Thread: Chen Tai Chi videos

Question Chen Tai Chi videos

Would like any input on the tapes being sold on the 'American Chen Style Tai Chi Association' website. (www.americanchentaichi.com) . I'm most interested in the "Original Chen Tai Chi Form/Push hands" by Chen Quanzhong, and "Original Chen Style Tai Chi-Lao da jia, part 1" by Yan Gaofei. One (of many) mistake I made when I was a Chen student was not having any resources to make training at home possible. Since all the students were more advanced than me, the pace was too fast for me to remember the movements. In all my years of martial arts I've never used tapes, so this is a new area for me. Other suggestions would be apprec.

Hi.

I normally buy my Tai Chi & IMA Videos from

here

Good selection and I find their prices reasonable.

Said that I am waiting for 2 Videos for my current Chen style.

Cheers.

Where's Tampa compared to Hollywood, FL? You can probably learn from Yan Gaofei himself there. Speaking with him, I think he only teaches seminars, and not regular classes though. But if the tapes are as good as his teachings, I think it's worth getting. But try to go to a Yan Gaofei seminar. I think he's one of the best teachers I've met. And his concepts would probably reflect in his video. I'm planning to order it myself when they come back from China Trip (which they came back today actually).

Also, try www.neijia.com. They're kinda expensive too.

Kumkuat--Unfortunately Hollywood is near Miami-about 5 hrs from tampa. I would go to a seminar there in the future though. I would also be interested in the trip to China-maybe next year. ------------ Shadow Dragon, thanks for the link, good site.

I also second Shadow Dragon's link. But I've recently come across places that sell DVDs of the Old Frame (Lao Jia) first and second routines (Yi and Er Lu) by Chen ZhengLei. I have not seen any of these myself but from my understanding CZL is a reputable teacher. Best of all, They're supposed to be english and chinese audio tracks with the DVD!

I feel they are reasonably priced here:

http://www.geocities.com/chowts1/Chentaichi.html

Wait.. Looks like there's a "blow-out" sale here:

http://www.cyberkwoon.com/store/?pag...=1&ref=c_sales

This could be of interest.
    A.

Where extacly on the site????

where on the site, what path you used to get to the page that shows you these clips, by going to the main site.

wujidude, You are correct, and I believe I have found a good instructor. I will still pick up a video or two on Chen as a ref. only, most likely from the geocities site apham4 sent me (thanks!). Since there are classes 7 days a week, I don't have much of an excuse not to find time to train!

chen DVD

I just received the chen style qigong and silk reeling DVD a couple of days ago. I must say, the quality on the DVDs is superb! Very clear picture with 2 audio tracks and 3 subtitle options! The menus are very nice. I'd say it's well worth the price, especially considering they're cheaper than some chen VHS quality tapes!

wujidude, thanks for the info. I emailed DN about 5 hrs. ago, but have not rec. a response as yet. If he teaches where his website says he does, he's only about 15 min. from where I live. I've done searches on this site for well over a year without finding any hint of a Chen schools in this area, and now I have the possibility of three instructors to choose from. I was curious, since you seem to be familiar with the American Chen Style Tai Chi Assoc., are you a member?