Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dressing Kungfu: Q&A

Re: Modern Traditional Chinese Clothes

Ahh, so that's what a sarong is!

Originally posted by Stumblefist

Why do you care what other people think? If you like it wear it.
    If you're not willing to kick butt for your right to do so, maybe you're on the wrong forum.
    I agree with you.
    I am nothing.

Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
    I'll tell ya, it p!sses me off to no end that women can dress almost any way at all, and as long as the 'naughty bits' are covered, there's no more thought given to deeper implications than "looks good/formal/fun/whatever." On the other side of the coin, when men dress in any way not considered very typical, all kinds of assumptions are made.
    That's good. I'm compiling a list of why being a woman is preferable. So far I have,

1) Don't have to worry about an unexpected graze.

2) Don't have to worry about the size of my organ.

3) Don't have to figure out how to make a women happy.

4) Can dress however we please without fear of reprisal.

I think that third one is where you all REALLY got the short end of the stick. Guys are so easy to please there's almost no fun in it.
    He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak. - Montaigne

A couple of minutes of reflection and I'm taking it off the list.

We have to go out there and try to put together cute, semi-original outfits. Then you have all these weird skirts and blouses you are always trying to coordinate. It's a hassle.

For guys, dressing is a no-brainer.

Go ahead and be p!ssed off to no end. But there's a certain amount of responsibility that comes with freedom. Keep that in mind.
    He who establishes his argument by noise and command shows that his reason is weak. - Montaigne

Originally posted by eulerfan

1) Don't have to worry about an unexpected graze.

2) Don't have to worry about the size of my organ.

3) Don't have to figure out how to make a women happy.

4) Can dress however we please without fear of reprisal.
    Some guys don't have to worry about any of those things
    I am nothing.

eulerfan -

You did see that last sentence of my post that you're quoting, right? I'm not under any illusions about this subject.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

I like cheese also!!! ^_^ chang style novice

Glad to hear it. I don't recommend wearing cheese, though. Except in the most intimate situations...
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
    eulerfan -

You did see that last sentence of my post that you're quoting, right? I'm not under any illusions about this subject.
    I wasn't lecturing you about how bad women have it. I was telling you that you shouldn't be angry about this particular double standard. It's actually something of a blessing for you.

Ah, maybe. The fact remains that if you wear jeans and a t shirt to a picnic, you'll be fine. If I wear a sundress, I'll be gaybashed. If you wear a suit and tie (or as I call it, a leash) to a job interview, you'll be fine. If I wear a calf-length dress and button-down blouse, I'm not getting the job.
    Crippled Avenger

...er well I guess that depends on the job?

But you don't have to worry about what to wear to the job interview. Suit and tie. No muss, no fuss. That decision is made for you.

There's an upside.

That's all I'm saying.

Yeah, but ties are REALLY REALLY awful. About as bad as pantyhose.

Uh...

So I'm told.

Crippled Avenger

Now, that's nothing to be ashamed of. For those of you who don't know, on a really cold day, a pair of pantyhose under your pants will keep you as warm as your mother's bosom.

California is the place you want to be

You can dress anyway you like, in the right neighborhoods in SF. We're very open minded here.

Of course, the cost of living is way high, but that's just what you got to pay if you want to wear a dress, guys.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Originally posted by eulerfan
    Now, that's nothing to be ashamed of. For those of you who don't know, on a really cold day, a pair of pantyhose under your pants will keep you as warm as your mother's bosom.
    A really cold day?!!?

What alternate universe Houston TX do you live in?
    Crippled Avenger