Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just bought Fist of Fury on DVD

Just bought Fist of Fury on DVD

The studio must have used the worst possible print, from which they made this DVD. The quality is horrible, and there aren't any cool features. Is it my imagination, or is this Bruce's worst movie?
    (not including Game of ****)

Does anybody own the Enter the Dragon set? If so, how's the quality, etc?

Side note - just picked up the Pulp Fiction DVD collectors set. $50 online, $16.99 at Costco....go figure.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Copyright 2003 - African Tiger Inc., a Nevada yada yada yada. Any reproduction...oh, to hell with that round kick, my knees are killing me. How about a nice Iron Palm to the nuts, sonny?

AND WHY THE **** ARE WE STILL CENSORING ****???!??!?!?
    Copyright 2003 - African Tiger Inc., a Nevada yada yada yada. Any reproduction...oh, to hell with that round kick, my knees are killing me. How about a nice Iron Palm to the nuts, sonny?

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    hmm did you say death?
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

Maybe it was d0rk or d¡ck and possible cr@p.

Death.
    I have a signature.

Was it the uncanny edited edition from Disney?
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Enter the dragon on DVD

its cool,,probably bruces best flick. they incorporated some deleted scenes and makes the movie a little more "philosophical"
    only two scenes put back in though. one is at the beginning after bruce spars SAMO HUNG,,, he has a converstaion with the head abbot of the temple. the othert scene is where bruce is in the hall of mirrors and he reflects on what the old abbot told him.

yeah those bruce flicks from before were kind of cheesy, i mean when you thinkabout it chinese flm making back then was rather cheesy. they were trying to emulate hollywood and did a horrible job of it. Although youy have to admit,,,some of those old chop sockey films had some cool Sh!t in them.

Many Respects,,,,,,,The Willow Sword
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

I got FofF on DVD and it was uncut - nunchuk scenes and all.

There are a couple of special features, thought the Bey Logan commentary is hardly inspiring (but then BL never was that inspiring....)

I actually really enjoy the Bey Logan commentaries. He's always got loads of interesting snippets of information and anecdotes about the Hong Kong stars. I think he's great.

Maybe, but it was when he described the fat Japanese guy as doing "tai chi" that I choked on my sandwich

AT
    I gotta agree with you, Fists of Fury pretty much sucked. Bad acting and stupid dialog and not enough gung-fu fighting.
    I always get a laugh when Bruce punches one guy through a barn wall and it leaves the outline of the dude cut out in the wall.
    No brag, just fact.

I have to admit that I laughed my arse off on that one too!

(Look what I've been reduced to, in order to express myself...the Queen's english version of ASS)

Wasn't there a reference in "Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story" that Fists Of Fury wasn't his best effort? I remember Bruce (Jason Lee) telling Linda they should leave the theater before "they lynch us."

I remember Bruce (Jason Lee) telling Linda they should leave the theater before "they lynch us."
    Don't they give him a standing ovation just after he says that?

I did enjoy the fight scenes in FOF, especially the one out the back of the restuarant where he uses the double chucks. As a movie it's a bit cack though, but then the Bruce Lee films were never really about plot and acting.

Are we talking the same movie here?

Fof F in the UK is the film where Lee fights the Japanese school after the death of his teacher.

The film with the nunchuk restraunt scene was Way of the Dragon here. The one where he kicks the guy through the wall was The Big Boss here.

"Was it the uncanny edited edition from Disney?"

Fists of Fury just isn't the same movie without the unedited goalie butts.
    "No Pain - Good."
    - neptunesfall

Bob...

in the usa...fist of fury is the big boss.
    in the usa...chinese connection is fist of fury.
    in the usa...way of the dragon is return of the dragon.

in fist of fury and chinese connection the director was horrible. he actually fell asleep while filming a few times. That's why BRUCE demanded Raymond Chow full attention while filming Way of the Dragon. He also had some scenes filmed of Game of Death...
    A