Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

Thread: all 9/11 and related american political threads, merged here

Quote Originally Posted by cam View Post
    C'mon Kymus, don't you realize that it was all just a coincidence!
    That and the fact that just about everyone in any position of authority in the US are a bunch of bumbling incompetent idiots.
    Just look at the results of Hurricane Katrina, if that wasn't a total cluster****, it should convince anyone of the total failure of your government institutions....Oh wait that was all a coincidence too

OKay let the character assination begin
    You're right, it's just coincidence that Hitler used the same tactics that Bush is using, and we all know that Bush is an infallable leader. Anyone who says different must be a scum sucking liberal that hates God and hates this country!! I don't need to research anything for myself because I know that right wing politicians never lie. If Emperor Bush says it was all coincidence, then it was.

(and a note for my little buddies: For the love of God, that link that I posted is provided for humor. It doesn't make me right, it doesn't make the government wrong, it doesn't make you wrong. Just thought I'd put up a disclaimer to avoid more theorisations. Have a nice day )
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

You and Rogue have already demonstrated to me that there is no point in it. Even if I were to give a long and detailed explanation, you both would still say “that’s wrong because of (theory)”. I should of learned my lesson the first hundred times: when people care more about their favourite poltical party than the truth (whatever it may be), there will be no progress. Honestly, I’ve never once seen a debate on 9/11 without the so-called debunkers throwing out a myriad of bullsh!t tactics. It's no different than explaining to a haughty practictioner your best move. Their response is always "Oh, well I'd just do that and...". Never gets anywhere.
    Perhaps another day I will take the time to show these poor arguments made by the supposed debunkers in detail.
    From the Kymus Blog which contains a reference to this thread.

And we'll be waiting a very long time for that day. By your own admission you haven't presented us with any details.

Creating strawman arguments, spinning things people have said and telling people they're wrong on a subject you know nothing about isn't explaining, it's called bullsh!t tactics.
    That's an assumption on your part, how do you know what MP or myself know or doesn't know?
    Last edited by rogue; 08-20-2006 at 04:17 PM.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

See, that’s another example of a strawman argument. Am I now demystifying this mysterious jargon that’s right there in the encyclopedia?
    Actually, what you did is precisely what you have done throughout your "debate." You have evaluated a statement without the context. You have attacked a specific thing while failing to refute the arc of the story. I made the comment to which you responded to demonstrate that the sort of "logic" you are engaged in is the sort of "logic" creationists engage in.

HOWEVER, in CONTEXT, it should have become clear that I was simply stating that you are embarking along the same fallacious argumentation.

That is not, in fact, a strawman. You are trying to poke holes in an argument by citing instances of weakness in that argument, such as information gaps, while ignoring the story arc. This is exactly how creationists argue. The fallacy committed by the creationists, and by you, is the argumentum ad logicam.

Since I seem to be having trouble communicating why I think your arguments are equivalent, allow me to 'splain.

The creationists cite specific instances where evolutionary theory has either failed to find complete evidence supporting their theory, or where evolutionary theory appears to contain impossible elements. They then state "Evolutionary theory is wrong and unreliable and unproven." This ignores an alternative: That the theory might be incorrect in part, but perhaps largely correct - and is therefore correct and reliable in the majority. They have successfully cited instances of doubt ie, gaps in our knowledge, but those instances to not, of themselves, negate the entire arc of Evolutionary Theory.

Similarly, you cite specific instances where the 9/11 story has failed to find complete evidence in support of that story, or where the story appears to contain impossible elements, such as:

I’ve seen lengthy discussions on this subject by engineers and physicists. Both are missing something.
    You successfully cite instances of gaps in our knowledge, but those instances do not negate the 9/11 story arc. They are not even suspicious, inherently.

On to the next part: Where you (paraphrasing here, don't want to get anybody confused) laugh at the people who throw burden of proof at you.

There is a very simple reason for this: When you suggest that the totality of the evidence DOES indicate government conspiracy, and state so, you have just made a proposition.

And what do we all remember from our days in debate and rhetoric, boys and girls? That it is the burden of the proposing side in the debate to prove its claims. This is why I say it is not enough to shoot holes in the theory, but that you need to present a coherent, workable story. By advocating a particular stance, you have changed your status from "critical skeptic," of the 9/11 theory, into the proposition. And, in so doing, the burden of proof is on you to demonstrate the validity of your claims. In legal terms, you have taken on the role of the prosecutor.

Now, if you are merely limiting your commentary to "critical skeptic," then I have misunderstood your position, and offer my apologies on that count - but maintain my criticism of your arguments - and acknowledge that you can quite properly occupy the role of the "defense." That is, you can punch holes in the official story all day long with glee.

