Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dressing Kungfu: Q&A

Cool dressing kungfu

how many of you ever walked around with a chinese suit on?, you know the jacket with the frog buttons. just curious because Ive seen some cool looking ones and im thinking of wearing one although i dont know what others reactions will be. i go to college so no one would probably care anyway but i think most people might think im all that and want to kick my but or something but i just like the fashion.

Re: dressing kungfu

Originally posted by jbmmaster
    how many of you ever walked around with a chinese suit on?, you know the jacket with the frog buttons. just curious because Ive seen some cool looking ones and im thinking of wearing one although i dont know what others reactions will be. i go to college so no one would probably care anyway but i think most people might think im all that and want to kick my but or something but i just like the fashion.
    Sometimes I wear a nice Chinese style shirt if I go out for a nice dinner somewhere. I've also worn them to college on occasion. I didn't get much in the way of looks or anything. I've got a few nice ones, so I don't see the point in not wearing them

I just have a couple for special occasions and Chinese New Year. Can't find any Qing dynasty ("Wong Fei Hong") robes.

I wear a flowing saffron robe and shaved head with incence burn spots to job interviews.

Just kidding! I actually go nude except for a bearskin cloak and a pair of double-headed bearded battleaxes.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Smile ill go for it

no sense in not dressing the way i like to, right.
    people will just call me bruce leroy but i think thats a cool name

thanks for replies

When I were in China, a really stupid moron from some club bought a chinese blouse for females He is SO stupid! They fooled him it was 4 men but everyone knew it was female fashion LOL.. he went around wearing it untill my sifu said he looked like a f@g Whadda tool..
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Dressing kung fu...
    I only do that when i have my trusty tai chi sword, and braided back hiar like Fei Hong.

I saw an interview a few years ago about a leading (Chinese) Hong Kong businessman who still wore traditional dress, and he was saying how the press ridiculed him about it.

It makes me wonder if there's some college student in China going to school dressed as a puritan.

i used to hav one...and it looked pretty cool...but wat i want is that Jet Li wore in Fist of legend...it look awesome too..
    i m getting that one for sure this month...
    -TkdWarrior-
    Knowledge, Like sex is better when it's free

KungFuFashion

every so often a co-worker or associate will travel to asia. If I'm lucky they'll come back with a "traditional" style shirt... I've got a few, even a Wong Fei Hung looking one... I dig 'em.

i wear one occasionaly

i have a brown 'kung fu' shirt/jacket...i just wear it open with a shirt or t-shirt underneath with jeans and Timbs...u gotta rock it correct and it looks fine. Just don't walk around lookin like Kung Fu Kenny expecting not to be ridiculed to death. Especially if you ain't Asian.

try here: Goodorient.com

In mildness is the strength of steel

fashion of fury

Strangely, my job requires that I occasionally dress so. In fact, this is the second job that has required it. I don't dress that way casually since it is my work clothes sometimes. It's like wearing a McDonalds hat when not flipping burgers for the clown. OK, it's not thaaat bad, but I do tend to avoid it, even though it is what many of my non-martial arts associates seem to expect of me.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I'm gonna go see some nice traditional Chinese clothes this weekend, but I'll most likely wear them only at home. However, it would be interesting to wear them at school too, but honestly I don't what people would think - not that I care or anything, but I guess it would be a bit odd from the other students' point of view. Heh.
    "Extra inch, extra power." -Tarm Sarm

PJs

I used to wear my old kungfu uniforms as pajamas. Comfy. I fugre that the only people who get to work in their pajamas in public are me and Hugh Hefner. These are particular comfy, once they break in... http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsma...dex-11-19.html
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Hey Gene,
    Speaking of Hugh, you should send him a complimentary set of the pajamas, and see if he'll hook you up with some of they bunnies for some more Got Qi chicks!!

~Wen~
    The greatest thing about me is that I know that I am the ONLY one that knows the truth about all! Damo lives within me, and me ONLY - for there is nobody that knows the truth more - so stick that in your pipe and smoke it sparky's!!!