Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there any sort of screening process to be a MMA troll?

Exclamation

Choir?

Oooooo! Ooooooo! *waving his hands in thee air* can I be the Fat Viking lady with the Goldilocks braids and the helmet ??

Thanks

McDojo.com is there to serve a simple purpose, regardless of how you feel about the current userbase: for the Martial Arts community to police itself of fraud. The entire site is designed so that the community itself decides what the standards are, and who meets or fails to live up to them.

REply]
    The problem is you have a rather poor communty, and they are creating standards based on thier own fantasy relms.

Also, who apointed you spokesman for martial arts?

>>We are 100% supportive of Traditional Martial Arts. We are 0% supportive of people using them to make claims of the outrageous to further their own pocketbooks, people teaching impractical techniques that could give a deadly false sense of confidence, and people that want to portray Martial Artists as mindless, violent thugs.

Reply] Impractial techniques you say?? Who are you or your members to judge?? Many, Many techniques requirer special skill to be effective. They also require special training. Training that is often kept secret from those at the lower ranks. (Iron hand comes to mind, the techniques are often taught the first day, but the hardeneing method needed to make them functional to the fullest comes later). Just because YOU donot have that skill, and may not even be capable of getting it, does NOT mean the technique is impractical.

Just look at Sheol, he is completely clueless about traditional martial arts, and he cannot be taught because his mind is made up based on facts he created himself in his head out of pure fantasy. Arguing with knuckle heads like that is down right tireing.

The way I see it, your site is not at all about finding "Mc DoJo's", and all about bashing everyone but your own.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

You are incorrect

Originally posted by Royal Dragon
    The problem is you have a rather poor communty, and they are creating standards based on thier own fantasy relms.
    If the fact that we've been trying to improve upon this community has escaped you in the past several discussions I've participated in on these forums, then there's not much more I can say to you.

Also, who apointed you spokesman for martial arts?
    Now where did I ever say, imply, or suggest such a thing? Please let me know because again, your assumptions are way off-base.

To repeat myself (ad nauseum): McDojo.com is a FORUM designed so that the Martial Arts Community can discuss the topics of fraud and the shady side of martial arts. The administrators and moderators do their ****dest to stay impartial and open to all points of view, and refuse to censor ANYTHING that is not blatantly libelous or submitted in bad faith.

This INCLUDES TRADITIONAL MARTIAL ARTISTS' POINTS OF VIEW.

Impractial techniques you say?? Who are you or your members to judge?? Many, Many techniques requirer special skill to be effective. They also require special training. Training that is often kept secret from those at the lower ranks. (Iron hand comes to mind, the techniques are often taught the first day, but the hardeneing method needed to make them functional to the fullest comes later). Just because YOU donot have that skill, and may not even be capable of getting it, does NOT mean the technique is impractical.
    Do you know what my skills are? I didn't think so. You sure seem quick to make assumptions about them.

Who is anyone to judge anything? Opinions are like a$$holes, and the internet is chock full of them. Again, all the staff at McDojo.com does is provide a medium by which members of the Martial Arts Community can discuss such issues, and judge things for themselves.

Just look at Sheol, he is completely clueless about traditional martial arts, and he cannot be taught because his mind is made up based on facts he created himself in his head out of pure fantasy. Arguing with knuckle heads like that is down right tireing.
    And how is one USER'S attitude a reflection of the views of the people that run McDojo.com?

Why do you continue to insist that we are responsible for any of the idiots that wandered into the forums there?

Why do you continue to insist that we have some sort of Anti-TMA agenda, simply because we've created a forum for the discussion of the darker side of ALL martial arts, to include MMA? Why is it so easy for you to throw the baby out with the bathwater?

You act like the Administrators over at my site sit around all day, thinking up new ways to denigrate Traditional Martial Arts. The way you'd paint a picture of us, we remove any posts made by TMA's, and only allow access to MMA stylists.

Find me one specific incident where either I Choke You, or I have done such a thing and I will personally and publically apologize for it. But you won't be able to, because that's not how we do busniess.

