Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When homies attack...

Exclamation When homies attack...

I was riding to work @ 11:15 the other night (I work the graveyard shift in a 24hr store) when I popped my back tyre on my bike. So I was really in a foul mood and had to walk the four blocks to work. There's a bit where the path narrows due to roadworks that I had to push my bike along and as I did I saw a group of eight (I had time to count) Ozehomies coming up the path the other way.

*Note* Ozehomies are white, non americans who wear homie clothes, listen to black music and claim to identify with the struggle of black america. In short, they're nothing like the American breed, they are just try hard losers. And they like to fight people when the odds are distinctly in their favour. So I though "Oh Crap."

By the time I was within 10 feet of them I could smell the alcohol they'd been drinking and as they went past one of them deliberately shouldered me. I was ready for it (situational awareness I suppose ) and he just bounced off me and into one of his buddies. So then he starts yelling at me and basically spoiling for a fight. I knew I'd have no chance against eight guys but all I could remember is something I've read in a lot of MA mags: Don't look like a victim.

By this point his buddies had all gathered around, thankfully in front of me...I used the narrow walkway to keep them there...didn't want them behind me. I squared myself up to my full height (6'3) and gave this guy the same stare I give people when I'm about to hit them. And then I gave him a really cold ass smile. He took about three steps backwards, threw up his hands in a defensive motion, and said something like "Forget about it...only joking man" and they went on their way.

It mightn't have worked in all situations but these guys were looking for a victim and I showed them that I wasn't going to be one. I guess sometimes showing a willingness to fight and a psycho look can be self defence enough!
    In combat you sink to the level of your training. You do not rise to the occasion

ozehomies.... thankyou, now i have a name for them.

Thumbs up

Good.
    Prevention is the best way to cure a disease.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Thumbs down

"Ozehomies" well, they seem to have migrated to England!! i thought it was only us that had that kind of "homie"!? they are total idiots. i don't like them at all. Oh well, i musn't be "ghetto" enough! hehe
    K

well done glad it worked out ok

Thumbs up

glad ur ok, that coulda been nasty... i was in a similar situation one time (I'm only 5'10 and 150lbs) but thankfully 3 of my mates saw things and came over

david
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

what happened D? x
    K

Straight Blast

Of course you know that the "good grappler" response would be to immediately lie down on your back and spread your legs. Man that gaurd is intimidating. Hee-hee!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!There Is only 1 STUDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the time I was within 10 feet of them I could smell the alcohol they'd been drinking and as they went past one of them deliberately shouldered me. I was ready for it (situational awareness I suppose )

I would tend to think with good situational awareness, you would have simply gone another route after seeing them off in the distance. You did good, but be careful too because some of that will not work with some people.

Glad it all worked out though.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

Kay k: nothin gmuch happened, just some 'tough guys' walking along the streets of Wolverhampton when i was walking back form the bus station. It was a long time ago but than God for scary assed looking mates Was actually pretty scary as even when i tried to walk away they made it hard...

Ryu: agreed! The only reaosn i couldn't really avoid them is that they specifically went out of their way to come to me (i think because i had a large travel bag on me so it wa smore awkward).

david

Thumbs up

Hey david,I'll take it your okay now then. did you have to fight with them or did you just walk away?
    K

hi Kay k... i was walking away but they were making it hard... Thankfully 3 of my mates saw me and came over I didn't like the idea of getting beat up by 6 guys all that much...

hey, i gotta go now - maybe someday we could chat in the fighterschat room?

take it easy,
    david

"take it easy". Hun, you know i take it easy constantly! i'm glad your okay D and maybe we will chat in the fighters room sometime! take care, love kay xx
    Last edited by Kay k; 09-10-2002 at 07:53 AM.
    K

I had a friend who dressed like that, and listened to rap music.
    He called himself a 'whigger'.
    "Try to use that one legged crane stance when 50 sumo wrestlers are all around you, and then your going to get sumoed." - Ralek

I'm appalled to here that the negative aspects of my culture have creeped its way into europe. The last time that my boys delt with really thugged out dude two of my boys endded up in the hospital with staple in thier heads. But these guys had a bad rep and not some middle class white boy bull****, though they were white, the've actually shot people before rep. And the year before they broke both of my friends legs. But I find that these problems are more socio-economic problems not culture; culture is more of a byproduct. However in the case of foreigners and middle class suburbanites giving something they can't possibly understand a bad name, well tell'm that I'm come'n for em. I've got enough problems with hip hop at home. We don't need *******es abroad giving us a bad name, were quite good at doing that ourselves.