Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nick Lo - Come get me.

Jiang Jian Ye

does anyone have any bio on this guy c'os the more of him I see in the back of magazines the more I am weary of him. I do actually agree with the comment suggesting Jack of all trades -master of none. He calls himself a Taiji Master aswell as a master of a hundred and one other arts. I feel that its pushing the boat out a bit to expect people to believe he has mastered all these arts.
    Im sorry but I don't feel you are ever gonna master Taiji with modern watered down competition styl wushsu sets, not in a million years. I would of thought like all great masters his reputation would of proceeded him and that he wouldn't need such advertising, but no he has do it through the medium of a hundred and one videos in the back of a magazine, very interesting eh!!??
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith

Nick Lo

I should not have attacked you personaly and im not really sure why i did. You are proberly right on the money and its simply me trying to get back at you for past comments. You are right my Bagua sifu is now my main teacher, however i still feel a LOT of loyalty to my former sifu. He built my base, he will always mean a lot to me.
    Still that does not really excuse my attacking you THIS time so i will simply appologise.

I may not agree with you methods and occasionaly i find your posts offensive as i dont really believe in trying to start linage wars over the internet. Still your buisness is your own and i should not interfear.
    Again you have my appologies and thank you for your meatured response.
    I dont agree with what your doing but its not my place to stick my neck out either.

All the best
    Jon

PS San Shao is comming along nicely, appart from the constant being beaten about the head and body part
    Last edited by jon; 09-12-2002 at 06:09 AM.
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

If you could ask him how I could learn that many style in my life time please get back to me because i want to know his secret.
    Well, with good basics and a good memory it's not unreasonable that he's learned all those forms. My old coach used to be able to memorize a routine with at least one basic application for each movement in a day or two. Now being an expert in each style is another matter entirely ;-) Actually, most of what I saw are basically modern wushu competition routines(not something JJY made up). The one video of his I actually watched in full, the form was completely legitiamate, but... his performance was absolutely horrible. It was still usable though.

Im sorry but I don't feel you are ever gonna master Taiji with modern watered down competition style wushsu sets, not in a million years.
    Agreed. modern competition routines are still incomplete representations of the style and are only meant for competition or to give a basic overview of what a style is like. They defenitely can't replace the original stuff.

Nick Lo, I'm not EVER going to let this rest.

You have insulted my teacher, a man who would KICK YOUR ASS so hard you would probably not live through it. I shall kick your ass for him.

In Hunan Province, Seng Men is known for kicking people's asses. You're going to find out the hard way how it's done.

Your sifu? Who is he? If he agrees with you too, I'll kick HIS ass.

C'mon, coward. FACE ME. Come face me whenever you want. And if you can't do that, give me an address so I can go there.

Rory, San Diego is not far from Phoenix.

I think we should meet so that you can show me how what I learned is absolutely "fake". I want to see YOU kick my ass too.

Give me a year to get established here. Then I'll go see you since you DEFINITELY won't dare come out here.

You, like Nick Lo, have drawn my ire as well. And we will settle this IN PERSON.

hehe ahah Come on over to San Diego I can see the paper now
    "Arizona man attacks area teen.......teen wins"

Calm Down Guys.....

OK guys, I think it's time to calm down. Huang, you don't need to prove anything, especially since you don't even know these people. Nick & Rory, you have never even seen Huang's Kung Fu, how can you make a realistic judgement on him because you "THINK" his sifu's a fraud? Plain and simply, you can't. So please, just calm down now!

Jason
    館術國勇威 Wei Yong Martial Arts Association
    戰挑的權霸統傳 The Challenge for Traditional Supremacy
    http://www.weiyongkungfu.com

Okay i should provide some evidence for my accusation go and look a taichi magazine or there internet sight and count how many styles he knows if you can honestly tell me that a person could know that many then please do

Okay i should provide some evidence for my accusation go and look a taichi magazine or there internet sight and count how many styles he knows if you can honestly tell me that a person could know that many then please do
    Holy ****!!!! I happened to have the Wayfarer Publications catalog sitting next to me and decided to count how many vids he had out...

Jiang Jian-ye has 131 videos on Wushu/Qigong for sale!!!!!

I'm not even going to try and devide them up by style

You're in for the fight of your life, Rory.

We'll do this.

can someone tell me how many styles this guy allegedly knows

Last one, for REAL this time

Okay, last post, for REAL this time.

I don't know that I made myself all that clear.
    I've run into some wushu people before, and the way they do it in Chinese universities is to teach the principles of multiple styles and the forms that go along with.

My beef isn't with Jiang Jian Ye. It's not uncommon for people to know all the compulsory routines- from longfist to wushu mantis; government bagua to modern taiji.

I was just trying to point out how convenient it is that Huang names only one teacher; and that teacher just happens to be the guy with 131 videos out.

Raise your hand if you think he ever went to anymore than a seminar held by this man...............................................
    Nice to see you all with hands in pockets.

Also, if he claims that guy as his sifu, he's got no business disrespecting modern style; claiming traditional style, or even speaking on the capabilities of traditional.

He|| he said he could recognize neijia stylists (and thus taiji people) from their combat stance. I thought most taiji people fought from wuji, and wouldn't that negate what wuji is all about?

Jiang Jian Ye just appears to be a government wushu professor putting out textbooks on video. Maybe it's a lot of styles but he's probly got the government-published textbooks to back him up.

Just don't want this discussion to become a Jiang Jian Ye bashing session- let's keep that focus on Huang.

Okay I'll shut up now, for real...
    Last edited by Nick Lo; 09-13-2002 at 04:57 AM.

No, don't stop posting and flaming.

Tell you what, Nick Lo. Why don't you CALL Jiang Jianye and ask him how long I studied with him?

I've known Jiang for the last 7 years, and he and his wife will tell you so.

I studied modern style with Jiang, and I respect it tremendously. In fact, it's the combat applications of the modern stuff I learned from Jiang that I intend to unleash on you and Rory - and anybody else who is dumb enough to face me and say my tai chi is fake to my face.

C'mon, Nick Lo. Give me some contact information so that we can settle this in person.

look peeps

Please stop the fighting. This not the way to solve this! Look, this is a forum not a ring, so keep the threats down!
    館術國勇威 Wei Yong Martial Arts Association
    戰挑的權霸統傳 The Challenge for Traditional Supremacy
    http://www.weiyongkungfu.com

For YOUR sake, tao of wushu, I WILL stop.