxed breaking down power, must be able to sink in a very high level. By another words, if one can outlet big energy, then one must also have high condensity of matters stored within.

Another way I can say about it, it is the spit out after the sucking in. More effective(as injuring damages) if the execute time is shorter, the landing area is smaller, and it catches the opponent's momentum.

I also see that slightly yeilding backward stances are better than the even stances in defensive preparation. The double-weighted position, in Taichi, is told to avoid. The reason for that is to keep the hollow and solid separate clearly and moving into eachother smoothely to create changes. If double-weighted, then both legs are equal in the aspects of solid and hollow, then you can't apply changes to your opponent effectively unless you repostion it to one side weighted.
    Last edited by PaulLin; 09-29-2002 at 11:55 PM.