5 12.20%
  • Iam interested in the Sun Style

4 9.76%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Which Style Tai Chi Chaun

Shaolin Master

lol are you just silly or having a go?
    Please tell me your post was sarcastic?
    You REALLY think your style is correct and we all learnt from your linage?
    hehe errrr ok whatever
    Im sure your right and YLC had no mind of his own to utalise his brain in the creation of his hand

"The Zhao Bao 2 man set also predates the Yang one and was probably the concept which made the Yang style develop one."
    * hehe oh yes... Who would have thought of creating a two man set before the Zhan Bao village

"Postures mean nothing unless understood."
    * 'Postures' mean little full stop. Tai Chi was not created for 'posing'.

"Wu Style has some of the best training methods for push hands."
    * Agreed and its a centiment often repeated to me from my own sifu. Nothing against Wu Style or any other here, its all the same to me.

"Yang emphasises the postures often too much (of course there are exceptions I doubt William Ho is an exception though)."
    * lol are you trying to insult my sifu?
    Then again only you would know of what my instructor has or does not. Your Tai Chi comes from the great Zhao Bao village, certainly you ARE the 'shaolin master'
    Im glad you picked up his name... After publishing over 200 articles on his arts and being a well respected member of the Chinese community with many friends in many places due to his constant charity work im sure your not the only one.

"So go and play sword ( I am sure you mean form as you'd never learn to use it )"
    * You just keep thinking that Its proberly safer for you in your little box.

"I am just playing also."
    * Rubbish!
    If you have something to say, say it.
    Dont hide behind your little shelter please come right out.
    I dont even know who you are...
    My post was very obviously made in jest and came with a large disclaimer stating it was mainly personal observation and experience.
    Why bother trying to pretend you know my teacher?
    You think you can somehow scare me with insulting him?
    Ill drop your name to him tommorow and see what he has to say about you, should prove interesting... Wu Chan Long correct?
    My money says he has never heard of you.
    Last edited by jon; 09-16-2002 at 07:19 AM.
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

While I have many opinions on the origin arguments let me just comment on the Yang two person form. I doubt the Zhaobao origin as Fu Zhongwen said it was created by Dong Yingjie and Chen Weiming, students of YCF with no ties to Zhaobao.
    "The heart of the study of boxing is to have natural instinct resemble the dragon" Wang Xiangzai

Put a line to catch a fish and you catch a whole school of fish how nice it is.........some can give but cannot recieve Of course I am just playing someone has to and Jon, you have so why can't I....???

Please ignore my comments (at your pleasure) as nothing is proved, but I can say that in Zhao Bao we have differing versions and in China this is more widely recognised after materials have been scrutinised. It is for this reason that Zhao Bao is now recognised as a major key style along with Yang, Chen, Wu, Wu, Sun......Also, note I did not say it originated, I said the idea may have derived from it.....

No, not trying to insult him just toying with you .....I have actually sat on the same table as you at one time..... be cool don't fret, whats up you aren't practising Hung ga any longer?

Of course he knows me (not by name....not as Wu Chan Long.....).
    My Shi Di is your Shi Xiong.........the developer of the website
    www.ancestraltaichi who now practices Wu Style Tai Ji instead!

The one who performed He Quan at Market City, the one who does lion dances.....etc.....no one "knows" me as I don't like all the attention but when they see me they "know" ....

be happy peps../..

I'll post more academically a little later....

Wu Chan Long
    JiangXi Prov, PRC

Shaolin Master

Nice to see a kinder tone in your post.
    Im not sure exactly what you where trying to prove but maybe my sence of humour is simply different to yours.
    Your actual statement about the two man form and the kicking i DO find interesting. It was only the context in which it was made that annoyed me.
    To MY knowledge the two man form is an OLD set, although this is disputed by YCF youngest son. Many of the older students claim it predates YCF, this would certainly not supprise me.

"My Shi Di is your Shi Xiong.........the developer of the website"
    * hmm not sure EXACTLY what you mean by 'shi di' and 'shi' xiong'.
    The creator of that website is a very nice man but ive unfortunately never had the pleasure of meeting him at training.
    If your implying he is my senior and your junior then your barking up the wrong tree. I respect mostly the students who actualy show up, there are many 'older' students whos skill is not exactly first rate yet they still like to pretend they are above and beyond. We mainly just let them, sifu respects hard work above all else.
    I can only name one of My sifus older generation students who ive met who has good skill in his hand and his skill is not really fighting related. Still his form is great. Still im sure there must be others i have not met. I know there are a couple of good ones back in China and Taiwan as well.

