Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Wing Tsun Leung Ting the best branch of wing chun?

Is Wing Tsun Leung Ting the best branch of wing chun?

Most people who I have talked to seem to be of this opinion. Actually, many of the top instructors in WT are former WC instructors who have joined the organisation. I myself train WingTsun and find the sylabus and evolution of this branch of style the best of all I have seen. Being the biggest Wing chun/Tsun organisation on the planet means that there is a huge development in this style, and it is very street orientated. Of course, all branches of wing chun have something to offer, but you only have time to train in a particular branch and aim to perfect it, and for me, Leung ting WT is the best branch of wing chun that exists. They seem to be the only one that covers all ranges from grappling to anti-ground fighting, whilst sticking to wingtsun principles rather than including wrestling or BJJ for example. I think WT is the future.
    FCF: So, who will you be facing at the next PRIDE event?

'It doesn't matter who the opponent is, I expect to win by knockout'

-Vanderlai Silva

Thumbs up

good for you...

david
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

oh no...

heaven forbid, not another r5a junior in the making...

what is it with all these leung sheung people? (j/k)
    JK-
    "Sex on TV doesn't hurt unless you fall off."

Well, yours is one opinion.
    Most people who I have talked to seem to be of this opinion.
    You need to talk to more people.
    They seem to be the only one that covers all ranges from grappling to anti-ground fighting, whilst sticking to wingtsun principles rather than including wrestling or BJJ for example.
    That could be a strength. Or it could be a weakness.

Anti-ground fighting. Is that something that occurs in a parallel universe?
    Last edited by anerlich; 08-26-2002 at 04:30 PM.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

many of the top instructors in WT are former WC instructors
    Like wise there are guys from WT who now train in WC where i train. So what ever tickles your fancy!
    S.Teebas

Talking Which version of Wing Tsun?

I think we can all agree that Leung Ting's Wing Tsun is the best branch of Leung Ting Wing Tsun.

Above and beyond that, which branch of Wing Tsun are you referring to?

The European/American one with the "Lat Sao" filler program invented by GM Kernspetch?

The Hong Kong version (HQ) which does not have the Lat Sao program?

The EBMAS system of Emin Boztepe?

The Autodefense System of Nick Smart?

The WT system of Salih Avci?

The IWTSA version of I. Aderola and Allen Fong?

The AWTWA of Richard Guerra?

So many Wing Tsun's so little time.
    David Williams
    http://www.wingchun.com
    Kim sut, Lok ma, Ting yu, Dung tao, Mai jiang

I still think on the basis of the noise level that whatever red5angel is practicing is the best wing chun in the whole world.
    BTW-- a relative beginning student of mine moved to Minneapolis--- claims by email that he couldnt find any wing chun.Patience.

Smile ...

I must say... nice way to make a first post
    Dai yut tow dai

Originally posted by Aelward
    heaven forbid, not another r5a junior in the making...

what is it with all these leung sheung people? (j/k)
    Hi Aelward,
    I thought Leung Ting was the last direct "stoont" of Yip Man, disavowing Leung Sheung. I've seen the pictures.

Besides, I believe we proved the worth of Leung Sheung style BBQ on Saturday. It was a pleasure meeting you and your students.

BTW-- a relative beginning student of mine moved to Minneapolis--- claims by email that he couldnt find any wing chun.Patience
    Hi Yuanfen,

Minneapolis has come to be regarded as home to lots of Wing Chun patients. Do you need help spotting any in particular?

Cheers,
    John Weiland
    "Et si fellitur de genu pugnat"
    (And if he falls, he fights on his knees)
    ---Motto of the Roman Legionary

"Aim at Heaven and you will get earth 'thrown in': aim at earth
    and you will get neither." --C. S. Lewis

I personally do not know if Lueng Ting was a student of Leung Sheung.(does it matter?) but i do know that Luent ting does not do wing chun like Leung Sheung did... there aren't any similarities
    If you have real skill, everything is dangerous.

* remember all serious practictioners are life long students

Kim sut, Lok ma, Ting yu, Dung tao, Mai Jiang

I must say I agree with you on the Leung Ting thing being the greatest! Although; I really haven't tried any other lineage and you really can't tell from the outside. On the surface many things look good, it is only after time that the truth comes out. Oh yeah, we don't do the lat sao in the States any more. Just the "Traditional" methods here. I'm not sure what I think of it yet, but that's where I'll have to rely on the experience and wisdom of my Sifu and Sigung.
    Last edited by cobra; 08-26-2002 at 07:16 PM.

Besides, I believe we proved the worth of Leung Sheung style BBQ on Saturday. It was a pleasure meeting you and your students.
    Bah! You Leung Sheung'ers will never match the power of Texas "kung Fu" chili with your silly BBQ, our chili is based on more scientifical pricipals (heh W is from our state ya'know)
    I'll try to bring some up with me next time i'm in the area and we can "throw down"

On the surface many things look good, it is only after time that the truth comes out.
    as many things that look "bad" may turn out to be very powerful indeed.
    "Cyanide is a dangerous chemical. That's why it is a crime to possess it without a peaceful purpose," said U.S. Attorney Fitzgerald.

even tho i KNEW this was gonna be a troll... i clicked on it anyways
    Travis

structure in motion

Angry LT WT is the best ?

Ok. I'm also learnig the LT WT system here in Austria (with lat sao) and i like it very much, but what i don't like is, that a lot of people who are doing WT think, there is nothing beside WT.
    And most of them haven't ever tried other lineages/styles.

so my opinion - you have to be proud of your style/lineage, but don't be arrogant about others.

so long ciao

WTJune

Question Dunno

Is WT the best? There are many good organisations out there, the best is the one that suits you best. Politics aside, I've seen some really good WT, that's for sure.

I opted for something other than WT, and I'm happy with my choice. In fact, the first person I chatted with at my club was ex-WT - having spent about 3 years with them, and another guy I train with was with them for 4 years. I'm sure some of our students in the past have gone to WT.

Every club/organistion has something to offer. Pick the one that offers what you're looking for. For me (here in the UK) it was Kamon, for others it's Leung Ting's teachings.

Political problems abound in Wing Chun, but it seems to me WT has more than its fair share. This is a shame - like I said, I've seen some fantastic WT exponents.
    *There is no Rene. Understand that, then bend yourself.* Rene Ritchie

*I just meet what I would be if I wasd a hot women attracted to me* - Unity (posted on Kung Fu forum)

* You want more fight? (Jackie Chan)