Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Monday after the Party

Women masters

Helen Liang is a noted master and lineage holder. That must be respected. Just because she is a woman does not detract from the respect she is due. To do so dishonors our whole tradition. Would you treat a male master with the same disregard?

As for Helen specifically, almost every guy I know falls under her spell. Kevin and I were just joking about how we could make a fortune running the Helen Liang fan club. She has quite a presence in person. And her videos are some of our top sellers. (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/tclh001.html & http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsma...snakfisem.html) I suppose I'm protective of her honor like I would be of any elder sister.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Angry Amazing

Wow, almost a whole page devoted to revealing how immature some people can be.

Jest is one thing, but isn't martial training about self cultivation? Respect for those who have achieved a greater knowlege of Kungfu.

Personally it's been an honor to work with a master as cultured as Helen Liang, He gender & attractiveness is secondary.

All this other trolling is pretty lame. it just reveals why Martial arts has such a bad rep amongst the general population. Some people need to grow up, learn to relate to people as people... I suspect for some, Kungfu & message boards aren't really gonna help...

Gene Ching,

Thanks again, and yes that 5365 address is fine. Also my email address is: jkeit1701@hotmail.com if you ever need to email me.

Still smiling over the whole event, I had alot of fun.

Take care, and congratulations again!

Joe Keit

I really wish I could get my hands on this snake video...it seems really good (even the art on the box is refined)...unfortunately, with the transcription to PAL/SECAM the cost becomes MAD...
    Do you ever plan on issuing DVDs? They're becoming less and less expensive to burn, even if it might require extra work for the interface...
    Risk 0 doesn't exist.

anyone who cusses abandit is a fucking fucker.
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Thanks Sharky

Gene, if you really feel so strongly about it, then you have my apologies. The comment was made in jest, but if it really offends you that much then I apologise.

And for the record, yes I would joke about whether anyone scored with a male master. It's just that most of them are too old for that joke to be funny.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Hey Joe it's cool that you talked to the GotQi girls but keep your distance from Tammy. I got my eyes set on her aleready.

Hey Gene it's cool I understand what you mean. It's the same when it ocmes to some of my kung fu sisters.
    Last edited by NorthernMantis; 08-29-2002 at 04:04 PM.
    killer kung fu commando streetfighter who has used his devastating fighting system to defeat hordes of attackers in countless combat situations

Originally posted by NorthernMantis
    Hey Joe it's cool that you talked to the GOtQi girls but keep your distance form Tammy. I got mey eyes set on her aleready.

Hey Gene it's cool I understand what you mean. It's the same when it ocmes to some of my kung fu sisters.
    I didn't talk to any got chi girls - were they any good? Ooops - sorry, I didn't mean to be disrespectful to them.

Masters are people too!

You guys have no sense of humour
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.

lol I meant sow choy since his name is Joe also and we're good buds. It's cool though. Hope you didn't take it like an insult.
    killer kung fu commando streetfighter who has used his devastating fighting system to defeat hordes of attackers in countless combat situations

Sorry, my bad.

lol it's cool

Group Hug?

gerroff me
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

The following monday...err... tuesday.

SC: So glad you had a good time at the party. I'll send you that CD as soon as that DJ returns it. I think I have a buddhist chanter lying around here too that I can send you - it's a little black box that repeats that chant. A lot of Chinese buddhist give them away.

CP: We have been experimenting with the DVD format. We do have some VCD format stuff, which we market to our internationals, mostly Chinese. DVD has an expensive start-up cost right now, but that price is coming down so it's getting more do-able for us.

SK: Come on, this is a family show.

JD: I do feel strongly about our sisters and appreciate your apology. We'll have to tear into those male masters someday.

NM: I suppose I shouldn't tell you about Tammy's personal website...

DS: What is it about you and the group hugs? Sharky's right. Stay on your side of the office.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart