Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rate this school: EastWindTrainingHall in Austin, TX

Rate this school: EastWindTrainingHall in Austin, TX

www.eastwindtraininghall.com

Does anyone have any personal experience with this school?
    This school looks good on "paper" but I’d like to know more about it?

I'm going to move south to the Austin / San Antonio area within the next two years. Hopefully Austin since there are more options for kung fu, and this school is the leading contender right now. The instructor there was a student with my father under grandmaster ling (or Fred as I’ve always known him), and my fathers is my inspiration for getting into kung fu in the first place. There's a family connection with the school, and my dad has real skill, but I don't know jack about this guy or the school he runs.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

contact REEMUL

Reemul is the guy that "kicked my ass" and is from that school.
    he posts here on the forum at times. you contact HIM and you will get your answers.

Why not join the merry old Shaolin-do school? since you learned from Andy,,maybe you could learn from the peeps there

TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

I'm not sure if you're interested in Shuai Chiao. But if so, shoot me a PM. We have some good contacts on the mailing list and I can probably get you in touch with a solid teacher.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Talking you know i COULD

give you Reemuls email address and phone number but since you are being an a$$ to me,,,,,go find it out on your own....you have a phone right? call em up.
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Thanks Willow Sword...
    And Water Dragon I would be interested in other schools in Austin.
    - 三和拳

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

I also have a contact number that Master John Wang gave me of a shuai chiao student of his that is teaching commercially. Master Wang is only offering private lessons right now. Let me know if you'd like me to pass it on to you.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

And you are absolutely correct. Outside of a couple wing tsun schools there is about Zero kung fu in San Antonio.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

ewallace, sure you can PM me or something, but i'm not moving yet so i'll probably ask again.

And what is up with San Antonio? Austin, Houston, and Dallas all have lots of Kung fu schools. Why not San Antonio? I know of as many teachers here in lubbock as i do in San Antonio.
    - 三和拳

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

I've always wondered that as well. Probably because there are so dam.n many TKD schools here. There are some good schools here that aren't CMA. There is an excellent Kali school that I'm going to start going to as soon as I get the $$. There is also a decent BJJ school, and there are a few really good Kenpo teachers around as well.

Or maybe it's the food. Too much 'Tex-Mex' good for tounge, bad for gas. Gas not make for good gung-fu.

Check your P/M.

Hmmm....I was born in Lubbock and now I live in San Antonio. There is not much kung fu in either. Maybe it's just me. Word must have gotten out that a bad ass from Golden Mountain in Illinois was coming to town and everyone scattered to surrounding areas to avoid the wrath.

LOL @ ewallace

thanks for the PM/s. Water Dragon what the URL to the shuai Chiao board?

You would think with all those 80's cynthia rothrock movies on Telemundo would stir up more interest in Kung Fu down there
    - 三和拳

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

You might want to ask Chang Style Novice about Tai Chi People. I think that's the name of the place where he trains at.

Originally posted by SanHeChuan
    thanks for the PM/s. Water Dragon what the URL to the shuai Chiao board?

You would think with all those 80's cynthia rothrock movies on Telemundo would stir up more interest in Kung Fu down there
    No URL as it is a private mailing list. If you want, pm me your e-mail address and I'll add you to the list.