Thread: Tung Tsai Liang R.I.P.?

Tung Tsai Liang R.I.P.?

Can anyone confirm the recent passing of Master Liang? I heard 2 days ago that Master Liang had passed away at the age of 103. I knew that a few months ago he went into hospital but hadn't heard anything else after that. Does anyone lese have any more details?
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith

Hmmm

I have just read his book and I have to say I have been quite unaware of the degree of hostility shown between himself and Cheng Man Ching later on in life. Cheng man ching was no saint but I am surprised at some the stories which seem to show Cheng in a more arrogant light than people would normally expect. I have heard some slightly different stories to some of the versions in the book but on the whole still rate the book highly it is a wonderful read.

Hmmm

I never did really rate what the American students of Cheng's had to say though, as I don't feel they had a close as relationship with him than that of his Taiwanese students. This is why I do rate what Liang had to say about him but I think it is also healthy to show a modicum of skepticism on some of Liangs comments too don't you think. Everything I have heard has been through the Taiwanese linage of Chengs from one of his top disciples who my Master was a student of to me. Of course this will never be a substitute for those who actually spoke to , lived with and knew Cheng in person, but what I have heard about Cheng seemed a lot more down to earth than the awe inspired near quai-mystical sentiments that his American students recall. Maybe you are right that the cultural and liguistic barriers were in fact enough of an obstacle to manifest mis-representation and misunderstanding. Whoever I feel that those who have come down through the lineage of Chengs Taiwanese disciples will have a greater variance in their ideas of Cheng, prehaps!!?