Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most annoying "non-serious" injuries from training.

Most annoying "non-serious" injuries from training.

What are your most annoying little injuries from training? Nothing serious, but just the nagging fat lips, sprained toes, etc. that seem to take forever to heal?

Right now I have the seriously annoying "cut inner lip." which makes it annoying to brush teeth, drink acidic drinks, and other such things.

Anyone have any others?

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

Is sciatica serious? It sure is annoying.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

I'll agree with the "Bitten inner lip", get those a lot from when people slap on rear naked chokes but dont have it on the neck. Matburn sucks too, on knees and sometimes my foot if i've been doing double legs sloppy :P
    Free thinkers are dangerous!

Jammed fingers suck a bunch... if you jam it good enough it can hurt for a couple weeks. Since we do a lot of things that require fingers (grabs, etc) that can suck a great deal

My worst, though, would have to be when I pulled a groin muscle. I had no idea I used those muscles in EVERYTHING I did, Kung Fu or not.

hmm... nearly bit my tongue off in sparring. every time i go to the dentist, his assistant asks about the scar tissue.

but the most annoying (i.e., embarrassing) has to be when i broke my foot in taekwondo. i was only on crutches for a day (i chipped the bone) so it qualifies as not serious, i think.

spinning kick, i managed to get one foot shoved up the other pant leg, spun like a top, and fell down, chipping my foot in the process.

[sigh]

i'm an idiot.
    When you assume, you make an ass out of... pretty much just you, really.

The worst toe stubbing ever. I was bringing my foot back after a kick, lost my balance a little and managed to jam my second toe straight into the floor. The whole toe bruised and swelled up and the top of my foot in an area of about a square inch at the base of the toe was bruised. For about a month after that it hurt to walk in shoes. Not horribly, but just enough that I was aware of it.

I tore cartilage between a couple of my ribs last year. It was sucky and painful for a few weeks, and even now it still pops when I move certain ways.

Constantly taking all the skin off my knuckles really gets me!!!

Also the bruse/rough skin on my arm near my armpit due to constantly getting armlocked there makes me mad.

The other main one thats not really an injury but anyway.....waking up in the morning and not being strong enough to hold my head up after a hard night of guys trying to twist my head off!!!
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

When I was in chung moo, they used to pack us in 50 to a class, and one time we were all practicing front snap kicks in rows, and there was barely enough room in between each row to keep from kicking the person in front of you(there were too many people to stagger).

Anyway, I felt something hit my finger, and looked back at this poor guy who was holding his foot. Somehow, he kicked, hit me on the middle finger, and broke two toes. I wouldn't be surprised if he switched to boxing after that.

For me, the most annoying is sciatica as well, though I've been strengthening my back for a while now, and that seems to have minimized any problems I have with that.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

10. Thumbs up

This is a home training "injury" and a lesson.
    Got enraged and kicked the bottom (hard part) of my heavy bag with an uncontrolled snap kick hitting with the top of my foot (instep)..
    Was in extreme pain for a while and could hardly move,thinking I broke those fragile bones (never,ever hit strong areas with your weak areas which shall be targeted...)
    Could hardly walk for the rest of the day,had pain in it at times for many days afterwards.

"The other main one thats not really an injury but anyway.....waking up in the morning and not being strong enough to hold my head up after a hard night of guys trying to twist my head off!!!"

What the heck do you do at night?

KC Elbows,hit you on the middle finger and broke two toes,thatīs unbelievable,yet bad.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

He didn't so much as jam my finger. I felt bad for him.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

Swollen lip from the inside is really annoying, which causes difficulities with eating and drinking and in addition to that, it looks so silly.
    "Extra inch, extra power." -Tarm Sarm

busted toe - jammed in mat at bjj
    hyperextended thumbs - incorrect striking in kung fu
    twisted ankle - attacked by escalator (affects training)
    popped shoulder - using too much strength in strikes before knowing technique.

I'm a walking disaster area. lol.
    Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

Three weeks ago I had a grade one tear of my AC joint (the connector between the collarbone and the shoulder) while grappling. Really irritating as I can't grapple (ground nor standing) much right now.

Other common injuries that are a real nag are hyperextended elbows and ankles. I've also seperated my shoulder a couple of times, which puts a quick stop to training.

KG
    Last edited by Kempo Guy; 09-18-2002 at 08:42 PM.

tendonitis
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter