Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: San Shou Ignorance

UFC??

Have you ever realised ,that there was NEVER a real Kung Fu guy performing in UFC???
    WHY????
    Because presenting your style on a highly official "tournament" AGAINST OTHER STYLES just to see which is the best style is against the spirit of Kung Fu.
    The aim of OUR MA is not to be a good fighter.
    I SAY anyone who fought in UFC claiming to be a Kung Fu figter, should stay away from our style.

San Shou, I would say, is not a traditional style. It is the "Chinese kick-boxing sport". I think it is a good experience to do it ,even if you are in a traditional style.
    Don't be afraid of walking slowly.
    But NEVER halt.

"The aim of OUR MA is not to be a good fighter. "

So what's the goal of a real martial art?

Thumbs down oh please get real

I'm sorry, this is gonna come off as harsh, but what new age commune did you just crawl out of??

The fact that anyone can believe that Chinese martial arts are somehow some sort of "feel good" health exercise just shows that you can sell any amount of BS and someone will buy it...

- "Because presenting your style on a highly official "tournament" AGAINST OTHER STYLES just to see which is the best style is against the spirit of Kung Fu." -

Sorry dude, you haven't a clue, really, you do realize that for most of our history, , we were FIGHTING arts and we fought eachother dude

that is before some instructors figured out there were "hippies" like you that would buy into TCMA as some form of yoga and pay for it!!!

For MOST of our history Chinese martial arts has ALWAYS been my style vs your style and challenges, public tournaments, etc have always been part of the tradition

I guess you never heard of "da lei tai"? Or Wong Yan Lam and his stage in Canton? Or Fong Sai Yuk and his stage fights? Or how about the national tournament in Nanjing in 1927?

- "The aim of OUR MA is not to be a good fighter." -

Sorry, the aim of REAL Chinese martial art IS to be a good fighter. Apparently the aim of your art is to eat a lot of granola and become one with your center....

Stuff like this makes me sick, you are so deluded and out of touch with reality it is scary
    Last edited by lkfmdc; 09-19-2002 at 10:44 AM.

Apparently the aim of your art is to eat a lot of granola and become one with your center....

Liokault,

it turned into a thread on racism because I made a stupid comment that I shouldn't have, earlier. I should have chosen a different phrasing, but instead used "One of the most racist," as opposed to something like "one of the most insular," when I discussed Chinese culture. I think the history of CMA kind of demonstrates there is an emphasis on "outsiders," and "insiders," in Chinese culture. I don't necessarily believe this translates to racism per se, but more, as guohen pointed out, a recognition of differences and sameness--us vs. them.

Unfortunately, fgxpanzerz seems intent on pointing out that U.S. culture isn't perfect either. Somehow that is supposed to refute the argument that Chinese culture tends to be insular. We could go round in circles about all our presidents having been white males (like this is surprising or something--remember that minorities and women have only been enfranchised for REAL relatively recently), but what, really is the point. What woman has been president of France? Name me a black prime minister of Britain. How about a Hakka Premier of China or an Asian Russian President. Oh... gee... I'm sorry that hasn't happenned yet either. How about a white Prime Minister of Japan. A Turkish Pres in Germany? Oops... that hasn't happenned either...

I don't mind the admission of imperfections, but get off the high horse already, and stop acting like every bad thing race related or otherwise emanates from the U.S. Indefensible crap.

Done now. Won't respond here on this issue again--not that it matters, but it'll keep ME from getting in a tizzy
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Modern Chinese society still maintains a distinction between "Han" and "minorities"

There will never be a white prime minister of Japan since Japanese citizenship is reserved for Japanese ONLY, and you can't be naturalized or even born into citizenship, ask the Koreans whose families have been in Japan for up to 5 generations and who still have to apply for Korean citizenship or be "stranded"

but let's keep discussions focussed on granola, seeking inner peace and the sound of one hand wacking

Hi Shoalin Tiger. Do you remember when i did the elbow-knee escape to you when we were fighting? I totally elbow-knee escaped you.

Your double leg takedown was totally neutralized by my unstoppable BJJ elbow-knee escape.

Do you remember when you through a roundhouse that him my leg and it lifted my off the ground and i spun around? That was funny becuase it was so hard i spun around when it hit me. But then i did the Super Kick. You did the Iron Broom Sweep but i did the BJJ Iron Broom block to stop it.

And then i punched you in the face and i cut my hand on your tooth and my arm was kicked by a roundhouse and it cut open a cut on my arm when i blocked it and there was blood everywhere and then you started spitting blood out of your mouth and the blood was getting all over the grass. And then the bicycle police came but the bicyble police road right by and didn't even notice the blood.

If anyone wants to fight just make a post. I will fight anyone hwo lives wihting a reasonable distnace. But i mgiht not be able to travel depending.

Will you be wanting to use the vibrating controller or the classic controller in your death match Ralek?
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere

Talking

LOL @ Ralek
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

shouldn't Ralek be in his parent's basement doing his homework? School started already didn't it?

Nah, Ralek is recovering from a "broken neck".
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

My neck did not break. I just jave a small tear in my spinal cord but it's not big deal.

And this is not a video game. This is a real challenge match fight that acutally happened and Shaolin Tiger can tell you it is real and some people on the forum know shaolin tiger in real lfie.

Shoalin Tiger really did do an Iron Broom sweep. And there really was blood everywhere. And i realluy did totally elbow-knee escape shoalin tiger. I totally pulled guard on him and he did a chinese pressure point attack but it didn't work. I still have 2 scars from the fight. One scar on my hand and one scar on my chest. It's kind of like the video tame Street Fighter 2 Turbo where Sagat gets a scar on his chest from his fight wiht Ryu. Buy my scar is not that huge. Scars are cool. I want to get a scar on my face. That would be really cool.

Shoalin Tiger. We really should fight again. It's been over a year and i am sure you have improved since then.

But i've been doing some special training myself so it will be a totally different level than last time.

I think most peole don't realize the enormaty of the fight between shoalin tiger and me. I have a scar on my chest forever from the fight. The epic battle was so huge and so bloody that police were called and there were all sorts of advanced moves being thrown and that round house that cut open my arm. There was super Iron Broom sweep and i threw 1 Super Kick during the fight but it didn't work.

...and the sky went dark, as if day had turned to night, and cows gave sour milk, and the crops failed never to return, and a rooster was born with the face of David Hasselhoff, and the sound of the clashing of swords kept infants crying all through the night, and the ground shook from the exploding bombs, and the heavens rained down rusty metal, hot coals and broken glass, and little old ladies began to f@rt Zyklon B gas, and every musical instrument in the state simultaneously went out of tune, and the noise made windows break as far away as Budapest, and flowers bloomed with petals of venomous fangs, and sasquatch lost all his hair and took the name 'John Ashcroft', and all the blond children cried tears of blood, and all the brunette children cried tears of fortified malt liqour, and encyclopedias spontaneously burst into flames, and donut holes ran for the protection of their donuts, and...

just a minute, I need to feed the dogs.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.