Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temple Kung Fu - Full Transcript Highlights

Exclamation Temple Kung Fu - Full Transcript Highlights

Read it here... it's posted several times in the forum - sometimes funny, sometimes weird, always enlightening - enjoy.

Q- ...The title His Holiness the Dalais Seng Shi is that a title that has been conferred on you by someone?
    A- Assumed title, how do you say, totally self-invented, sir.
    Q- Thank you for your candor.
    A- For certain reasons if you want me to go into that.
    Q- If you feel that is germane to this please do.
    A- Well the Buddhist compared to the Christians and especially North America where I feel less privileged, and it was difficult for them to -- they didn't have the courage to actually match that image with let's say the Pope. The Pope, they call the Pope His Holiness, and nobody else -- the Dalai Lama finally I think they afford him the courtesy that you call him His Holiness. But the question is who is more holy, the man who has 800 million people or a man who has only 200 members, so I would then submit that the Pope is 800 million times more holy than I am.

"And after that I thought I deserved the title Grand Master because a Grand Master is also a person who totally devises his own style." - O.E. Simon

Q- I have also seen reference to you styled as Grand Master Simon. Is that a title that is particular to Kung Fu?
    A- You know, I think this most likely could apply to anyone who has made a name for himself over maybe half a century.
    Q- In the martial arts?
    A- I don't know if there are masters somewhere else. In music there are none I guess. Maybe there are.
    Q- Your status as a Grand Master that is in Kung Fu, is it?
    A- Yes.
    Q- Now, was that a level that was awarded to you by someone, and if so who?
    A- One claims that. One claims that. Now, in antiquity one would claim and the other master not liking that would come and either clean your clock or take over this -- they were a rather primitive people. As a matter of fact you will see that I was the first Grand Master in North America. After I called myself a Grand Master everybody was one or they became one.

Q- And so they (the Pai Hu Shi) were trained in a different style and you said a much more destructive style?
    A- Yeah.
    Q- Potentially destructive style, correct?
    A- Well, actually I introduced them to the true concept of Kung Fu which is anywhere else which I was taught by my master, and he told me in time I will find out I will learn not to step forward but to stand still. And I understood that finally it came to me that is the only way it must have been designed because the monks never walked after anyone. And if danger comes
    to one it is easy to depose of it than going after danger. There are many scientific facts underlying to this, so I have actually proven and established a scientific concept to this method of dealing which no other style ever has attempted to have a scientific proven method in this style which cannot by means of signs discount it.

Q- Are you talking about the first time you didn't come to discovery?
    A- Yes.
    Q- Is that when Mr. Piercey and the rest of the people were examined?
    A- I would think so. I am not too sure.
    Q- You say the reason you couldn't come was because you had a commitment to go and teach?
    A- I was already on the road when I got served.
    Q- That is strange because Mr. Wolfman told me you were ill and presented a medical report to me.
    MRS. SIMON No, no, just a minute.
    A- No, no, sweetie, he doesn't. You got to tell him.
    MRS. SIMON: Yeah, but you get caught with the English and now you get confused. He is trying to turn you into a liar because you don't understand the English.
    A- I don't think so.
    MRS. SIMON; Well, he is. He just said that.
    MR. GROH; No, I am not.

Q- MR. GROH; Mr. Simon, there has been some question raised about whether you understand me or not. If at any time --
    A- I don't want to lie, yeah.
    Q- Just a minute. If at any time throughout this discovery if you have got any doubt or any hesitation about whether you understand me or not will you tell me?
    A- Yeah.
    MR. OSHRY; Mr. Grohy in theory that is fine, but in principle it doesn't work because things like inflections and accents will -- accentuation of words will mean different things.
    MR. GROH; No, but if the witness doesn't understand the question that is what I am asking him to do is tell me he doesn't.
    MR. OSHRY; Well, he may think he understands if he doesn't understand.
    MR. GROH; Well, I can't help that.

Q- The kind of thing I am talking about was did you go down and learn certain moves, kicks, punches, whatever from Mr. Parker and then come back and practice them until you were adept at that time? Is that the --
    A- No, no, it wasn't good stuff. It was horrible stuff.

Q- Is that the model on which you organized the Pai Hu Shih?
    A- Yeah, in general. And we have an oath there which is rather patriotic. It has not too much to do with the Pai Hu Shih but to be a good citizen, and in case the government would turn against the people and burn the Temple of the people that one would then come together and then use this skill to free the people of such government which would be a tyrannic government.

Q- Did you write a book entitled To Hell With Canada?
    A- Yeah sure, but the question mark is very important.
    Q- But you did author that book?
    A- Yes, sir.

