Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whoo hoo!! [Don't read Wendy...not CMA related]

Whoo hoo!! [Don't read Wendy...not CMA related]

I finally...finally get to start my pekiti-tirsia kali classes this weekend. The instructor is really going out of his way to accomodate me. I really needed to hear a bit of good news too.

Sorry. I needed to get that out of my system. No one at work would understand.

Carry on.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Cool where does he teach?
    Hope is the denial of reality.

We sail the seas, of negativity
    to banish kindness from this place
    (Sans scruples, sans humility)
    To behold the fierceness of wolves
    assailing ye saints thoroughly
    (Sans love, sans compassion)
    To behold the wails of thine in affright
    whilst evil preyeth upon thy hearts
    (Sans warmth, sans pity)
    To behold a world, darkly astir
    rising in madness and mystery
    (sans light, sans life)

good news, ewallace.

looking forward to hearing about your first class, mate.

stuart b.
    When you assume, you make an ass out of... pretty much just you, really.

Wurzbach Pkwy @ Perrin-Beitel. It's behind and further back from the motorcycle repair shop.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Is this your first time study kali? If you ever need to blow off steam at work let me know. I could burst into your office with my kali sticks and we could have a good ol fashion kali smackdown. My kali skills are poor so kicking my ass shouldn't be a problem.

(Sans warmth, sans pity)
    (sans light, sans life)

Thumbs up

Yeah first time. But I think that we should make better use of ourselves and just beat everyone else and take over the company.

Thanks Ap. I'll let you know how it goes. Class is on Saturday afternoon. The time I went to check out the school, they had a new guy in there for his first lesson. He got to beat the **** out of a tire with a stick. I really, really need to beat the **** out of something with a stick right now. [Insert Homer Drool Here]

Don't forget to bring cheese, it's traditional and a sign of good manners and upbringing.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Everywhere EWallace goes, there's cheese.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Smile

Exellent. Beating on each other with baston is a lot of fun. Remember, pain is your friend.
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

ewallace,

sounds promising. oddly enough, beating on a tire is a time-honoured training method in FMA. my teachers had one hanging in their backyard next to the swimming pool. as it's round, it allows you to attack on pretty much any of the angles you can think of. and the tighter space in the middle allowed them to practice building up force in a very confined space using whipping 'witik' type movements.

we actually had a big wooden dummy at the school itself, covered in tires. pretty ingenious.

stuart b.

ooh... sweet setup.

nope. equipment has gotten a bit more impressive since i started FMA (1990, thereabouts). the tire just hung from a tree branch. and the dummy looked a bit like Frankenstein's spare.

stuart b.

Looks sweet. That's the school your going to?

(Sans warmth, sans pity)
    (sans light, sans life)

Yep. It really is set up quite nicely. There is a mat for grappling on the other side that you cannot see.