But, if you are actually advocating the proposition, then you must go beyond punching holes to make your point. You must actually prove your point before anybody should be expected to take it seriously. And so far, all I see are some holes that do not invalidate the story arc, and of which there are majority expert interpretations supporting the official story arc, opposed by a few rather noisy dissenters. I also see some coincidences that some might take as "evidence" that the government was involved. In legal parlance, it would be circumstancial evidence - and what I have seen is not nearly strong enough to make the case.

Note: Lest somebody try to nail me with appeal to authority/majority, citing consensual, expert opinion on a subject is hardly considered fallacious in a debate.... after all, how do you think scientific consensus is reached? I will admit that that consensus can be wrong, however, and the fullness of time would presumably bear that out.

And, if you are merely implying that foul play is afoot along the "something fishy is going on here," lines, then that is your opinion, and while I think worth entertaining as a conversation piece, hardly rises to the level of either of the above circumstances.

Regarding Unions, I'm not sure I was clear:

With respect to your discussion of my "hypocrisy." I stated at the beginning of my postings regarding "Unions committed 9/11" that the purpose of the story was to demonstrate how easily the argumentum ad ignoratum can be constructed. I don't know how you could possibly have thought that this:

Mind you, there's no evidence for it, but I never intended there to be. I think it might make for a good novel - or maybe even the Godfather IV.
    was anything other than acknowledging that the "Union Theory" was a spurious invention, designed only to make a point. I have no intention of spreading this around as some sort of alternative theory. It exists only to show the ease with which a good, non-falsifiable fiction can be built. It is one fundamental problem with conspiracy that any evidence contradicting "their" story only shows you the depths/heights to which the conspirators go to cover up the "truth," or the depths/heights of the "stupidity/credulity of the herd." Never mind the neo-con like Argumentum ad Baculum....

Of course, the mainstream approach of calling conspiracy theorists crazy isn't much better.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    From the Kymus Blog which contains a reference to this thread.

And we'll be waiting a very long time for that day. By your own admission you haven't presented us with any details.
    If you want to think that I do not base my words on things that I can prove, go right ahead. It really doesn't matter to me any.

That's an assumption on your part, how do you know what MP or myself know or doesn't know?
    It's painfully obvious on this subject.
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Merryprankster View Post
    Actually, what you did is precisely what you have done throughout your "debate." You have evaluated a statement without the context. You have attacked a specific thing while failing to refute the arc of the story.
    When someone uses a strawman argument, there's no argument there to begin with. Did that somehow escape you?

I made the comment to which you responded to demonstrate that the sort of "logic" you are engaged in is the sort of "logic" creationists engage in.
    Did you somehow miss what I was trying to explain?

HOWEVER, in CONTEXT, it should have become clear that I was simply stating that you are embarking along the same fallacious argumentation.
    A fallacious argument eh? Funny, I'm not the one creating conspiracy theories about ooky spooky "jargon", now am I?

That is not, in fact, a strawman. You are trying to poke holes in an argument by citing instances of weakness in that argument, such as information gaps, while ignoring the story arc.
    I'm sorry MP, but your precious little strawman arguments are not real arguments, they are phoney arguments that are meant to appear as a valid retort. it doesn't work like that, sorry

This is exactly how creationists argue. The fallacy committed by the creationists, and by you, is the argumentum ad logicam.
    Interesting that when you use jargon it's okay, but me? Nahhhh, can't have that.

The creationists cite specific instances where evolutionary theory has either failed to find complete evidence supporting their theory, or where evolutionary theory appears to contain impossible elements.
    My step father is very active in this. He has dozens of evolution-debunking books. His entire argument is a strawman. If you're trying to claim that my argument is somehow a strawman, then you are again lying.

[quote[Similarly, you cite specific instances where the 9/11 story has failed to find complete evidence in support of that story, or where the story appears to contain impossible elements, such as:[/quote]

Typically, you only get part of this right and fill the rest with the theory that sounds best. Better luck next time!

You successfully cite instances of gaps in our knowledge, but those instances do not negate the 9/11 story arc.
    I'm sorry, but if I honestly believed that just cause I knew of gaps in the official story that you didn't that it somehow made me right and you wrong, that would be a strawman argument. I don't need them, you do. I am simply demonstrating your massive level of ignorance on this subject and how it is incredibly absurd that you tell others they are wrong on a subject you obviously know next to nothing about.