The way I see it, your site is not at all about finding "Mc DoJo's", and all about bashing everyone but your own. [/B]
    Then you obviously chose not to "see" very well.

RD, you are more than welcome at our site, and I personally value your participation. I honestly do not know why there is such a spirit of adversary here. You cannot lump everyone that's shown any interest in MMA into one group, all of which being Anti-TMA. It's not productive, and it's not reasonable.

I consider myself a Martial Artist.

Period.

And so should you.

I'm just asking your help in raising the standards by which our community judges itself, and hopefully, consequently, the standards by which the rest of the world judges us.

"Who is anyone to judge anything? "

That's a bit unproductive...

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

Frosty

You act like the Administrators over at my site sit around all day, thinking up new ways to denigrate Traditional Martial Arts. The way you'd paint a picture of us, we remove any posts made by TMA's, and only allow access to MMA stylists.

Reply]
    Admins, useres whatever, the main theme remains there, Bash all traditional martial arts, and promote MMA's as the sun, stars and moon of fighting.

Ryu,
    So tell me, who is qualified to judge arts they know nothing about?? Can you tell me truely whether or not the techniques from Tai tzu's first Southern form are useles or legit?? No you can't. Why? becue you donot know that style, and are not privy to the appliction and multitude of strategies for getting it in and working it.

Just the same, you may have a number of techniques that on the surface "I" may thing are useless, but in YOUR hands are devisating.

I think if you look closely, you will see that "Who is anyone to judge anything? " is not only productive, but rather profound.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Re: Frosty

Admins, useres whatever, the main theme remains there, Bash all traditional martial arts, and promote MMA's as the sun, stars and moon of fighting.

No, as I've said to the point of it being a mantra:

The main theme of the site is to expose, discuss, and take action against fraud in the Martial Arts.

The Admins do not promote the use of the forums for anything else, so holding us responsible for the actions of everyone that posts on the website is not just silly, but asinine.

The site is designed to represent the viewpoints of the community. The community rates the articles, links, and downloads, and the community decides what is McDojo, and what is not.

It's not a tough concept to grasp, but you refuse, much like the "MMA trolls" to which you take exception, to try and see anything but what you've already decided is absolute (if not irrational) fact in your own mind.

And that shows your character.

Now I've made the offer to apologize and take action if you can provide me specific details of any instance where my team has prevented Traditional Martial Artists from expressing their points of view.

You can either qualify your complaints with the way we run the website, or you can show some honor and integrity, and admit that you were incorrect to judge us in such a manner as you have.

He even has Anti Mcdojo.com threads at his forum.

Why is that Royal Dragon?
    Why so much hate?

Sorry Im a snoop!
    Last edited by Rorny Gracie; 08-27-2002 at 08:04 PM.

You can either qualify your complaints with the way we run the website, or you can show some honor and integrity, and admit that you were incorrect to judge us in such a manner as you have.

Reply]
    Nope, that site is exactly what I said it was. Admins, users who cares, that is the theme of your site. Maybe you should read some posts by some of your users.

See Frosty, you guys allow the trash that gets posted there, so in effect you are responsible for it.

If you don't like the tone of your forum, make some rules, and follow them, delete offensive posts, lock them, or ban users. Maybe create a special "War Zone" forum at the bottom of your pages that you can send all the trouble makers too (Like the Dungeon forum on my site)

However if you like the childish adolescant theme you have going, by all means continue to attempt to convince us you are trying to perform a public service by Identifying Mc Dojo's, and I will see the rampant style bashing going on at your site, and I will laugh at you!!

For the Women:

+ = & a

*Sigh*

If you don't like the tone of your forum, make some rules, and follow them, delete offensive posts, lock them, or ban users. Maybe create a special "War Zone" forum at the bottom of your pages that you can send all the trouble makers too (Like the Dungeon forum on my site)
    I'm really starting to lose respect for you as I read your replies more and more.

Initially I had thought you were sincere, but now it appears that you've got some sort of agenda, and that's unfortunate.

