Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: all 9/11 and related american political threads, merged here

Well unlike Denzen and Shadow Dragon, I HAVE seen the horror of war, and we may be facing the same Arabs with whom I worked and fought 12 years ago - can I possibly tell you how much that p isses me off?

What am I doing? Certainly not celebrating, or honoring the heroes. Truthfully I'm ashamed that the most powerful nation in the world got its "cherry popped" in such a manner, and I certainly do NOT want to remember or mourn.

I for one will be vigilant as hell, and secretly wishing some "martyr for Allah" was sitting next to me on my next airplane flight...I'll help him/her/them on their journey

Semper Fi, go shoot that guy
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Copyright 2003 - African Tiger Inc., a Nevada yada yada yada. Any reproduction...oh, to hell with that round kick, my knees are killing me. How about a nice Iron Palm to the nuts, sonny?

Tiger Man

Sucks, don't it?

I'll probably do the same thing I do every day. Pray, meditate, train and stay vigilant.
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

Most people seem to forget that many people of different nations died that day. It wasn't an atack on US in general, it was an attack on humanity. Bin Laden is friggin hypocryte and coward. He doesn't even follow his own religion corectly. I say he's in it for something else.
    killer kung fu commando streetfighter who has used his devastating fighting system to defeat hordes of attackers in countless combat situations

I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Stacey Guest
    I will commmemorate the attacks by filling a fleet of remote controled airplanes with m-80's and flying them into skyscrapers.

Of course if I really wanted to do something dangerous I could vote for Bush in the upcoming election.

I can't wait to see who wins the war on terror. I wonder if its gonna be like the war on drugs. Remember that? Notice how its hard to find drugs these days The war on terror will be like that.

seriously, I will commemorate it by buying a plane ticket to Mazatlan. The fear will come again and people won't want to fly. Well if the terrorists are gonna make waves, I might as well ride them into priceline.com

Unhappy Running, Fanatics, and Prayers Answered

NorthernMantis wrote: <i>"Most people seem to forget that many people of different nations died that day. It wasn't an atack on US in general, it was an attack on humanity. Bin Laden is friggin hypocryte and coward. He doesn't even follow his own religion corectly. I say he's in it for something else.</i>

Hello All,

I've looked at 9-11 as a tragedy for the world as well, not something confined to the USA. Any event where this many folk die (regardless of cause) is a global happening, not something confined to a locality. I felt the same about Bhopal, Chernobyl, Rwanda, etc. In addition to the diversity of the victims, like it or not, much of the worlds economy is tied to happenings in the U.S.A. This is one of the reasons Bin Laden's Al Quaida (and other terrorist groups) would love to smash the U.S. economy--hence the original WTC bombing a few years back (which at the time took out something like 5 basement floors). Envy, jealousy is a biiig part of this hatred for the U.S.

The self-proclaimed "Righteous of Allah" simply cannot come to grips with the fact that for all their ranting and claims that they speak and act for god, they are still living in hovels and having to force people to observe outdated tribal and religious customs (otherwise they would wage an ideological war, not one directed at economic targets). The thinking runs along the lines of "those immoral heathenistic, Americans (or insert your country/culture) are living successfully, reaping rewards WE DESERVE! We had better fix this before people start asking why they're successful and we're not..." In their eyes, it is the rest of the world that is misguided. Like homegrown fanatics here in the US of A, they realize that their position is not based upon reason, and know that the only way they will convince themselves and their followers that there may be some truth to their claims of divine sponsorship is to destroy something magnificent and beautiful. The freedom of their own people. Or about 3,000 unarmed other people and lots o' jet fuel, steel and concrete oughta do the trick!

All hail God, who has delivered a miracle! Ah, God. Sponsor of Al Quaida, John Walker Lindh, Aryan Nations, Branch Davidians everywhere, women's clinic bombers, terrorist shieks, and those loving televangelists who beg for "love offerings" from their multi-million dollar pulpits. Sigh. Fills my heart with goodness to know that yes, <b>prayer really does work.</b> Riiight? After all, if God answered a prayer as big as Al Quaida's....

Blaming the USA and striking at civillians going about their day-to-day business is easier for them than correcting the vast problems with the Saudi political/religious regime. But if 9-11-01 shows they were right because they succeeded...what does the fact that the Taliban were (mostly) wiped out mean?