They are not even suspicious, inherently.
    Of course. Nothing in the world is wrong with Bush subsequently protecting 9/11 hijackers. Naaah. Bush is great, I think we should throw a party for every single piece of legislation he issues that attacks the Bill of Rights

On to the next part: Where you (paraphrasing here, don't want to get anybody confused) laugh at the people who throw burden of proof at you.
    I have no problem backing my claims. I strongly believe that anyone who makes any claim should back it. The "burden of proof" argument, as I have seen it applied atleast, is always used as an excuse by the intellectually lazy. It's a tool used so that they can sit there and tell someone they are wrong into infinity without actually having to produce a single shred of evidence that debunks the claims or sources provided by the other person. Perhaps when you say burden of proof, you mean is should apply to anyone who makes a comment? If that is your stance, I agree. But the problem is that I have never seen this work that way.

There is a very simple reason for this: When you suggest that the totality of the evidence DOES indicate government conspiracy, and state so, you have just made a proposition.
    let me guess: the typical response of the intellectually lazy and moronically partisan: "burden of proof"?

And what do we all remember from our days in debate and rhetoric, boys and girls? That it is the burden of the proposing side in the debate to prove its claims.
    The burden of proof rests on anyone who makes a comment. I acknowledge that I have provided .01% of the massive evidence that has been collected against the Bush Administration; but you must've had your eyes closed all those times I explained why I'm not going to bother to go into it in detail. Ever debate a Liberal concerning Clinton? I have. It doesn't get very far. Yourself and Rogue are no different. I've wasted my time in the past with such people, and I care not to do it again. If you were honestly interested in truth, you would of researched this issue a long time ago.

This is why I say it is not enough to shoot holes in the theory, but that you need to present a coherent, workable story. By advocating a particular stance, you have changed your status from "critical skeptic," of the 9/11 theory, into the proposition. And, in so doing, the burden of proof is on you to demonstrate the validity of your claims. In legal terms, you have taken on the role of the prosecutor.
    I never said it was enough to just shoot holes. But I won't ever put it past you to inject theory to create something that's more acceptable for you.

Now, if you are merely limiting your commentary to "critical skeptic," then I have misunderstood your position, and offer my apologies on that count - but maintain my criticism of your arguments - and acknowledge that you can quite properly occupy the role of the "defense." That is, you can punch holes in the official story all day long with glee.
    I already explained my stance a number of posts ago. Would you like me to get the exact # for you?

But, if you are actually advocating the proposition, then you must go beyond punching holes to make your point.
    I am advocating that people do their own research and throw away their very, very pathetic partisan stances.

You must actually prove your point before anybody should be expected to take it seriously.
    Don't take me seriously, I honestly couldn't care less. If you were interested in the truth more than party leanings, you wouldn't still be supporting the criminal. Same goes for all the little Clinton supporters.

And so far, all I see are some holes that do not invalidate the story arc, and of which there are majority expert interpretations supporting the official story arc, opposed by a few rather noisy dissenters. I also see some coincidences that some might take as "evidence" that the government was involved. In legal parlance, it would be circumstancial evidence - and what I have seen is not nearly strong enough to make the case.
    You can research it for yourself. There's more than enough resources out there. I'm sure you hold more alliegance to the Bill of Rights than to your preconcieved notions of what is and is not true on this subject.

Regarding Unions, I'm not sure I was clear
    Clear enough to get your theory of me wrong. You can think I am a liar/fool/crazy all you want, but I don't like it when people get totally wrong the vast majority of the 9/11 Truth movement because of their misunderstanding based on ignorance.

It exists only to show the ease with which a good, non-falsifiable fiction can be built.
    Anyone who honestly thinks that just because they can create a percievingly infallable story thus makes it true and makes the official story wrong is an idiot and obviously knows nothing about personal research.

It is one fundamental problem with conspiracy that any evidence contradicting "their" story only shows you the depths/heights to which the conspirators go to cover up the "truth," or the depths/heights of the "stupidity/credulity of the herd." Never mind the neo-con like Argumentum ad Baculum....
    Tell me MP, is it accurate when someone says that all conservatives base their arguments on bullsh!t talking points just cause that's what the discredited media pundits do? I really don't think so. In fact, I've met some very intelligent conservatives that know their facts. Why do you use such broad brush tactics? Hasn't politics taught you that it's always inacurate when used? I'm no expert on conspiracy theories as I don't read about UFOs or anything like that. But I can tell you that it's quite a gross misunderstanding for you to claim that all conspiracies follow this tactic you mention. This would then apply to real conspiracies such as the military operations I mentioned previously as well as any main-stream recognised instance of the hegelian dialectic (do I need to explain what that means again??).

Of course, the mainstream approach of calling conspiracy theorists crazy isn't much better.
    I believe in researching something and then using that to determine whether someone is right or wrong. Many are still trying to comprehend this and until then will rely on such 5th grader tactics as you mentioned.