All "Flame Threads" "trolls" and the like are now being regularly moved from the main discussion forum to the Off-Topic forum.

However, actions like this do not seem like they would be enough for you, until we start censoring ANY opinions you personally disagree with, and we're not about to do anything of the sort.

Any member of McDojo's has just as much right to post "Kung Fu is garbage because of "X", as you do to post "MMA is garbage because of 'Y'".

Does this inhibit rational discussion? Not by any means. As a matter of fact, it stirs discussion. If nobody questioned any of the claims made by Martial Artists, then we'd see five times as much fantasy being presented to the public as we do now, and the level of fantasy in the Martial Arts at the moment is pretty bad.

Perhaps this is what you've taken exception to all along; the idea that there is now a website that casts doubt on the fantasy you' may have been clinging to.

But I do not know you by anything other than your posts, so I can only suppose that this is the case.

Every time I've offered to engage in a rational discussion with you about your complaints, you've resorted to responding with what is no more than a statement to the effect that "Everyone at McDojo's is out to get TMA", and that, sir, is pure, unadulterated bull$hit.

RD,
    it was just a joke.

In order to judge something you must have a lot of knowledge, understanding, and education of whatever it is you're judging, plus the knowledge and understanding of those things that relate, dispute, or argue whatever it is you're judging.

But other than that I was just being "cute"

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

".........nor will I tolerate it. "

Oh get over yourself. What are you going to do, arrest me? paaaaleeze.

Its all well and good to have the official rhetoric that your site is about exposing fraud. But, time tells the truth and you have been just as bad as Peedee and others on that board. The only admin with a bit of sense is I choke you. You sir are the KING of trolls. There are few here that think otherwise that have actually been over there.

Why should we bother to go over to your site at all? To clean it up? To argue with kids and muscle heads? Don't we already have enough of that here?

To expose who? Whom have you actually exposed that didn't already have a bad rep? And, so what, you aren't going to put that person or school out of business just by whining over it in some obscure website.

RD 's first post after my last one said it all.

" Why should we bother trying to defend the Traditional arts, when the mission of your users is clear: Bash TMA's as much as possible, no matter what it is and what evidence is presented, no matter what, and hold MMA up as the all illuminating star of ultimate combat.

Your site is NOT about finding frauds, it's about lableing EVRERYTHING except MMA's (UFC, Pride etc )as fraudulant, sub standard, out dated , foolish, stupid and worthless.

Anything will be conjured up as evedance, reguardles of truth or reality. If there is no substance for the MMA is superior and all else is worthless, proof and fallacies are fabricated.

You site is nothing more than a delusional fantasy land for your cronies to play in.

MMA's have been comming off like this for a long time. And they wonder why Traditionalists don't want to play with them or compete in thier tournaments. Why go fight in an MMA tournament, only to be the picture child for how bad Kung Fu is if you loose, when about 2/3s of ALL those that enter loose.

The sad part is all those 2/3's are MMA's. No one says anything about how bad the MMAs are though, because the guys at the top are MMA's (Go figure ).

I feel this argument is going nowhere.. behave.. or I'll troll ya ass
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Frosty

I'm really starting to lose respect for you as I read your replies more and more.

reply]
    Feeling's been mutual for awile.

>>Initially I had thought you were sincere, but now it appears that you've got some sort of agenda, and that's unfortunate.

reply]
    no, no agenda, just stating the ovbious.

>>All "Flame Threads" "trolls" and the like are now being regularly moved from the main discussion forum to the Off-Topic forum.

reply]
    Well, that's one step in the right direction. I do the same thing on my forum. My "War zone" thread get moved to the Dungeon. Although, most of those are chung moo Quan c]base, and they are debates all being held by those who have really experianced that school of thought, so there are really no uneducated opinions. where as on your site, mosy of what I have seen critical of Traditional arts is not only uneducated, but complete fabricated fantasy.

>>However, actions like this do not seem like they would be enough for you, until we start censoring ANY opinions you personally disagree with, and we're not about to do anything of the sort.

