Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: all 9/11 and related american political threads, merged here

Hi Flattop! My father used to volunteer security for Kahane.
    I won't do anything special because it's just one more day since the attacks/tragedy happened.

I am going to hand out happy 9/11 greeting cards to all my friends up here in Canada and support my government by joining the army when we decide to destroy America.
    Train hard, live long and prosper.

Originally posted by tri2bmt
    I am going to hand out happy 9/11 greeting cards to all my friends up here in Canada and support my government by joining the army when we decide to destroy America.
    Outrageously controversial, but I had to laugh. You have to take it in the spirit of comedy. And before any yanks jump on their high horse, think of all the jokes you've told about other nations tragedies first. Comedy is what stops us all going mad.

How long, do you think, till Hallmark tries to institute 9/11 Day?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

I don't know what I'll be doing.

I can remember it like it was yesterday. I'd jsut finished a long training session, got home at around midnight, turned on the TV and there was one of the towers in flames. I immediately thought something was very wrong. Then the next plane hit. I went numb. No kidding. I couldn't believe it.

Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

Skool Daze...

I'll pray for the world to get its head out of its ass! A poll was done on CNN recently that asked representative populations of folks in Europe if they felt American Foreign Policy contributed to the 9/11 tragedy. I think the majority of people polled in various countries (Britain, Germany, Italy, France, etc.) felt that our "representative" government (what a joke term), was to blame in large part. I tend to agree. From brokering deals with sociopaths like Sadaam and Osama, to relying on dead plants and animals for fuel (possible death cult connection, haha), we were kind of asking for it.

There were signs for years. Americans are uninformed (on purpose) and lack any real power to do anything about anything political. Too bad other criminal types (besides our politicians and big business types) don't feel this way, and innocent people have to suffer for the sake of $$$ and political/business agendas.

So in the immortal words of Laurence Fishburn, star of Spike Lee's "School Daze"------ "WAKE UP!!!!"

Oh and to those that know.... I G O D D A M N told you so!!!

I will spend 9/11 by remembering the victims of ANY conflict wordwide and during History.

And ask from forgiveness for all the innocent that were killed and will be killed in the future in legitimate warfare or not.

If you want the killing to stop than everybody has to make their bit to erase racism, hate, discrimination and so on.
    This can be done on a personal level as well a Goverment level by choosing wisely who you vote for.

Peace
    Last edited by Shadow Dragon; 09-06-2002 at 02:01 AM.

Nice post ShadowDragon.

I just saw a special on HBO about the 1972 Munich terrorist murders of the Israeli athletes. I never saw a more bungled operation (by the Germans) in my life. Then the Germans and Palestinians staged a fake hijacking to let the surviving terrorists escape to Libya. So as to avoid retribution and further terrorism within German borders. What Fu(kers. They also released the remains of the dead terrorists to Lebanon where they received a hero's welcome. The strategy of appeasement and negotiation with terrorists is why terrorism works and will continue until people wake up. I was pleased to see that 2 out of 3 of the remaining Munich terrorist were assasinated by secret Israeli operations, as well as 10 people involved in the planning.

I definitely thought that "America" was collectively sleeping leading up to 9/11, and got it's hand slapped for it.

And yes, "we" made Saddam Hussein, and "we" made Osama. And "we" gave 43 million dollars to the Taliban early in 2001.

Want to shoot me? Here, let me buy your bullets.

Will be offering up prayers

and also hopeing that not another tragedy like that one will repeat itself. Seems like folks are thinking that it is going to happen again aon the same day and that the statue of liberty will be targeted or something of that nature. Of course they said that when new years came and 4th of july and nothing happened.

MRTWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

I'm going to work out.

And remember the heros that died in Penn and probably DC.

And honor those who've since woken up to the fact that their safety is their responsibility, and had the courage to act to stop further acts of terrorism.

I'll give respect and honor to those emergency responders and volunteers who risked, and many gave, their lives and health to help others.

I'm going to keep calling 9-11 an atrocity, not a tragedy.

I'm not going to apologise or blame us for the demented acts of these filth- that kind of cowardace encourages these acts.

I'm going to remember that the vast majority of the Muslim world supported and rejoiced in/celebrated over the attack on 9-11, but also that some were genuinely saddened and outraged.

I'm going to ignor the morons who like to make jokes about it and say we deserve what we got, as they only show their own lack of morality, respect, and honor.