I'm now at the LMAO stage.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

***I HAVE HEAVILY EDITED THE BELOW***

Did anybody ever see the SNL episode where they parody Adm Stockdale (RIP) at the vice presidential debate?

All he does is stare blankly at the screen and shout

"GRIDLOCK!"

Everytime anybody asks him a question (or even if they don't).

You could make the same sketch with kymus up there, only he would shout

"STRAWMAN"

LOL at "partisan" since you have zero idea what my political leanings are.

Again, you've brought nothing to the party but a bunch of what you perceive to be holes in the official story and what you perceive to be circumstantial evidence.

You can't/won't offer up a coherent alternative theory of the crime, yet appear (since you won't come out and say it) to make the leap that "Gee, the government must have been involved."

And then you insist we take you seriously. There is no reason to take you seriously. Undermining an argument is not the same as making one, and I personally, have seen no good undermining. There is, in truth, not one shred of conclusive evidence in the conspiracy theorists favor. There is innuendo, leaps of "intuition," and pseudo-science, all informed first and foremost by the assumption that the government or some other entity committed a conspiracy. It's a giant circular argument, resting on the unproven assumption that the government lied....and the corollary assumption that the thousands of people that would have had to have been involved kept quiet, having no clear motivation to do so, and that the OVERWHELMING majority of academics and experts of the world who have studied this issue in depth, and agree with the official story arc are all either corrupted or stupid.

Yes! That must be it! Only the messianic few, with a handful of experts and circumstantial evidence, who do not agree with the international experts' consensus have the truth while the rest of the world is stupid, brainwashed or corrupt!

Pathetic.

Unless, of course, you become a major religion.

Never mind that the argument construction is begging the question anyway. The government lies so we can't trust the official story, so the official story proves the government lied about 9/11...

For the record, when I paint in "broad brush strokes," I am doing exactly that. IN GENERAL, those are the sorts of things that conspiracy theorists do. Whether or not they specifically apply TO YOU or any other person is a case by case basis.

The good news is that we NEED conspiracists and people like them. We NEED people who have strongly held, differing opinions from the mainstream, or else the human race would be stagnant. But that's a **** far cry from being right.

I will admit that what you lack in logic, despite your appeals to jargon (I used it to mock you - and you will also note that I EXPLAINED what it meant in a previous thread), and your insistence that leaps of faith constitute an argument, you make up for in passion.

Enjoy the rest of this thread. It will soon be relegated to the scrapheap of history, along with 9/11 conspiracy, where they both belong.
    Last edited by Merryprankster; 08-26-2006 at 09:17 AM. Reason: I HAVE HEAVILY EDITED THIS.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

This may be old news but...

Sorry if this has already been posted, haven't had time to read all 15 pages...

Have a look at this:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...93973848835726

W

william-

take the time to read if you want to jump in.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

New WTC Complex Photos Highlight Bizarre Building 7 Collapse

New WTC Complex Photos Highlight Bizarre Building 7 Collapse
    Buildings 5 and 6, closer to towers burned throughout but did not collapse

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles...wtccomplex.htm

Here is a separate image revealing the extent of the fires in WTC 5. Despite raging infernos and debris gouging huge holes in the building, and in comparative size significantly more severe fires than the twin towers or Building 7 - the building stood while the other three all collapsed.

No offense, but what the heck does this have to do with martial arts? Take this to some conspiracy forum.

take this to the og
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

The fires didn't take out number 7, the debris from one of the big towers knocking out all the lower floors did......
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon View Post
    The fires didn't take out number 7, the debris from one of the big towers knocking out all the lower floors did......
    Here you can see buildings inside the complex that suffered catastrophic damage but remained standing.

http://www.zombietime.com/wtc_9-13-2001/

In particular buildings 5 and 6 which stood between WTCs 1 and 7 were gutted and smashed but remained standing.

http://www.zombietime.com/wtc_9-13-2...North_Hell.jpg

Here's a map of the area.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/images/a...806wtcplan.jpg

Building 7 occupied a city block immediately north of the World Trade Center complex. Photos taken minutes before its collapse show small fires on two or three floors. Building 7 became only the third steel building in history before or since 9/11 to collapse from fire damage. The other two were the North and South towers of the World Trade Center.

Any building that was not owned by Silverstein Properties strangely remained upright.

Silverstein states, "I remember getting a call from the, er, fire department commander, telling me that they were not sure they were gonna be able to contain the fire, and I said, "We've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is pull it. And they made that decision to pull and we watched the building collapse."

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles...wtccomplex.htm

cjurakpt Guest
    1. so what?

2. who cares?

3. people that do care are probably lined up on other forums: this one is about CHINESE MARTIAL ARTS

4. this thread should be a) locked; b) moved; c) deleted