Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: all 9/11 and related american political threads, merged here

OT:What are you all doing to remember 9/11 1 year later?

If anything.

This week I had to explain to my 5 year old what happened as he's suddenly become aware of it.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Re: OT:What are you all doing to remember 9/11 1 year later?

Originally posted by rogue
    This week I had to explain to my 5 year old what happened as he's suddenly become aware of it.
    That's harsh.

I think that no matter what any of you do, the main thing is to remember.

"It is the doom of men that they forget."
    (Excalibur)

Stay safe all.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    hmm... class started at 7:30 i think
    I woke up around 9 something (yeah i did skip class ), took a **** and turned on the tv while drinking something (pepsi maybe), while changing channels i saw this building with smoke and thought, heh a bomb must have been. A little later the second tower was hit.
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

What was harsh was when my kid got out of bed came downstairs and saw the pictures of the people jumping out of the windows. That was tough to explain.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

How did you explain it?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

Not very well. I don't think I did. For the rest I kept it simple and just called the terrorists bad guys. He says that his friends and him have talked about it at school so I guess they're all pretty aware of what happened and at an age to ask questions. Nobody said fatherhood would be easy.

DM

Definitely a tough call.

A friend of mine has two little kids. A few months ago she heard all this laughter and racket and went upstairs to see what was up. Her kids had made big lego "towers" and were stoving their model aeroplanes into them, smashing lego bricks across the room and wrecking the planes and laughing their arses off.

What are you supposed to do?

Trying to forget, notice where I live.
    "We are not the first/
    who, with best meaning/
    have incurr'd the worst"

King Lear

Man that sux Sepent, I'd feel like guano if my kids did that. Did they try to explain 9/11 to the kids after that?

I explained to my oldest what happened last year and he did OK with the information. So far the youngest is doing OK, we went through and looked at the pictures in some magazines I had of what happened. No nightmares or anything, just looked, got serious and a little sad and asked if we got the bad guys.

Speak of the devil, got to put the little fella back in bed. One of the perks of being a dad.
    Last edited by rogue; 09-04-2002 at 09:24 PM.

DM

Yeah, she had a long talk with them and explained that it was bad guys in the planes and that they were hurting innocent people and wrecking lives and happiness and it's not something the kids should be play-acting. It was quite cool actually, cos she then suggested that they play-act being firemen and policemen and pretend to save people from the bad guys and be heroes instead of pretending to be the bad guys.

Now she's crapping herself because her little boy wants to be a fireman now! LOL! He's only 7 (or is it 6? Can't remember) so nothing to worry about yet.

She's a great mum. Shame the prick that calls himself their dad isn't half the parent she is, but that's another story.

Angry

Well, this 9/11 I'm going to try to actually celebrate on my birthday. I was just glad to get home last year. I am really not looking forward to my birthday ever again.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Nothing wrong with being a fireman. The last 3 generations of my family have been Boston firemen and none of gotten hurt on the job...

What are you all doing to remember 9/11 1 year later?

Killing some american tourists and a round of mini-golf? Don't worry, only jesting nah but I'll probebly just have a regular day, nothing special since it did not affect me or any that I know of. Just glad it didn't happen here. Take care all!

peace
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

I was thinking of going to visit the Shanksville PA crash site which is twenty minutes north of my house.
    Tapped Out

I am going to work as usual. I will be wearing a Star of David Pendant- (I am a Kahanist Gentile), and an American Flag Belt Buckle. I will clock the first diaper head that gives me a dirty look.