Does this make you a practioner of Choy Lay Fut then? If so i might be starting to catch on who you are.

"whats up you aren't practising Hung ga any longer?"
    * Too much to eat at one time leaves you bloated...
    I would certainly like to finish off my Hung training. Sifu Awad is a very skilled man and will always have my respects. Still Hung does not suit me like the internals do and i find the internals easyer to apply.

Anyway please enough hostility between you and I. This has happened before and I dont really understand the reason. If you actualy HAVE an issue with me then please feel free to come and see me in person and we can talk like gentlemen instead of passing notes over the internet like children.

Happy training, hope your enjoying your trip
    Jon
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

We are all individuals so of course we all differ in sense of humour. So if we try and accept each others sense of humour maybe offenses would not get in the way.

I started studying Zhao Bao Taijiquan back in 1986 with my teacher and have recently continued my studies as my teacher did not practice all the weapons (there are soo many) that the Zhao Bao village contains (I was missing the long axe and Kwan Dao). So I have returned to complete my studies (framework, and Weapons) at Zhao Bao village with uncles as well as to build further relationships around China.

I used to teach in Sydney and now I have also started teaching at the request of the local government some students here in China at the JiangXiShi University Bajiquan, shaolinquan and other styles.

Jon I have no issues with you, also I won't be back to Sydney for a few years so you have plenty of time to become excellent at Baguazhang and Taijiquan.

Sorry , I have never studied Choy Lay Fut in my life (probably one of the few I haven't studied). I do practice Hung Kuen of the guangdong regions (some call it village hung ga).

Wu Chan Long

PS : Please email when you have time
    sifu@authenticshaolin.com

Shaolin Master

Agreed regarding the humour issue, especialy where culture is also concerned. My sifu never understands my humour and i sometimes have a hard time getting his. I just dont understand how him punching me in the nose is actualy funny, anyway i digress

I hope to go to China myself with my sifu before tooooo long however making arrangements and getting time is proving complicated. Plus organising with the people my sifu needs to meet up with while we are there. Still when i do make it i hope to be able to have a look around at all of the differing varients and strains of Tai Chi exist. The world would be a VERY boring place if we all studied the same styles.

Glad to hear you have found some students to teach, i would love to teach (traditional) myself one day. Still i have a way to go before i can call myself that standard.

Im glad to hear there are no issues, im sometimes a little jumpy with regards to certain issues and certain people. Im sure its just a miscommunication.
    Still im sorry to hear you will be out of Sydney for a while, i hope when you get back we can sit at the same table again. Maybe this time we will know who each other is and actualy have a conversation

Im just trying to put a face to you and the guy i was thinking of is a Choy Lay Fut sifu. Still i think i may have an idea, where you wearing a suit on the night in question?

I didnt know you had practiced Hung Ga, i would love to see some of it one day if ever there is a chance.
    Anyway i will try to email but atm i dont actualy have my account online.
    Still it should be back up soon and i will try and get in contact.

All the best, happy training and i hope you find what you seek during your stay.
    Jon

- Huang Kai Vun

Wujidude,
    He used to practice Yang style.

Jon,
    cool that would be good, until that day (or if you do travel to China let me know where and when and we could catch up as well).......later.
    Last edited by Shaolin Master; 09-18-2002 at 10:05 PM.

Yang Lu Chan Form

Iam over half way done with memorizing the Yang Lu Chan, know Iam studying th Tai Chi Classics, to help get the details, and stuff I think next summer I will see one of Erles Students

I got his video tape, and books
    Last edited by dre_doggX; 10-09-2002 at 08:51 AM.

it's irrelevant what style you study - finding a good teacher in any style of TJQ is an achievement. Ultimately we're all travelling in the same direction - we're just bickering about which way is quickest or has the nicest views.

Chill out and rest assured that your style is the best

P.s Actually Yang style is the best and you all suck
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it

Smile Style I practice in Austin

My teacher's name is Jingyu Gu, he teaches Wu-Style from Beijing.
    Our form is very unique and practiced in America only by his students at the time (or if anyone from his lineage in China has come here ; he does not know of any as of yet).

His skill is very good, and stresses the importance of learning authentic taijiquan including push hands and that a martial aspect must be present as it is a key part of taijiquan. He does not however say that the martial aspect is primary, but also enourages daily qiqong practice.

He has changed my life forever (no kidding), this is for the good..

-Will