"I basically do not believe that we have a much better religion than anybody else. We are most likely the worst there is in my opinion." -O.E. Simon

A- Yeah, well, we don't believe in Buddha Gautama for actually who coined the word Buddhism. We rather choose the word Buddhism as enlightenment, education, or knowledge. We don't celebrate actually the man because we believe that any man seeking enlightenment forfeits his family life. He deserts his family. And therefore I didn't see the wisdom or the purpose of how what you say setting example doing that. The original was built on that, on that individual. So we differ in that outlook. They also believe in the outlook of being very poor, and I can't understand that either.

Q- Do you recall in 1963 saying to Margie Hilbig something to the effect that since you wrote a lot of poetry if you put a Dr. in front of your name did she think anyone would check up on you?
    MR. OSHRY; Don't answer that question. What you said in 1963 to Margaret Hilbig has got nothing to do with this lawsuit. Please don't answer the question.

Go on Stone Monkey, Finish the quote on the PHD issue... Simon answered the question. You edit to make it seem like he did not, and that it was an admission that he is not a PHD. GOOD GOD!! people! He did not say that to Hilgib (sp) and he says so in the transcript.

ARE YOU FU(KING SERIOUS PEOPLE? Can we hash this out anymore? PLEASE GET A LIFE...... While we're at it, why don't we start rehashing all the OLD threads about all the OTHER schools....

Far East Fighting Arts
    Samurai Karate
    Shaolin Do(h)
    Shaolin Kempo
    Kung Fu San Soo
    BJJ
    MMA
    The list goes on and on.......

Lets bring this forum back to what it should be....KUNG FU. Not, oh look...this person is a nong, and doesn't deserve a school because......... If they're a fraud, bring it to our attention...but please, stop flooding the forum with your happy horsesh!t that doesn't matter to anyone anymore. We know that O.E. Simon's been in court, and couldn't find his ass with a map and 2 seeing eye dogs. It's been said...it's been hashed out over and over and over and OVER again. Quite fankly...I am sick and tired of you fu(king kids that think you know it all, but don't know sh!t. If you study there, great, if you don't great....that means you either do or don't know what kempo looks like. Hip Hip Horray!!! Now, get a life, and get on with the Kung Fu threads.....and GET A FU(KING LIFE....If that's possible.

~Wen~

ah, the mouthboxer is back.

i missed you, wendy
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

ah the purple really has such a dramatic effect

david
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

Can we keep the transcript stuff on the board that was set up for it now that it exists?

wushu chik:

Your obviously frustrated, I can relate but,

TKF is not traditional KF no doubt but, the colourful use of the F word makes your argument so much more persuasive, thank you. (sheesh!)

Agree with your point about "kids" and know it alls, too much, too many!!

You're obviously a well educated Kempo or Karate practitioner too, as well as familiar with temples styles, to be able to make your assumptions. Stay with commenting on what you know.

Im amazed considering the relevance of so many of your other posts on other topics. You seem knowledgable.

To make one of your points from months ago wheres your WUDE today?????????

Mike

PS Im sure any san soo or MMA practitioners out there who also practice some traditional CMA will be happy with your lumping list.
    I have an Astral ignore list. - guohuen

Temple Kung Fu Response

Good Day,

Firstly, I would like to mention that this is an actual response form the management of Temple Kung Fu Studios.

Secondly, I would like to state that I have no dispute of what you or others have stated. In fact many locations lost their franchise for exactly the reasons that you all have mentioned. At some point things seemingly went terribly off track and since early 2005 those issues have been addressed and thankfully rectified.

As with any business sometime things do tend to go astray and it is for that it is for reason that you have seen a dramatic shift in our organization. In the past various owners of locations were conducting themselves in a manner that was not in the best representation of the organization and changes were absolutely made.

If you have questions regarding the Temple Kung Fu Organization, it’s Members, Style, or Founder we encourage you to give us a call and we would be more than happy to answer any questions or address any situation or problems that you may have.

You can contact us at:

Geof Crossman – Supervisor/ Owner
    Temple Kung Fu - Calgary
    7730 McLeod Trail SE
    Calgary, AB
    403-253-2099

DJ Swanstrom - Supervisor/ Owner
    Temple Kung Fu - Edmonton
    10404 (Calgary Trail) – 66 Ave
    Edmonton, AB
    780-432-2822

Thank you and good luck and good health in your martial arts training

wushu chik!!

Hello! How have you been? it's been like forever since I have seen a post of yours!!

What have you been up to?