But mostly, I'm going to go about business as usual and prove that a few fanatics that don't know how to properly wear a diaper can't bring a free society to it's knees with their envy, hatred, fanaticism, or willingness to die for the promise of a few virgins.

New Jersey--where the weak are killed and eaten
    I will remember, but I have a request too:
    IF any of you decide to buy american flags and put them on your cars(kind of like what happened nearly a year ago) please, PLEASE, PLEASE: WHen the flags get all ratty and shredded, TAKE THE **** THINGS OFF! I hate seeing people who think they are being patriotic(and perhaps they are in their minds)driving around with a flag on their car that just looks like it got trampled on in a palestinian demonstration!
    Either take the flag off and get a new one, or take it off and don't get a new one. Either way, it displays a marked ignorance to leave it hanging there.
    (takes a deep breath as his frustration leaves his body and takes up residence on the KUNG FU FORUM).
    Peace.

Amen greyseal. That's why I bought a red, white and blue Calvin peeing on bin Laden's name. It's still in remarkable shape despite floods and car washes.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

First of all, I'm going to punch out anyone who makes any kind of remarks about the "Evil US" or "We deserved it." I'll have Kung Fu that day, and I hope we do a special Bai San or something to honor the victoms. I will stay the heck away from the TV, because I really don't want to see the atrocity again. I will stay away from a message board or chat of any kind, because I will probably take a hammer to the screen if I here some dumbas$ commie slandering America.

September 11th will be known as "Patriot Day" from now on...I just pray to God that my grandkids aren't having picnics on it and thinking of it as just another day off work.

It has and always been mankinds nature to wage war,just read
    certain posts on this forum,its easy to spot the ones who've
    never looked a man or woman in the eye and killed them,cold blooded out right sent them to their maker,maybe revenge,the demons that haunt the ones for years(81 year old Marine I talked to today) will live with the chill till the day they die(indeed a cause of suvival) knowing that theres no way of escaping it.
    The ones who rejoice in the bloodshead either side I have no use for,now its a job of survival for our children who three years from now my 14 year old could well end up in the belly of the beast,as
    this threat has a strangle hold on ANY freedom loving person on this planet.

"I'm going to ignor the morons who like to make jokes about it and say we deserve what we got, as they only show their own lack of morality, respect, and honor."

May I quote,

"These people have no sense of country.They don't look beyond themselves...We've lost a sense of responsibility,at least on the individual level.We have too many people who believe that the goverment owes them total,undisciplined freedom.If everyone thought that way,there would be no society.We're so big,so strong now,that people have seem to have forgotten that a part of our strength comes from each person surrendering a portion of his individual urges to the common good"

As for me,not a day goes by that I forget those that surrendered
    a portion of his or her's individual urges to the common good,not just the "911" atrocity,but that 81 year warrior that I locked eyes with today and listened......And learned,so many before him,so many after him and so many more to come.

The lack of response on this thread bothers me,its as if Sept.11th 2001 was a wake up call for those with their heads straight up their arses,and some if not alot still have their heads up their arses.

Thumbs up

good post tnwingtsun!

I have never faced the horrors of war, but even just thinking about it frightens me... all the people who laid down their lives to protect and fight for what they believe in (all sides of EVERY conflict), as well as innocents deserve our respect and rememberance, not just 9/11.

The story about the veteran is particularly potent: even thinking about doing something like that frightens me, but to live through a conflict, with so many horrors to come to terms with, is truly a brave thing... It seems some of those people are often forgotten about...

So for me 9/11 i will remember what happened, reflect on all the bad things that have and are happening, and those who have gone before us. Mainly i will hope for the future to see people working together to ensure this doesn't happen again, from all sides...

david
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

Like dezhen2001 I have never faced war myself.

But I have met many people that been in different wars from my own grandparents to friends and my Wifes Family..
    And many people that lived and suffered through occupation times.
    Both allied and non-allied.

To friends that served for 1 1/2 years in a war-zone and those that were stationed in trouble areas like Beirut and South African Townships.

The funny thing is NONE of them advocate war, it is normally people that have NEVER seen/experienced war that advocate it.

Also a lot of the People that advocate war have never seen the effects on their own home-ground like the USA.

So for all the war-mongers out there I suggest to visit a Library and see what War and Military actions have done to countries and People BOTH friendly and Enemy.

Than come back and repeat their tough racist and hatred attitude.

To find out about war don't read a History book or watch a Documentary, but ask People that been there and lived trhough it to give you first-hand accounts not tainted by glorification of people that won a war/conflict.
    Cheers