Thread: Very off topic...

Very off topic...

Ok what happens when you have about a shots worth of rubbing alcohal.

I was sitting here and I was thinking about how I have strep throat and I thought if I were to have a shot of some vodka and then I cleaned it out by filling it with rubbing alcohal so some one else could use it and they thought it was vodka and took it.

AHHH dont ask.
    IXIJoeKaveyIXI

If Wing Chun was a man, he would be The Man...

I guess they could get alcohol poisoning, and if they had liver problems it could be pretty serious.

I actually wondered the same thing this summer when i was using rubbing alcohol :P I´ve had pretty strong homemade alcohol that was like 50% orsomething. Wonder what happens with Rubbing alcohol if you drink it.
    Free thinkers are dangerous!

I think I heard that 21 shots of beer is enough to poison someone, so I can imagine what a shot or two of rubbing alcohol would do...
    I don't plan on touching any kind of alcohol...Sifu doesn't look to kindly on that.

if it were just a shots worth he'll be fine. it sure as hell aint good for ya, but it'll take a bit more than that to kill ya.
    where's my beer?

Rubbing alcohol is Isopropyl alcohol. If I remember, it will be changed into an aldehyde in the body, by the enzyme that breaks down alcohol groups--that's why methanol is so bad for you-- turns into formaldehyde in the body.

Anyhoo, GDA is right on--he'll probably be just fine.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Hmm maybe ill do it as a joke then
    IXIJoeKaveyIXI

Not really funny..
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Yeah some one would want to beat me up for that.
    IXIJoeKaveyIXI

Ryan

It isn't 21 shots of beer, it may have been 21 full 12oz beers within a certain timeframe, for a person of a specific weight. I've come dam.n close to 21 beers in a 7-8 hour period. Of course I was a bit younger and had a horrible hangover.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

My brother was at almost thirty in about 2 or 3.

What an animal.
    IXIJoeKaveyIXI

Unless he is about 350 lbs I find that very, very hard to believe.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

I have watched a good friend of mine (about 6'3", 250lbs) put away a case of beer (roughly 9 litres of beer) in about 2 hours. He is a prodigious drinker though - I watched him drink somewhere between 15 and 20 pints of Guiness in one evening when we were in Dublin.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

i believe they put something in rubbing alcohol that induces vomiting, so it might be a bad idea

you dont want people running around buying up rubbing alcohol at 1/10 the price of real alcohol now do ya? or having minors drink it (god forbid)
    Travis

structure in motion

Fatal dose of isopropyl or n-propyl alcohol is 250ml. That's slightly more than a cup. It can damage the lungs and bronchi, and cause one to start coughing blood.