As fro the comments below, it's clear you have not been around in awhile...the Shaolin Do thread is still going strong, and showing no signes of slowing down! See my comments below:

ARE YOU FU(KING SERIOUS PEOPLE? Can we hash this out anymore? PLEASE GET A LIFE...... While we're at it, why don't we start rehashing all the OLD threads about all the OTHER schools....

Far East Fighting Arts
    Samurai Karate
    Shaolin Do(h)
    Shaolin Kempo
    Kung Fu San Soo
    BJJ
    MMA
    The list goes on and on.......

Reply]
    Like I said, the Shaolin Do thread is stil alive and kicking with an uninterupted lineage dateing back to...as long as I have been around!!

Lets bring this forum back to what it should be....KUNG FU. Not, oh look...this person is a nong, and doesn't deserve a school because.........

Reply]
    Um Wen, this forum has allways been about calling people about there BS. There has been one argument after another here on just that since before KFM took it over. infact, it's been slow lately, and the bring up Temple Kung Fu is actually what is bringing this forum back to it's roots....all we need now is Ralek!

If they're a fraud, bring it to our attention...but please, stop flooding the forum with your happy horsesh!t that doesn't matter to anyone anymore. We know that O.E. Simon's been in court, and couldn't find his ass with a map and 2 seeing eye dogs. It's been said...it's been hashed out over and over and over and OVER again.

Reply]
    Yup, and sit back and watch, it's gonna get hased out again. Temple Kung Fu has been a silent subject for a long time here. Don't complain, go grab some Pop corn, and pull up a chair!!

Quite fankly... I am sick and tired of you fu(king kids that think you know it all, but don't know sh!t. If you study there, great, if you don't great....that means you either do or don't know what kempo looks like. Hip Hip Horray!!! Now, get a life, and get on with the Kung Fu threads.....and GET A FU(KING LIFE....If that's possible.

Reply]
    LOL!!! I allways thought it funny how Kempo schools morphed into Kung Fu, when they were just Ed Parker Kempo!!
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Wait a minute, how OLD is ths thread anyway?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Old. Real old. Wow, Temple KF must be busy as hell... Who takes 4 years to respond to a dispute...

I'd like to know how simon's bullcrap has been rectified.

what does that mean? forgotten or unknown by the noobs temple sucks into it's fleecing contracts.

simon is representative of a real problem and is one of the top 3 outright fraudulent martial artists out there.

had he not fabricated pretty much everything and had he turned out anyone that was even halfway proficient that would be a different story, but the truth is the truth and there it is sworn in , in a court of law.

more than ample enough documentation to say avoid this school like the plague you will be fleeced like a sheep.

This has nothing to do with getting down on anyone either. It has to do with what is right and what is wrong. simon = wrong.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Top 3? who are the other 2?

There are like 5 top frauds that I can think of off the top of my head. Oom Yung Doe/Chung Moo Doe is one of them. Those guys from Malaysia who throw thier Chi, Of course my "Freind" in NC who teaches Taiji inplace of what he advertises, and Shaolin Do.

If I had to rank them, for first second, third prise:

1. Chung Moo/Oom Yung Doe

2. Temple Kung Fu

3. Shaolin Do

Apparently Shaolin Do DOES have some Shaolinish sets in it, and some Chinese arts. I don't think they were from the sources that are claimed, and that does not erase all the other nonsense they teach that ISN'T Kung Fu, but some of thier guys recognised Bung Bo from North Mantis, and it sounds like there are a few other random things in there as well, so I can't fully put them at the top of the list

Besides, Chung Moo Quan/ Oom Yung Doe is so far in the lead, no one else can touch them for fraudulant existance. Shaolin Do, and Temple Kung Fu are a close tie for second in my book though. Of course my freind from NC could easily be in 3rd as well, and maybe more deservingly so if he had a huge national chain of schools, but he doesn't, so he does not place, but only by a 10nth of a point.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Hey, try and keep that sd stuff in the massive "yes it is/no it isn't thread" that has been running on the shaolin forum for...well years.

the neverending argument that one. lol

the moo cows are pretty up there and sd should just fight publicly. that usually makes nay sayers stfu. I wouldn't put sd up there in teh top 3 frauds though. they ahve a shaky at best lineage story, but it looks and sounds like a genuine workout that would be good for you.

as opposed to whack body mechanics and pee poor information.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

So what would your ranking be then?

For the Women:

+ = & a

I am not saying in order to disuade yet another no it isn't / yes it is thread.

suffice it to say, i've said what I've said and would be absolutely fascinated to have it disproved to me.
    Kung Fu is good for you.