This is a good time for the world to remember. NOTHING is truly safe. A jet could take out the Eiffel Tower today. Or vaporize the Kabbah at Mecca. Or maybe another big, stone Buddah. A bullet can rip through a soldier, or a smiling toddler indifferently. It doesn't know the difference. But people do--we have the capability of the vilest meanness and also they bravest kindness. And it is people we must watch. Vigilence is the price of Safety. If 9-11-01 has done nothing else, it has reminded us that everyone has an Achilles Heel. No-one is immortal, and nothing stands forever. Whether our monuments fall under the weight of time, or the weight of cruelty (our own or our neighbor's) is simply a matter of circumstance and preparedness.

Last but not least, "Blaming the Victim" in this case rings hollow--folks trying to rationalize this insanity really do look like a bunch of nutters. It's the USA's fault? Which US folks? The kids on the playground? The businessman trying to make a buck? Organized labor? Housewives? Atheists? Receptionists? The guys who signed the Bill of Rights, and the countless generations of men and women who improved upon the dreams eminating from it? C'mon. Listen to these blame mongers. They are either U.S. citizens laden with guilt over their own personal selfish actions, or whiney Frenchmen who never got over the fact that the U.S.A. saved their smelly posteriors from Adolf (since we're on a first-name basis with Osama, Saddam, etc...). Silliness--they can't be taken seriously. Not seriously enough to upset me, at any rate.

I will do what I did last year, run at 8:15/m pace until my legs give out, and then crawl to a friendly telephone & collect call a ride. Then I will BBQ a steak (need protein after the run), and while eating it, hope that ignorant fundamentalists everywhere will bring about their own demise--whether the remnents of the taliban in Afghanistan and Pakistan, or our homegrown fanatical christians in the US of A. No candles, no flowers, nothing special, really. I celebrate the good, the innocent, the sincere every day. Always have.

As for turning the other cheek, taking the blame, swallowing the world's innocent, and jest fergettin' abouddit, as some suggest--sometimes we have to make war to have peace. I just hope we finish what we start before we stretch ourselves too thin. Or commit to WWIII. What frightening thoughts.

Happy Trailways to You,

M.C. Busman
    mc_busman@Bigmailbox.net

People shouldnt be afraid.

There is more protection now then ever.
    IXIJoeKaveyIXI

If Wing Chun was a man, he would be The Man...

Of course if I really wanted to do something dangerous I could vote for Bush in the upcoming election.
    Umm Stacey? It's an off year election, Bush isn't on the ballot this time.

M.C. Busman, dittos.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    I dont think it was an attack to humanity or the western world or something, it was just USA.
    Nobody here felt afraid like ooooh that could happen to us. The attack is for USA, not for us.
    Posibly becouse we didnt **** other countries in the ass without asking, so we are always at low risk.
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

Go fuck yourself Stacey. Wait you probably just got done. Your comment about remote controlled planes filled with m-80's even in humor is a blatent disrepect to everyone who lost their lives that day. It's a shame that people who actually had something of value to contribute to this world lost their lives and whiney little pussies like you get to contiue their pointless little lives.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Stacey Guest
    so they are better because they died?

Ok Ewallace, go appreaciate.

why do you care anyways? I didn't see you crying when 1/3 or bolivia's native population a number far in excess of the bombings was wiped out in an earthquake.

In case you havent watched the news for the last 20 years, people always die. What do you expect? Did you think this wouldn't happen? Do you think your life will be free from suffering? Yeah it was a joke, better a joke than to life in fear, life goes on.

You don't see me making fun of the Bolivans that died either. The point was that your post was nowhere near funny. And that was a natural disaster genious. That was absolutely in the most horrible taste considering the events that happened. It's obvious from your posts you don't know anything about anything. Your rationale sucks, and your humor is non-existant. Let alone you can't decide what gender you are or what style you practice.

I don't live in fear. I just got off a ****ing airplane 5 days ago. Tell me, besides sitting on your ass in front of a computer whining about how bad your government is, what the hell do you do to make your life or for that matter anyone around you's lives any better, or change the things that you don't like?
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

I will say a prayer for those that died, and avoid all TV specials like the plague. I think the TV stations are just cashing in on a tragedy, and it really annoys me.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Agree with Joedoe.

From now on it will be more about the almighty Dollar.

Look out for the Vendors homing in on Ground zero and similar to skim the extra buck on food, flags, flowers, memorial goods, etc.

Every year worldwide the skeletons are pulled out of the closet dusted of and paraded in front of everybody to sell something.

Sad but true.

Originally posted by Martial Joe
    People shouldnt be afraid.

There is more protection now then ever.
    Um, howdoya figure???
    The greatest thing about me is that I know that I am the ONLY one that knows the truth about all! Damo lives within me, and me ONLY - for there is nobody that knows the truth more - so stick that in your pipe and smoke it sparky's!!!