Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Toughest/most lethal situations you´ve been in.

Thumbs up Toughest/most lethal situations you´ve been in.

Not to scratch old wounds open to bleed again but to share your worst,possibly life or death situations you´ve got in and what happened.
    If you want to share and discuss.
    The sunset´s setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Re: Toughest/most lethal situations you´ve been in.

Originally posted by Former castleva
    Not to scratch old wounds open to bleed again but to share your worst, possibly life or death situations you´ve got in and what happened.
    If you want to share and discuss.
    When I was a kid one winter I was on a sled that went down a hill, off a bank and onto a frozen pond. Except that the sled broke through the ice and I had to swim back to the hole. I managed to get out and then with the help of friends got home.

Being a kid, the worst of it was that it happened on a sunday. That night it began to blizzard. School was out for a week. Of course, being sick from my underwater experience meant I had to lie in bed for the duration.

Thumbs up

It gets chilly just thinking about that,huh.
    So what doubles the level of discomfort was that even though the school was closed you could not actually spend any kind of "vacation"?
    Too bad.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Found out my ex was cheating on me...man it took me a year and half to get over that one! If u're talking about street fighting...usually over in secs...so no...never significant!
    A

One morning I woke up and the TV was on,what program??

MARTHA STEWART!!!!!

I almost died......................

Thumbs up

Thanks.
    Both sound as horrible.

-FC, summer of 2006-

I was in the back seat of a car in high school getting chased by another car that was shooting at us.

Also got bricked in the head and the **** kicked out of me by 3 guys.

I was stupid at 17
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Thumbs up Interesting thread

This is probably the most entertaining thread I've seen in a while. You guys gave me a few laughs as well as flashbacks. What about you, FC? You asked the question, now you answer. I bet you got the best story to tell.

My father and 3 sisters got caught in a rip tide once. I had to pull them out, and I am not a very good swimmer. I got 2 of my sisters out before some lifesavers came along and got my father and last sister out.

Also almost stepped on a snake once. Don't think it was a dangerous one, but you never know down here.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

10. Thumbs up

Thanks for the replies.

"This is probably the most entertaining thread I've seen in a while. You guys gave me a few laughs as well as flashbacks. What about you, FC? You asked the question, now you answer. I bet you got the best story to tell."

That is a worthy question to ask.
    Luckily I have not been to many high danger situations like those previously mentioned or in a sense of assaults etc. which I first thought of.If mentioning similar ones I could say I´ve nearly choked a couple of times due to asthma but that is not nearly as bad as dealing with one´s personal foes like heavy depression,getting locked up for that and other things.
    This thread got into all different direction I thought,but that´s fine with me.

-FC, summer of 2006-

I have the worst luck. This sounds made up, but I swear it is true.

Car breaks down late at night. My girlfriend is with me (I was only 19 at the time). Some nice kids come by in a Mustang. They gave us a ride. We get in the back and everything was fine, and suddenly a primered 70's Charger comes up beside us, and starts throwing beer bottles at the windows hard! It actually sounded like gunfire, and we all thought we were being shot at. The car starts aggresively bumping the back of the Mustang. You know they are crazy at this point.

I am thinking, "how did this happen to me???". The bad part is, the kids driving start freaking out and crying, and screaming and stuff. I had to talk him and his hysterical friend down. I assured him we could take these guys no problem, just to calm him. I directed him to run all red lights and stop signs (when safe), and pull up at the police station, where I leaned forward and laid on the car horn non-stop. The Charger wanted no further part of this, and quickly exited the game. I am sure the guys were high or had weapons. I was not interested in finding out which types either.

The good news, is that I had thought through all these type scenarious many many times before, so the ol' freak out would not occur, or make a very dangerous mistake.

Anyway, the ONE time I catch a ride...this kind of thing happens to me.

Not M/A related but when I was about 14 I was really into hopping freight trains. We used to hop them in Naperville and ride them down into Berwin, IL and ride the commuter train back. Anyway, one evening I really misjudged the speed that the train was going. I was at a full sprint, reached and grabbed onto the ladder, and when I did my legs were sucked underneath the train. My left foot kept bouncing off the wheel of the train. Finally I pulled myself up to safety. The train didn't slow down to a exitable speed for some time. It took me about 2 hours to walk back to where my friends and I were horsing around. They thought I had been killed, since all they saw was half of me being sucked underneath the train. Just thinking about that puts a queasy feeling in my stomach.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

13. Thumbs up

CD Lee,tough story.
    There lies the mistake that hitchhiking is not considered safety in self-protection/crime prevention.
    Statistically,it would be safest to jump to a car of a woman or a family if one has to hitchhike.
    That driving to police station and causing noise thing was a wise move though,something to recommend.

ewallace,that´s dangerous!
    It sounds to me as you would have disfigured your leg in that,but I suppose you stayed unharmed?
    It seems you got jumped by the freight train.

Thanks for the replies.

-FC, summer of 2006-

I am very, very lucky that I wasn't killed or paralized from that stupid stunt. My left foot just bounced off the top quarter of the train wheel a few times before I was able to pull myself up. And keep in mind that the train was probably only going 20-25 mph. Hell the most dangerous part about trainhopping is running alongside the train in order to jump on. You take a wrong step on those rocks and you can wind up under the train. I definitely do not recommend anyone doing this.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

where i live i have this steep hill that i run down to get home. I normally run on teh road, because in a section there's this tree that is neve rmaintained, and has twigs coming down. anyway one night while going home, this car was on the road, so i ran onto the nature strip, and into one of those twigs. it cut my eyebrow, and it was bleeding.....it must've been pretty bad as it takes a bit to cut teh eyebrow, and if it were a few cm's lower, it would've gone straight through my eye easily. =)