Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Workshops

ETB

you didn't tell the guys what time the workshop is. even teacher was asking me! i forgot to tell you that he was asking me about it the other day. anyway, he said 9 a.m. should be fine but the guys attending or competing for maoshan's tournament might find 9 a.m. a little too early since they will be traveling from all over. i'm not sure...

anyway, the tentative time seems to be 9 a.m. (sorry for not telling you about this sooner...i completely forgot until i read this forum).
    TV Sucks.

Travel from NYC to the Ba Gua Tournament

go to www.njtransit.com and check the time schedule of the #165 bus. it runs from port authority (42nd and 8th ave) through hackensack (where the tournament is). it'll let you off about 2 blocks west of the hall where the tournament is.
    that is your most cost-effective bet. the ride is about 50 minutes.
    only gin and tang guzzle out a rusty tin can, me and this mic is like yin and yang

Just a Man is right, go that route. Port Authority is right up the block from that hotel -- though I hate buses.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

4. Update...

The workshop will be held Sunday, September 29th at 11:00 am.

9:00 am would be too early for anyone from out of town or coming from the tournament to make it.

Thank you for all the help!

I will have to confirm later for the workshop.

Lincoln

6. For anyone attending the workshop... I need a head count. Please, e-mail or call to confirm that you will be coming. I want to get a list of names and perhaps styles to better prepare for the workshop.

Thanks...

Smile Re: Update...

Originally posted by Eight_Triagram_Boxer
    The workshop will be held Sunday, September 29th at 11:00 am.

9:00 am would be too early for anyone from out of town or coming from the tournament to make it.
    Yes, 11:00 AM is a good idea. Anyone taking the subway to the school can take take the downtown shuttle at the West 4th Street subway stop. If you're taking the A, C, or E train, go to the lower platform. If you're taking the F train, walk across the platform. Get off at the Grand Street stop. The school is 1-1/2 blocks north of Grand Street. Take the stairway to the right of the turnstiles as you exit. You will be on Grand Street and Chrystie Street. Broome Street is just north of you. Bowery is on the corner just west of you. The school is on Bowery, between Broome and DeLancey. We're in the building which has the Chinese rosewood furniture store.

PS - we're also teaching the 2-handed saber and the Flying Dragon-Tiger Gate staff; please check www.swordforum.com and go into the Chinese Swordsmanship site or Teacher Chan's website for more details. Depending on how many out-of-area people are interested, Teacher Chan may decide to have periodic workshops on these topics.
    Last edited by Carl M; 09-16-2002 at 07:41 AM.

8. Just a reminder.

9. Thumbs up

<bumb>

10. last time...

11. Thank you...

I just wanted to thank everyone for coming to the workshop. I know I learned a lot and I hope you did as well.
    Thanks BT, Count and Hispanic Palm for showing up and making it a bit more interesting...

Hey Eight,

I enjoyed it alot. Hope you guys have a lot more successfull workshops in the future. I'd love a copy of the video so I can keep those fond memories of your teacher kicking my butt even after the bruises fade. Just kidding but shoot me off a copy if you can.
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM