Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT Japan's Imperial succession issue is now resolved

OT Japan's Imperial succession issue is now resolved

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14680667/

don't know if anyone else was interested in this story but i had been hearing about it for a while now and was curious to see what would happen.

monarchies are a pointless waste.

people who think they are divinely entitled to rule over others have issues and it doesn't fit with the day and age.

so, in summary, who gives a whoop about japans neutered royalty, or anyone elses for that matter.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    monarchies are a pointless waste.

people who think they are divinely entitled to rule over others have issues and it doesn't fit with the day and age.

so, in summary, who gives a whoop about japans neutered royalty, or anyone elses for that matter.
    So says the man whose country is beholden to the House of Windsor....

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

Not familiar with the US Senate, are we?
    SevenStar: It's hilarious seeing people's reactions when they see a big, black dude with a sword walking toward them.

Masterkiller: Especially when they're at the ATM.

WTF? How did we go from the White Haired Devil strangling and beating guys to death in a teahouse, to Mr Miyagi and Jhoon Rhee?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    So says the man whose country is beholden to the House of Windsor....
    hey, im all for a tea party up here too. we made a gap in 80 and now we should just make the clean break. but alas, i am not a politician and it escapes me as to how to go about getting complete independence from the commonwealth.

as far as i know, our taxes don't go to the uk in anyway, not sure why we retain the allegiance in that respect. the sun needs to set on the british empire at some point and Im all for starting with canada. If India can do it why not us?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

i was just gonna say..people who think they are divine to rule over others, they use it as a legimate reason to be able to rule over others.

If you said you were the chosen one, (like jesus) you have all these people following you.

Its like the kung fu mysterical crap. It just gives them legitmate.

im not sure we can comment on this with the same outlook your average japanese citizen can.

we may not care, we may think its stupid.

we are not japanese, no matter how much we think we can step in thier shoes. we will not FEEL the same.

it is a big deal so some people. namely the japanese not the nonjapanese
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Yeah I never really got that, the whole 'divine' rule thing.

I mean, these people got into power usually by being warlords, and then started kingdoms. Then they suddenly say they have 'divine' rule? And pass it to their kids?

???

actually the third emperor of japan had the "history" of the imperial line taken onto parchment

the first emperor was a half breed of a human woman and the god that created the islands of japan.

according to japanese history the emperor is part god.

so your talking about a civilization who BELIEVED this. not just pretended but actually believed. this is hard for many people to understand. now the tradition is near as important as when they believed thier emperor was a god. its part of the culture. not really our place to say whether they should or shouldnt have an emperial succession for sake of tradition...

such as the emperial line in china was believed to be part dragon. the first emperor was said to have a dragons tail.

this is why the emperors where held be hind a screen and never allowed to be looked upon.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan View Post
    so your talking about a civilization who BELIEVED this. not just pretended but actually believed. this is hard for many people to understand. now the tradition is near as important as when they believed thier emperor was a god. its part of the culture. not really our place to say whether they should or shouldnt have an emperial succession for sake of tradition....
    Okay. Somebody wrote it on paper so everybody believes it.

It really seems like humans must have some sort of 'God gene' or something that makes them want to follow other people.

Like dogs or something. Otherwise how can you explain the obsession with movie stars, Royalty and all that? It must be hard-wired someplace.

well, from a christian societies viewpoint, we all have divinity within us. We are created in god's image and we are given free will.

Not only that, but in the bible, the gods argue amongst themselves about how we will become just like them from eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

and so, to avoid taht we become completely like them, they removed the tree of immortality from our grasp.

but, perhaps we will even come to know taht as well seeing as the tree of knowledge would seem to preclude that eventuality anyway.

so, namaste all. lol I recognize and respect the divinity in you as that same divinity that is within me.

we, as beings, create. everything springs forth from our minds and wills. there is nothing to show who and what we are without that. pretty divine if you ask me.

and and being backwards in ways and thoughts doesn't mean it's right or worth keeping. probably more worthwhile to correct misconceptions.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    Okay. Somebody wrote it on paper so everybody believes it.

It really seems like humans must have some sort of 'God gene' or something that makes them want to follow other people.

Like dogs or something. Otherwise how can you explain the obsession with movie stars, Royalty and all that? It must be hard-wired someplace.
    thats just how it goes.

every civilization has had thier gods and dieties.

dont ask me, i dont worship anything....
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

I don't really get what causes some people to just follow what they've been taught and believe it, and other people to think for themselves.

That would seem to be an important issue, given the issues around the world faced by terrorism and religion, and people believing stuff just because they're told without any proof or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan View Post
    thats just how it goes.

every civilization has had thier gods and dieties.

dont ask me, i dont worship anything....

Yeah, you do.

Like people following there sifu and ancestors???