Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "deadly" attacks

Question "deadly" attacks

hey i've heard recently you can kill a person with a punch to the temple! and also practicing dim mak can be used to KO someone or even kill them! does anyone know if any of this is legal in competition? ( the "not - so" dangerous ones) and more to the point can it actually be done? has anyone used these techniques in a fight? x
    K

Links to the rules for many different tournaments are listed at http://www.grapplersworld.com/rules.htm, but I have to warn you that you won't be able to stay on that page long enough to click on any of the links, because you'll be redirected to another page (mmaringreport.com).

Hit the backspace and then click on the stop button immediately after.

I've read the UFC and Kuoshu Federation rules, and in general, they prohibit anything that would do serious permanent injury. UFC prohibits striking of pressure points, and Kuoshu makes you wear gloves.

Deadly attacks....usually aren't. It's a FAR overblown idea. Bottom line is that great damage CAN be caused but this is not so easy to do live, against an opponent. Like a heart punch. A heart punch CAN stop the heart's beat--but the timing has to be impeccable w/respect to the heart's rhythm. So it's more of an accident.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Royce would choke Dim Mak...foh sure
    "I'm into murders and executions, mostly"

Sort of in the same line...i just spoke to a guy who trains with the guy who developed the Hand to hand system of the danish elite military units, he said that its impossible to punch a persons nosebone into his brain.
    Anyone know if its true?

Thumbs up

Yes,I donīt know how mature it is to go trought this kinds of things in rather public forum but I guess if one searches enough...
    Yes,it can kill (temple strike),and in many cases,will.
    Dim mak is real,even western medicine recognizes it in their own way.You might want to check out my thread "So much to do about pressure points..." from this part of forum,if you dig a bit (or search)
    When it comes to influences,dim mak strikes effects vary from strong emotional problems to KO,rather bloody urine,exruciating pain to delayed or instand death to name a few.
    Theory travels along the lines of TCM healing.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Thumbs up

Tvebak,
    on nosebone thing,YES,this has been recognized to be a myth in many sources.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Quote MP:

Deadly attacks....usually aren't.

--

Kay:

Why would you want to use a death strike in a competition match? Dont you know thats why us Kung Fu guys dont compete?

Beyond competition, if you really want to hurt or kill, wouldent you want to break things like wind pipes and spines rather then trying to hit a dime sized spot, from a certain angle with the right type of pressure at the right time of day? Which one of those, considering the difficulty involved, is truely more deadly? Which one of those would you as a 'martial artist' gain more from practicing on a regular basis and find more 'useful' in your skill set?

I think MP calls that something like 'high/low percentage techniques' but whatever.

You should always consider the usefullness of your techniques/skill set vs the economy of your training time.
    strike!

Quote MP:

Deadly attacks....usually aren't.

--

Kay:

Why would you want to use a death strike in a competition match? Dont you know thats why us Kung Fu guys dont compete?

Beyond competition, if you really want to hurt or kill, wouldent you want to break things like wind pipes and spines rather then trying to hit a dime sized spot, from a certain angle with the right type of pressure at the right time of day? Which one of those, considering the difficulty involved, is truely more deadly? Which one of those would you as a 'martial artist' gain more from practicing on a regular basis and find more 'useful' in your skill set?

I think MP calls that something like 'high/low percentage techniques' but whatever.

You should always consider the usefullness of your techniques/skill set vs the effeciency of your training time.
    strike!

10. Thumbs up

"Beyond competition, if you really want to hurt or kill, wouldent you want to break things like wind pipes and spines rather then trying to hit a dime sized spot, from a certain angle with the right type of pressure at the right time of day? Which one of those, considering the difficulty involved, is truely more deadly? Which one of those would you as a 'martial artist' gain more from practicing on a regular basis and find more 'useful' in your skill set? "
    They have their place,I think.
    No technique works always,but there might just be a situation where some tech. could be better than some other tech.
    Besides,there are dime spot targeting techniques which can be even considered loving,but still effective.

-FC, summer of 2006-

a sternum punch can kill. i remember learning in anatomy class that breaking off the xiphloid process (cant remember how the **** to spell it, but its the very bottom tip of the sternum) requires emergency surgery so that the bone framents do not rupture the heart or other useful organs.
    where's my beer?

xiphoid . .. i was close
    where's my beer?

Personally I have other 'tastier' stuff on my plate that I want to eat right now before I fill up on random dim mak.

Although, one day when Im a small gnarled kung fu master, I will use my Dim Mak with great skill.
    strike!

maybe someone can verify this ...

combo: any strike to the nose that will break it or cause sufficient pain. what i was told is that the jaw will drop, even slightly, in reflex. this is followed by an immediate hook, or whatever, to the hinge of the jaw (just under the ear). the theory is that with the jaw open it doesn't take much to dislocate it when striking here.

you can push on this area and see that it definately makes sense, but it's still hearsay. also, does the jaw actually drop when you get your nose broke? i have been punched in the nose before, but never thought to pay attention.
    where's my beer?

Lot of peeps die when someone knocks them down..and then..their head hits the cement floor.
    A