Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Self Mastery and Energy Development

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    "I stated what my goals are in terms used by martial artist all the time. I am interested in hearing other goals or other ways of looking at CMA."

Kung-Fu exists. Shuai Chiao exists. Chin-na exists. Qigong exists. That's all.~
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

From a professional standpoint, kung fu is my JOB.

There is only one other thing in life I can do successfully without totally screwing up, and that's being a concert violinist.

Even then, I'm so innately combative that I've managed to make enemies across the globe simply by lifting bow to string. I don't fit into the modern world of classical music, being "traditional" in my methods and personality.

I have a naturally jumpy and hyperactive ADHD personality, but it works great in kung fu teaching. There, I can flit from student to student with full concentration and stamina. I'm at my most natural when I'm moving, and moving FAST.

Hopefully, my students will enjoy what I show them. If not, I won't feel bad if they walk away. And for those that stay, I hopefully can make it worth their while - and money.

I Have been Enlightened

Kung fu is in essence is knowing what to do.It is only limited by us the Artists.During the learning process you experience a host of emotions and sensations.How you deal with and learn from these is also part of the basic training. If the student gives in to the emotions and sensations the student may look for short-cuts or ways around the training.If this happens it is the job of the kung fu family the kwoon to assist the student in keeping focus.This focus helps in overall training and Energy development.Thus the first and most basic things are things that require the most attention and these basics help to created an Energetic foundation.

Thank you all for giving me you enlightened responses.
    ________
    donald petersen
    ________
    Paxil Lawyers
    Last edited by seung ga faat; 04-29-2011 at 01:21 AM.

Wink

Well, pass me the purple Kool-aid, family. I'm a doubter from the get-go. Unless I thoroughly get to criticize everything, I don't count on it.

"Kung fu is in essence is knowing what to do" What to do, oh what to do? (biting fingernails)
    IA! IA! CTHULHU FHTAGN!

"The gods be praised! My misfortunes surpass even my expectation!" -Jean Racine

I have the copyrights for Ouing Xun(tm), Veng Stun (tm), & Yengxun (tm). If you use these, you owe me $