Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: all 9/11 and related american political threads, merged here

Thumbs up

nothng to say except good post mat i'm staying out of this one!

david
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

Shadow Dragon, what are your sources?
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Originally posted by Xebsball
    I dont think it was an attack to humanity or the western world or something, it was just USA.
    Nobody here felt afraid like ooooh that could happen to us. The attack is for USA, not for us.
    Posibly becouse we didnt **** other countries in the ass without asking, so we are always at low risk.
    Let's see, you come from a country where death squads "humanely" kill thousands of street children. Where income disparities are as bad as in the US, but the overall scale is lower so you have people starving and malnourished not far from where the rich frolic - where corruption is rampant, life is cheap and your racial and economic caste system rivals that of any other country. I think one of your own oppressed citizens would sooner be the source of fear and danger for you. Low risk? You call favelas low risk?

Not addressing your point about the US, which has involved itself in many sticky moral situations abroad. Rather pointing out the sticky moral situations that your own government has involved itself in domestically. Get off your high horse.

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    fa_jing, you misunderstood what i said, i was talking about external attacks. We are low risk to attacks from other countries, get it now? Since we were talking about external policies, international war and such it seems to me that you bringing up internal issues of my country is just a simple and inefective way of trying to somehow angry or confuse me.

btw... where are you getting your info... thousands of children being shot is far from reality.
    You have kids shooting at schools where you live, were thousands of children killed in those?
    Last edited by Xebsball; 09-09-2002 at 01:48 PM.
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

Yeah really. If you wanted to confuse or anger Xebs, just mention to him that he hasn't gotten any for a while, and that shouldn't be happening considering he lives in Brazil.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

The death squads thing was something that I was reading about in 1996, don't have any references. But here's something for you:

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/World/ap20020909_1247.html

quote: "Between 1978-2000, 49,913 people died from small-arms fire in Rio de Janeiro, the vast majority between the ages of 15 and 24, Dowdney said"

I'm just trying to point out that the evils that humans commit are not all confined to the Northern Hemisphere.

Your country is not heavily involved in international politics, with neither its risks nor its rewards, that works for you, fine. Hey I hate imperialism too. But I also hate the anti-US sentiment that exists in countries where the real culprits are their own leaders who sell their people out to you guessed it, the US and other foreign interests. But the deals weren't designed to work that way - they were to bring benefit to the country, it is your corrupt leaders (mostly in the past) that have squandered the opportunities and failed to share the wealth gained from such deals.

hey xebby, i think you have something sticking out of your back.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

fa_jing,

I thought you were talking about normal street kids being shot at random.
    If you refer to kids or teenagers that work for drug dealers, i feel sorry for them... but they carry guns, sell drugs and shot at the police just like any other criminal, their future is quite obviously at most times, death by firearms - be it the polices guns or of some rival gang.

I never claimed the northern hemisphere to be the root of evil or anything like that, my statement only showed the truth of the law of karma, action and reaction.

ewallace and rub,

you *******s!

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Hi. I came in late (but I have a note) so I am just simply going to answer the original topic. What am I going to do? Stockpile ammo, and HASMAT suits. Not really a problem, due to the fact that I have plenty left over from Y2k ;-)

TenTigers

You sound exactly like a buddy of mine that sat on his roof on Y2K with a fully loaded SKS assault rifle and enough extra rounds to take out a large trailor park community.

Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Xebs - Those people are driven to crime by their socio-economic status and the fact that drugs are illegal...same as here. They are not responsible for the conditions in which they live, still, they do bear responsibility for their actions as you said.

The death squads goes back to an article I was reading in 1996, in a Spanish newspaper--apparently groups of armed men were killing street children (gamines) as "mercy" killings by the dozens at a time- and the locals and the police had ambiguous feelings about it--many supported these actions. I think it was mostly in the Sao Paulo area. I mentioned something to a Scottish guy about it, he gave me a remark like "well, they're not much more than bags of bones anyway" It is terrible that human life is dis-regarded in such a manner, not enough people think to try to help these kids. Anyway your country is internationally reknowned for it's poor human rights record, so like I said "get off your high horse" - means don't talk down to us like your refuse doesn't stink.

Now, go find a girl and be happy!!! There's someone out there for ya, don't sweat it Karma will eventually send someone your way
    peace

High horse or not, i criticize all countries when they deserve, mine included, but this thread aint about Brazil

Yeah i remember the death squads thing, actually some of the killers were cops btw. I havent heard on the news that happening since a long time.

Be happy you too

How will Budokan celebrate 9/11?

I'm going to pi$$ on the Koran.
    K. Mark Hoover

Hi All.

I hope that after 9/11 the REAL war against Terrorism will start.

And I mean ALL form of Terrorism, personally, I don't see ol' Bushy squirrel doing anything against ETA, Tamil Tiger or any other known Terrorist group in the World.

Sorry, forgot he used the excuse to strenghten some bases/ties in the Phillipines and get some laws changed to allow him to stay there easier.

Maybe it should be renamed to:
    "War against the perceived enemies of the USA and other undesirable elements".
    rather than the above misleading Name.

Whoever belives that the USA is engaged in a war to wipe out Terrorism needs to rethink a bit.

War and it's associated suffering/hate/killings creates Terrorists.

Something to ponder on how Bushy squirrel tries to fool the world, but not many are fooled.

Cheers.

Re: How will Budokan celebrate 9/11?

Originally posted by Budokan
    I'm going to pi$$ on the Koran.
    Just goes to show what a grown up you are then, doesn't it. You realise that this comment proves you to be just the same type of fundamentalist, misinformed, blinkered, bigotted twat that you claim to rail against, don't you?

I can't believe this level of ignorance and plain fucking idiocy still exists.

It's people like you, Budokan, that reinforce the rest of the world's opinion of your country and it's population.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching