Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nick Lo - Come get me.

EvolutionFist

Have you seen you Sifu fight?

If so, what did you think? Any surprises? What did 'you' take away from it?
    *There is no Rene. Understand that, then bend yourself.* Rene Ritchie

*I just meet what I would be if I wasd a hot women attracted to me* - Unity (posted on Kung Fu forum)

* You want more fight? (Jackie Chan)

No, I'm not privy to be around these situations yet. I'm hoping in a year or two I can have the honor of standing in, accpeting these things -- at least the hand-to-hand ones. My weapons skill is pretty non-existant at this time, it's not my area of focus.

The closest I've come to seeing my master in action was a few weeks ago when he found out I wanted to go to the tournament. He smacked me around a bit and though it was really nothing on his part, I could feel the power, and its potential.

His power at his age is amazing, but that's almost taken for granted by me now. What blew me away is how he shut me down. Any and every move by me was answered by a heavy blow. NO BLOCKING. My arms were taken out of striking position, but I was getting hit at the same time.

I'm just starting to understand it now, through Hsing-I horse, but a senior brother has made me privy to the fact that the technology we are working on is actually now E-chuan.

Pretty crazy stuff.

Anyway, that encounter humbled me out big time. No need for me to go to a tournament, because I still have a lot to learn.

I'm just thankful for having the opportunity to train with my master and training brothers/sisters. All good people. Great learning environment.

Hi EF

If you don't mind me asking, what are the characteristics of E-Chuan?

I understand it to be a blend of your Sifu's internal work. What are the principles, methods, attacking techniques, defending techniques?

With regards combat and power withheld, I've seen some amazing things from my Wing Chun Sifu. At demos he picks out senior students and asks them to attack (full power, as many shots as they like, whatever technique, nothing pre-arranged). He's completely relaxed and flowing, leaves them in a heap, never does more than give them the odd bruise or two. I've also witnessed the power he can create from zero distance.

Awesome.

*I just meet what I would be if I wasd a hot women attracted to me* - Unity (posted on Kung Fu forum)

Honestly, from what I have seen, E-Chuan is unbelievable. One has to see it.

But it has what everyone is looking for: hitting from a safe position, power, control. The most valuable thing I have gained from my master is understanding, the way I view hand-to-hand fighting.

I see the holes now. I see the targets better, and they are everywhere along the attacking object.

Please, don't get me wrong. I'm just starting to see the light. I have a long way to go. But, on the other hand, my master's method is quite easy to learn. In less then two years my attitude has been completely transformed. He told me when I started that he could make me a good fighter in 2 years -- but that a MA will take a lifetime. I'll be there two years in February, and see how much more I have to learn, so I think he was right.

You sifu sounds sick as well. I like WC. I think you guys and S. Mantis are the best of the Southern First hands down.

Yep

The thing that gets me most about my sifu is... I don't know... 'melting' would be the best word to describe it. I've seen some WC in other schools, and they're pretty good at what they do, but my sifu feels as though he's not there.

You fling in heavy shots and he melts around them - feels like your punching air You know the shots are on target, you've thrown them quick... he just blends)... until he hits you back... then you know he's there!

Once he's bridged, he has a reference point. He'll be looking at the class (not the student he's demonstating on) and is talking through a point, and will throw very powerfull attacks that he then stops an inch away from your face (on lands but contains the power so you feel like he's lightly brushing you). Once he's bridged (stuck), he doesn't need to see you to know where your vital points/open spaces are and where you're trying to go.

Something else, man.

I'm in the UK, so I doubt if I'll get to see your Sifu. If you can ever capture his movements on tape, I'd love to see it sometime. He sounds high level for sure.