Reply]
    LOL, you have people that have absolutly NO clue as to what the are talking about and they are acting like experts in the field.

No, I'm asking you to censor anything, I'm saying there is no reason for me or many other Tradtitionalists to go and argue with a bunch of morons who are so stuborn that they are not willing to let go of their fantasies and listen to those who have actually be there and done it.

>>Any member of McDojo's has just as much right to post "Kung Fu is garbage because of "X", as you do to post "MMA is garbage because of 'Y'".

Reply]
    See, this is what I mean about you. it's all about fansasy garbage. I have nevermet a traditianlist who bashes MMA's. Maybe point out that it's not a real fight and state why they feel that way, but I have never seen anyone actually bash it the way MMA's bash us. Also, I myself don't "Bash" MMA's. I will defend traditional methods to the fullest, but I don't need to "Bash" anyone to do it, unlike a large percentage of your forum.

>>Does this inhibit rational discussion? Not by any means. As a matter of fact, it stirs discussion. If nobody questioned any of the claims made by Martial Artists, then we'd see five times as much fantasy being presented to the public as we do now, and the level of fantasy in the Martial Arts at the moment is pretty bad.
    Reply]
    There is nothing wrong with questioning, but when an expert in the field gets on your site to set the members straight about mass delusions they have, they get linched. There is not a whole lot of "Rational" discussion. It's mostly BAsh what we donot uderstan and hold the MMA's up as the holy grail mentality.

>>>Perhaps this is what you've taken exception to all along; the idea that there is now a website that casts doubt on the fantasy you' may have been clinging to.

Reply]
    See, there it is again, comming direct from YOU. You have no idea who I am, or what my experiances are, yet ther you go cataloging me and asuuming I have delusional fantasies about what I do with no proof or evedance what so ever. I have news for you Frosty, i have done considerable research over the years to discover what traditial Kung u really is, as well as testing an anylisng my skills for the purpose of eliminating non functional material (A VERY traditinal persuit by the way). I cling to what has actually WORKED for me, and I know to be sound. The above statment suports my postion that you just have no clue.

>>But I do not know you by anything other than your posts, so I can only suppose that this is the case.

How, what delusions have I Clung too? Stance training? that is no delusion, it's a time tested PROVEN traditional trainig method, and I have plenty of personal experiance that proves the legitamacy of it.

>>Every time I've offered to engage in a rational discussion with you about your complaints, you've resorted to responding with what is no more than a statement to the effect that "Everyone at McDojo's is out to get TMA", and that, sir, is pure, unadulterated bull$hit.

Reply]
    Sorry guy, just read your forum a bit more, the "Bash TMA's and hold MMA on high" is the overlaying and prevailing theme there. You want Traditionalist on your forum?? I got news for you, most of us have no intrest in fighting and arguing with the delusional knuckle heads that populate your forum. Especially when we can simply come here to KFM and converse with people who actually KNOW what they are talking about.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Sorry guy, just read your forum a bit more, the "Bash TMA's and hold MMA on high" is the overlaying and prevailing theme there. You want Traditionalist on your forum?? I got news for you, most of us have no intrest in fighting and arguing with the delusional knuckle heads that populate your forum. Especially when we can simply come here to KFM and converse with people who actually KNOW what they are talking about.
    Your insistance that this is so, does not make it so, it just reflects your general ignorance of the situation and refusal to see anything other than the reality you've chosen to see.

I assume, by your comments, that you are now the chosen voice of the CMA community. At least that's what you're implying by saying "Most of us have no interest..."

That's funny, because I'm a member of the CMA community. Like it or not.

Yes, you can come here and discuss your thoughs with little fear of any outside perspectives to deal with. You can reinforce your beliefs by discussing them with others of the same persuasion. You do not have to deal with any challenges to your ideas, nor do you have to justify your conclusions to anyone that might cast doubt on them.

Are you sure we're talking about Martial Arts, and not religion?

You're sure acting like some pentacostal people I once knew.

Don't complain about people refusing to open their minds to something when you refuse to do the same.