Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Revival&Healing techniques-essentials

see thats whay bugs me about taekwondo.......

its alllllll training, we NEVER cover any form of healing, guess cos its not Chinese? but still surely Koreans have some idea?

:S

Tae Li
    The difference lies in you.

"I understand now that fear is a normal reaction of the Human Body, so why fight it? Accept being afraid, but dont let it hold you back, keep moving forward and the light will shine at the end of the tunnel"
    -Tae Li.

Smile

tae li: hopefully chat to sometime eh

david
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

3. Thumbs up

Tae Li,
    I could have suspected that,almost.
    It is not the part of many art it seems,I think kung-fu has a pretty good hold on this part.
    But I donīt believe that korean arts are necessarily lacking in this,those hapkido and kuk sool won that I mentioned as an example,cover that.

Letīs see,well now that I did some search I found out that healing techniques are teached at advanced levels at least in one or more styles.
    http://www.choongmoo.org/

But this is probably only one example.

Could it be that chinese and japanese do have their own healing methods and have been having them for long (just think about TCM) I donīt know of specific korean healing methods (but it is used in arts as we see)
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

not chungmoodoe? don't even wanna go there

I think that certain MA have the 'health' element, wheras aothers are more just the fighting skill...

TKD for example is more like a sport now, so they train for that, but i'm sure theres some traditional Korean skills somewhere

Hey Tae: maybe u should take up the tai chi again? or i could show ya some qigong

c ya,
    david

ps: FC: feel like chatting today? i'm going to http://www.fighterschat.com/chat.php now anyway lol

thanx boys

il look into it, and maybe i should get back into tae chi dwd.

Tae Li

"I understand now that fear is a normal reaction of the Human Body, so why fight it? Accept being afraid, but dont let it hold you back, keep moving forward and the light will shine at the end of the tunnel"
    -Tae Li.

6. Thumbs up

Tae Li,and others

This is not directly qi-gong related but you might want to try military TKD.They train very hard,and not in sport manner,as far as Iīve heard.

Hey Dehz.
    I tried the chat out but I guess my timing got me again...
    Iīve started some training again,plenty of qi-gong and cool stuff Letīs see how long I last.
    Later pal.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

FC no worries mate talk to ya 1 of these times lol
    If u see me up top n KFO i'm usually in the fighterschat room as well... that goes for anyone else who wants to drop by I hope the qigong can make u feel better and clearer

As for tae li: i'm sure she can prob kick my ass well enough already! don't tell her anything else that can give her MORE of an edge! LOL Now i REALLY need to train my Hard Qigong!

david

Dawoooooddddddddd......ttttttttt.

-Tae Li.

Unhappy

jeez... i missed both u guys huh?
    FC: what types of Qigong do u do if u don't mind me asking? I'd be interested to find out...
    Tae Li: check your emails please miss

bedtime (midnight),
    ttyl

david

heres a link for the UK Shoriji Kempo website if ur interested FC (and others)... i trained with this association for 5 years - very good It's also CMA related for a change

http://www.bskf.org/

david

11. Thumbs up

Hello.
    Thanks a herd for the replies David,you have been busy
    And Tae Li,I did not get much out of it though...but thanks anyway.
    Oh yes,now I remember what the kaiso created shorinji for,to help those who survived the war and light some fire into their hearts Thatīs how I first understood it.BTW,this art is also taught here too.

"FC: what types of Qigong do u do if u don't mind me asking? I'd be interested to find out... "

I briefly mentioned this earlier,but that was briefly.
    I self-study "the eight pieces of brocade" qi-gong,which includes both standing and sitting sets (itīs quite hard to put this into a category,it is quite like "basic" medical or ?scholar? qi-gong.But even with that it has various pieces which include horse-stance and even striking like patterns,it is said to have developed from animal movements but I canīt prove that)
    Quite straightforward and down-to-earth,gentle internal gong.

Then thereīs White Crane qi-gong which is a part of CMA of shaolin white crane system (WT is actually a big system including various styles) Understanding that it is a martial art requires the gong to be martial all the way.
    There are soft and hard sets,still and mostly moving.
    Techniques are based on crane movements in a way or another,plenty of flying,flapping and bending.
    Soft is more internal and uses nearly no muscle,while hard requires strong external tension to build up muscle and tendon,not to mention sort of qi li and external qi.
    Crane gong is harder for it takes at least some breath coordination,abdominal breathing,somewhat more fluid and accurate movements,but is fun.

"If u see me up top n KFO i'm usually in the fighterschat room as well... "
    Iīll take that into serious consideration.

Iīll try to start hard conditioning today.
    heavy bag and phoenix eye post work,some traditional strength training and stuff.

Best regards,

-FC, summer of 2006-