Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow. Interesting Internal Art Video Clips

Braden Guest

Wow. Interesting Internal Art Video Clips

Nice site. Well put together. Cheers Braden.
    Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

I am waiting for someone to say how sucky the takedown attempt was.

Merryprankster?
    Ryu?
    Anyone?

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

the takedown sucked

Actually, I liked the takedown, it reminds me of tani otoshi. I don't know if I like the way he stopped the double leg though...seems like the guy could plowed through him if he hadn't stopped driving his legs.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

the very last clip (water strider applications) was pretty **** cool.
    "heres to you as good as you are
    heres to me as bad as I am.
    But as good as you are,and as
    bad as I am,I'm as good as you are,
    as bad as I am"
    --
    "It's too bad my friend Chad's brother wasn't there, because he totally knows t'ai chi and sh*t."

Excellent stuff, liked the multiple attacker stuff, the guy has excellent movement.

With water strider application he was a bit flash, lots of wasted movements.
    He went to the outside and had the guys arm and went over the top to strike the head, but then switched under to elbow, and then switched all the around his lead leg for the throw.

From the head strike he should have taken the lead knee and put him in a reverse head-lock.

From the elbow he should have done a 'bow-and-arrow' chin na and taken him over his knee.

N.b. I definately don't think I'm better than him, I'm just critiquing the application as an exercise for my own learning (and sharing in the hope that someone else has some opinions.)

i especially liked

the music that went along with it

MRTWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    I liked the clips, he was very smooth
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

I didn't see all of em (stupid dialup! But I get cable next week!) however, I did really like the three on one clip, especially when he threw the one guy against the wall and while he still had the had, turned around and body checked him backwards. How did he do that without giving up a choke, though?
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Yeah, excellent clips and good site. Very nice ideas.

Re: the multiple attacker scenario, .. well, the attackers didn't really give all their greatest (that's what it seems like anyway), but I don't think that was the point. I think the point was more in demonstrating the principles of fighting multiple opponents. That was done very well. Very cool.
    "Once you get deeper into the study of Kung Fu you will realise that lineage and insulting others become more important than actual skill and fighting ability." -- Tai'ji Monkey

"Eh, IMO if you're bittching about what other people are doing instead of having intelligent (or stupid) conversation about kung fu or what your favorite beer is, you're spending too much time exploring your feminine side." -- Meat Shake

That multiple attacker clip was one of the more realistic ones I have seen.

From a development standpoint that site actually has a very poor layout.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

yes, the multiple attacker clip was nice...I especially like how he lightly kicked the guy in the foot near the end, and tripped him LOL

as for the water strider application, I just didn't like the way he pulled his arm all the way back to chamber his strike to the belly (I always look for short distance power). Anyway, his attack to the head, the one that sents the other guy's hair waving showed impressive control...

Overall, I think the clips are great...
    Risk 0 doesn't exist.

i think that strike was supposed to be a hit and an elbow.
    i'll have to go back and look again.
    as bad as I am"
    --
    "It's too bad my friend Chad's brother wasn't there, because he totally knows t'ai chi and sh*t."

yeah...pretty sure it's an elbow strike (he pulled it?) into a whipping forearm hit to the stomach. watch it closely in the slo mo.
    Last edited by neptunesfall; 09-10-2002 at 01:42 PM.
    as bad as I am"
    --

That Takedown

That takedown attempt would definately be like something you'd see in a real world fight in that it lacked any technique what-so-ever. The guy just dived in and tried to grab his waste. A trained "wrestler" would perform some kind of penetration step and grab behind the knees while staying centered and then driving through with his trailing leg to either to follow-up on a counter or to turn the guy to the ground.

BTW, I'm not attacking the guy. Somebody just asked for an opinion on the takedown. A pure BJJ could perform a 100% better "leg tackle" as that, and they mostly suck.
    Last edited by Ford Prefect; 09-10-2002 at 01:41 PM.